April 27, 2024, 03:19:15 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Baker comp almost ready for shipping.

Started by Soft 02, January 07, 2015, 01:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

Quote from: hrdtail78 on January 09, 2015, 08:10:37 AM
What protection did they put into the ECM?
FBW blade opening rate or some crap like that. You'd know better.
Ron

gabbyduffy

interesting, it looks like the oil will go inside via the holes when the comp. stops moving. once started the oils looks like it will be trapped inside the comp. with the ramps.....  :scratch: Im I looking at this correctly?
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

gabbyduffy

Or does it look like they sealed out the oil?....... hard to tell from the pictures.
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

hrdtail78

Quote from: rbabos on January 09, 2015, 10:36:25 AM
Ron

I hear about torque management.  I haven't seen it work with any data I log.  I have lost bottom end tq with maxing out the blade table.  What is it limiting to and why isn't it going nuts when I am tuning a bike putting out 125 tq with a cal sucked out of a bike with Vision that was made for a stock 103 and it's torque out put? 
Semper Fi

No Cents

Quote from: Soft 02 on January 09, 2015, 09:31:13 AM
The Baker comp will be right around $400. If there is a demand for a different tooth count im sure they will make it.
I called Baker Drivetrain today and talked to them about this new comp replacement they will have out soon.
A guy in sales told me that they have them in the field being tested and none were for sale at this time. Whoever it was that I talked to said they should be ready to go in the next 30 days and they would have it at the upcoming Expo for all to see.
He quoted me a price of $399.00 for the unit and said he would take a credit card number on hold from me and send me one as soon as they are ready to go...then charge my card at shipping time. I told him I would call him back after I see some positive reviews on it.
He said to date with their testing and those that they have out in the field testing them...that they have heard nothing but positive feedback so far. He said this is the fix for the HD comp woes. I hope he is right.

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

wholehog

just one more reason I'm glad to have an 04

rbabos

Quote from: hrdtail78 on January 09, 2015, 12:57:49 PM
Ron

I hear about torque management.  I haven't seen it work with any data I log.  I have lost bottom end tq with maxing out the blade table.  What is it limiting to and why isn't it going nuts when I am tuning a bike putting out 125 tq with a cal sucked out of a bike with Vision that was made for a stock 103 and it's torque out put?
I've only read about Jason. Don't know how or if it works in the stock calibration. Could only be MoCo hype because if tuners don't see it, not sure how realistic it is? :nix: Logically it should be a limiter on how fast the throttle plate opens, related to kpa. I'm not a tuner, only pretend to be one on the forum. :hyst:

Ron

kink04fxd

2000 FLHTCI (now carb)<br />1982 FLH

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

C-Cat

I wonder what type of primary fluid they're testing with?
124ci. 07 Streetbob 161/145
110ci. '11 Roadglide  129/127

hrdtail78

Quote from: rbabos on January 09, 2015, 04:05:04 PM
Quote from: hrdtail78 on January 09, 2015, 12:57:49 PM
Ron

I've only read about Jason. Don't know how or if it works in the stock calibration. Could only be MoCo hype because if tuners don't see it, not sure how realistic it is? :nix: Logically it should be a limiter on how fast the throttle plate opens, related to kpa. I'm not a tuner, only pretend to be one on the forum. :hyst:

Ron

That is why I asked the question.  What protection is built into the ECM?  Was hoping somebody could explain it to me.
Semper Fi

Karl H.

This is how throttle blade opening is limited in neutral and gears 1, 2, 3:

Dyna Wide Glide '03, Softail Deluxe '13, Street Glide '14, Sportster 883R '15

rbferg

hrdtail78

Quote from: Karl H. on January 11, 2015, 01:31:14 AM

Maxing out these tables can hurt acceleration.   Slowing down the throttle blade can help air speed during the transition to WOT.

