April 27, 2024, 02:09:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Clarification on DE numbers?

Started by ihatecats78, April 21, 2014, 09:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihatecats78

April 21, 2014, 09:01:30 PM Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:28:36 AM by ihatecats78
I'm trying to get smarter on all of the TTS tables..  I'm looking for a no guess explanation on a few things regarding the decel enleanment tables:

1. What do the numbers in the tables mean?  i.e.  If there's a .31 in one of the cells, does that mean that the ECM is reducing my lambda by .31 when I let off the throttle? 

2.  What is the purpose of DE?  Seems a little counter-intuitive to me.   A lot of the lambda tables I've seen have the far left column set pretty rich to prevent decel popping.  Why then, would we want to lean out the mix when I let off of the throttle?

Edit:  I read through the TTS manual and found that the numbers in the tables are multipliers...  So does that mean that same .31 lead to a decrease of 31% fuel when the DE is engaged?
2013 Fatboy Lo: TTS, Deweys Heads, Tman 600SM V&H ProPipe, Big Sucker Intake

joe_lyons

DE is only when there is a delta change in throttle position from higher to lower.  AE is the same only from lower to higher. Throttle position gives a faster feedback than the map sensor will report and the ecm uses the AE and DE to help with the quick changes in airflow.  DE will cure what I call (shift pop). Some people complain that when shifting they will get a little pop and this is because of excess fuel continuing to burn outside of the combustion chamber in to the pipe.  DE cuts that fuel down to prevent that.  Now there are a few ways to cure recall pop. Lean it, flood it and add timing.  Sometimes different setups want different things.  I personally will add timing and lean the fuel on decel as to not waste fuel and add to fuel economy.  But your results may vary.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901