May 06, 2024, 07:24:51 AM

News:

Scraping Floor Boards

Started by IBARider, March 11, 2009, 08:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IBARider

'08 flhtc, stock height.  I scraped both floor boards this morning doing 55 on a straight stretch of highway.  Obviously I wasn't going straight.  I've been trying to slow down and am so bored, I've got to do something. 
It slid 112 feet and I had no road rash

specialx1

must of looked like u were drunk if your scrapin em goin down straight stretch of road lol
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

x52gnr

Ahhhh, the sound of grinding floorboards in the morning...... :up:
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

ULTRADOG

HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

tireater

Just try not to scrape the windshield...even if it saves tires...

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

Panzer

That's a nasty pix there Tireater.
Is that one o them there........"watch this" pictures?

I bet that hurt, poor guy.    OUCH, big time!!
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

truck

Quote from: Panzer on March 11, 2009, 10:30:16 AM
That's a nasty pix there Tireater.
Is that one o them there........"watch this" pictures?

I bet that hurt, poor guy.    OUCH, big time!!
That guy was showing off on the Tail of The Dragon, there is a series pictures somewhere showing his smugness at the start of the ride.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

guitar sam

my goal is to scrape both floor boards and do 100 mph.

i have only scraped the right one

and have only had it up to 95 mph.

but the season is just starting.

gs

truck

I hate scraping them! I always have to smooth the rough edges with a file so the the wash rag doesn't get shredded when I wash the bike.

Sonny S.

off my 01 Ultra. Not sure why I replaced it....just gonna happen again   :wink:
I'll admit that the rear was adjusted a little low

truck

Quote from: Sonny S. on March 11, 2009, 12:28:00 PM

Perfect example of the rough edge.

IBARider

Quote from: trück on March 11, 2009, 12:30:54 PM

Perfect example of the rough edge.

WOW!  No way I can hang with you guys.  I know the bike will do it, but I don't go beyond my comfort level. On my '02, they would hit right on that corner.  On this '08, they're hitting on the side bout 2" forward of the corner
It slid 112 feet and I had no road rash

mayor

dammmn,  you must have a big 'ol set of brass balls

:up:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Phu Cat

Our '98 Ultra's jiffy stand drags before the floor board.

Hope you weren't plannin on doin' 100 AND scraping the floor boards at the same times, Sam.  Are you left handed by chance?  I have scrapped both floor boards, but the left is easier for me and I'm right handed.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

tomcat-flstf

that's called a custom taper .you can only taper your floorboards to your bike and riding style. :up: :up: :up:

CraigArizona85248

Rider:  "Hey.  How you doin'?  Let me show you some cool riding..."

Rider:  "WTF!?"  :sink:

Rider:  "DOH!"
Photographer: "Squid."  :dgust: :crook:

CraigArizona85248

And another... SAME CORNER!   Hmmmm... both bikes are RKCs... manufactures defect?

sempervee

Quote from: IBARider on March 11, 2009, 08:14:43 AM
'08 flhtc, stock height.  I scraped both floor boards this morning doing 55 on a straight stretch of highway.  Obviously I wasn't going straight.  I've been trying to slow down and am so bored, I've got to do something. 

*Thats when I knew I grew out of "Cruiser" MC's and had to get a "R E A L" motorcycle!!! 

Sonny S.

Quote from: sempervee on March 11, 2009, 06:10:35 PM

*Thats when I knew I grew out of "Cruiser" MC's and had to get a "R E A L" motorcycle!!! 

Congrats on your new Sportster   :up:

CraigArizona85248

HAHAHA!  Ah... the old "real" motorcycle debate.  I'll give you this much... trying to ride like that on a touring bike is sort of like bringing a knife to a gun fight.  I rode "real" motorcycles for years.  I like my "unreal" one better now.  

Greaseball

Quote from: Sonny S. on March 11, 2009, 06:12:59 PM

Congrats on your new Sportster   :up:

An 883, too!!  Sweet.....what color is it and what type of oil are you running?  :tea:

Sonny S.

Quote from: CraigArizona85248 on March 11, 2009, 06:16:01 PM

HAHAHA!  Ah... the old "real" motorcycle debate.  I'll give you this much... trying to ride like that on a touring bike is sort of like bringing a knife to a gun fight.  I rode "real" motorcycles for years.  I like my "unreal" one better now.  

If ya'll can't handle it .... don't blame the bike....
It's just that some people are better with knives than others....  :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99KKx7cB-Ok&feature=related

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: Sonny S. on March 11, 2009, 06:32:05 PM
If ya'll can't handle it .... don't blame the bike....
It's just that some people are better with knives than others....  :wink:

Now that is the God's honest truth.  The vast majority of riders don't practice there skills enough to get the most out of their bike, no matter what they ride.  But you gotta admit ... most people would be better off taking a gun to a gun fight and leave the knife at home.   :teeth:

-Craig

Sonny S.

willymax4

March 11, 2009, 06:49:36 PM #24 Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:14:10 PM by willymax4
i ride an XL1200C and a FLhTCU and i would not want to drag the boards or pegs of either bike. i just don't feel comfortable pushing either bike to it's limits.
i suppose it comes with getting older but i figure it takes too long to heal up  trying to prove something that ain't important anymore.
i've had my share of road rash and busted bones, but that's behind me now.
i'll keep both wheels under me and all my my hide where it belongs ,thank you very much.
RIDE LIKE HELL AND YOU'LL PROBABLY WIND UP THERE