May 05, 2024, 02:48:42 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Are they serious?

Started by truck, March 18, 2009, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truck

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Ape_do

LOL! I just got that email from them :hyst:

HroadhogD1

Yea, they are serious.  I don't think they will be around very long though.  Then someone else can buy the name and make them.

June2017

That first shirt can be had at WalMart for $11.97.  Those idiots are selling it for $97.99 :wtf:

Those are the kind of companies I like to see fail.   :wink:

tdkkart

Wanna laugh even harder, take a look at this:
http://indiantwincities.com/new_vehicle_inventory.asp

$32K minimum buyin??? BIG :wtf:

Any one that buys one is a fool, just like buying a ticket on :sink:

96flhpi

Quote from: tdkkart on March 18, 2009, 05:05:16 PM
Wanna laugh even harder, take a look at this:
http://indiantwincities.com/new_vehicle_inventory.asp

$32K minimum buyin??? BIG :wtf:

Any one that buys one is a fool, just like buying a ticket on :sink:

So they're based on the touring frame now instead of the softail?  Used to think they were good looking, even though I wouldn't get one personally but those are kinda funny looking.

calif phil

I checked out the bikes in Daytona. I thought they were well made and good looking machines. I hope they do make a go of it. We need all the USA manufacturing we can get. 

jimrookie

Seems like a lot of money for an unestablished Bike

Glenn W

Quote from: calif phil on March 18, 2009, 07:17:38 PM
I checked out the bikes in Daytona. I thought they were well made and good looking machines. I hope they do make a go of it. We need all the USA manufacturing we can get. 
Well said, Phil.
"Give your bike a Woody" www.woodysfairings.com

autoworker

They've been tokin on that peace pipe a bit too much.  :smilep:
It must be true,I read it on the internet.

mayor

....I don't see the issue.  HD has been over charging for their clothing and trinkets for years.   :potstir:  as far as the price of their bikes, well they need to make as much as they can in a short period of time since they won't be around long.   :wink:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

stro1965

I agree with some others, I hope they make it.  More competition can't be a bad thing.  Most people didn't give Victory much of a chance either and they're still plugging away.

FLH

I'd like to see them build an Indian 4 type of motorcycle. Who needs another V Twin mfg. at this point. And the prices!!! These things were never meant for the typical biker, and they'll even tell you so. They're aimed at the stuffy elitist wannabes.  I'm thinking that by the way they're already marking down the overpriced clothes, they're gettin a taste of the real world out there right now. And I wish they would quit sayin they're a 100 year old MC company.

But they do look nice.  :beer:

PoorUB

Quote from: FLH on March 19, 2009, 04:44:39 AM
I'd like to see them build an Indian 4 type of motorcycle. Who needs another V Twin mfg. at this point. And the prices!!!

I'm with you there. The driveline is pretty much a HD knock off. I wish they would do something of their own. I don't have a problem with the v-twin, but it is all HD aftermarket parts. At least when Victory came into existance they did not use parts out of the V-Twin catalog!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

zj1182

The Twin Cities Indian link TDKKART posted...the logo in the UL corner says "established 1901" and "genuine parts".  Seems to me that's stretching things a little, LOL!  Someone bought the name (again) but not the history and continuity of design and production.

zj

CraigArizona85248

After seeing the new Indians first hand, I'm not as down on them as I was when I first heard the idea.  They appear to be superior to the H-D CVO models in my eyes.  The chrome is better, the paint isn't as gawdy and the drive train is superior (a big-inch Evo design with a Baker transmission).  When I compare the price to a H-D CVO they are still higher but not by that much.  Would I buy one?  No way.  I'm not into that kind of bike.  But then H-D doesn't build anything I'd buy anymore either.  I like low-tech, simple motorcycles so I'm stuck with my old bikes.

The link in Truck's original post really had me laughing.  But then again, it's nothing new.  H-D does the same thing.  T-shirts for $35 that should cost $10.  Polo shirts, sweaters, pants, boots... all over priced.

I'm not writing Indian off just yet.  I saw them pushing new Indians out to the show room at Chester's in Mesa Arizona on Sunday.  They must be selling some if they are pushing new ones out on the floor and the floor doesn't seem any more full then 3 weeks ago.

-Craig

seattledyna

some of their clothing really isnt that bad looking ( to pricey though), alot of it looks like it should be in an Eddie Bauer catalog, its kinda nice to see colors other than black though, as for the bikes they are not that bad either if yer into that kind of look...way overpriced though!

I have a customer bringing me parts today off a Gilroy Indian Chief for complete paint, he has had lots of trouble with that bike and is trying to get the bugs all worked out so he can enjoy the thing.

Shadowdog

Howdy,

You get what you pay for, so bend over and enjoy the ride!

Best,

Shadowdog
:pop: :hyst:
Best to all,

Shadowdog  Smoke um till the wheels fall off!

nc-renegade

Maybe they will apply for some Stimulus Package dollars... better use of the money than some of those clowns/criminals getting it now.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

takwolf

I hope they make it. If I could afford one, I'd seriously think about one.
"RIDE WITH THE WIND"

apendejo

I'm thinking I could put together enough Indian parts from J&P and a couple of other sources to build my own version for less than half of what one of the new ones go for.
A few years ago my company did a lot of the certification testing for the 1st reincarnation and I ended up promoting quite a few parts from them. I already got me some tins, a frame, electronicals and bunches of hardware. :wink:
AP

seattledyna

Here are the Gilroy Indian Chief parts that came in today, going to go for all black

The tanks are just aftermarket HD softail, and not very good ones at that! tabs are broken and or bent, the fenders need lots of attention to fix cracks, brackets etc., those things are HEAVY :smileo:

codyshop

We need all the USA manufacturing we can get. 

Agreed, but they are a foreign-owned company (Stelican, Ltd. :  UK).  No different than US built Hyundais, Toyotas, Nissans, etc.  Ray

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: codyshop on March 19, 2009, 06:30:59 PM

Agreed, but they are a foreign-owned company (Stelican, Ltd. :  UK).  No different than US built Hyundais, Toyotas, Nissans, etc.  Ray

But they are employing workers here state side.  It's good to have the manufacturing jobs.  Even if they are low volumn and only have a small number of employees.

-Craig

codyshop

Quote from: CraigArizona85248 on March 19, 2009, 09:25:42 PM
Quote from: codyshop on March 19, 2009, 06:30:59 PM

But they are employing workers here state side.  It's good to have the manufacturing jobs.  Even if they are low volumn and only have a small number of employees.

-Craig

I agree that we need more manufacturing jobs.  I was just pointing out that Indian Motorcycle Company, Inc. version 4.0 is not an American company.  Ray