Semper Fi

MarcV125

Quote from: No Cents on January 09, 2015, 02:26:02 PM
The Baker comp will be right around $400. If there is a demand for a different tooth count im sure they will make it.
I called Baker Drivetrain today and talked to them about this new comp replacement they will have out soon.
A guy in sales told me that they have them in the field being tested and none were for sale at this time. Whoever it was that I talked to said they should be ready to go in the next 30 days and they would have it at the upcoming Expo for all to see.
He quoted me a price of $399.00 for the unit and said he would take a credit card number on hold from me and send me one as soon as they are ready to go...then charge my card at shipping time. I told him I would call him back after I see some positive reviews on it.
He said to date with their testing and those that they have out in the field testing them...that they have heard nothing but positive feedback so far. He said this is the fix for the HD comp woes. I hope he is right.

Ray

i am going to give a call to Baker tomm and put my name on the list..I'de rather be a guinea pig for Baker than Harley. I have already been through 3 SE Comps in 50k and my 4th is on the fritz and has been for the past 5 months. I have 100 times more faith in the Baker products than i do with Harley....I know Baker has done their homework with this one..
Mark anyway you can expedite my comp :)

marc v
Hillside 117....Yup!!

07heri

Quote from: chico on January 09, 2015, 05:00:08 AM
Im one of the people that has not had a problem with the very first comp update.  :pop:
But then again im not one that tries to make a race bike out of a freight train, just enough to make me happy.

I agree.  It always amazes how folks on forums come up with some of these so-called problems.  Can't begin to imagine how many don't have problems...but start reading a forum and the sky just has to be falling.  The aftermarket folks love forums like this.  A few folks have a problem and all of a sudden the after market folks come out with something new...charge 3x as much...then their stuff doesn't measure up.  It's a cycle of never ending cash flowing from one pocket to the next.  I love reading the forum but it's always a simple few, as compared to the REAL number of Harley's on the street, that stir the "sky is falling pot". 

As someone else mentioned...the primary chain adjuster from these folks isn't the greatest...yet a new comp....everyone gets a woody. 

It's all a never ending money pit and the aftermarket knows this.  Geez,  if HD can put out crap and still sell it...why shouldn't the aftermarket jump on the bandwagon and take everyones money.

40K on a stock 07 compensator and not a peep out of it yet. 
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

07heri

Quote from: rbabos on January 09, 2015, 05:30:16 AM
Quote from: Reddog74usa on January 09, 2015, 05:05:47 AM
I had an EVO making 140 HP and never had an issue with the old style comp. It handeled the power with no issues so I could never understand why they felt the need to reinvent it. In fact I had posted a question here on HTT about this and was told the reason for the redesign was because the earlier comp was harder on the crank so they had to do something to address the crank failures. Ok they tried it, it doesn't work, so why not go back to the tried n true 99-02 cranks with timkens and the older version comp??? :nix: It's great to see Baker addressing this and coming out with what looks like a decent fix. I just hope it does't bring the issues back to the cranks all over again. :pop:
Most certainly did drop the amount of shifted cranks going from the early 07 comp to the new SE's.

And you know this as a fact?  Prove it!
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

FSG

Quote40K on a stock 07 compensator and not a peep out of it yet.

have you ever looked at it out of curiosity to see how the spring bucket is going?

Teardrop

Quote from: Karl H. on January 11, 2015, 01:31:14 AM

I think this is what you are referring to. See attachment..
2010 Ultra Classic

7hogs

FSG

Ohio HD

Quote from: FSG on January 12, 2015, 01:22:20 PM

Uhhh, FSG, it's only Monday here.....     :teeth:

By the way, PM me the winning lottery numbers, I'll split it with you.    :smiled:

bensfatboy

Quote from: cherryseeg2 on January 07, 2015, 03:15:36 PM
Anyone know if they will have different tooth counts available for changing gear ratios?

A sales guy at Baker today told me 34 tooth.

MarcV125

placed my order today bright and early with Mark.. it was perfect timing as i had my primary apart already almost ready to order another se unit..hopefully this will be it for a while

marc
Hillside 117....Yup!!

bensfatboy

Quote from: No Cents on January 09, 2015, 02:26:02 PM

I talked to a guy at Baker today and after I got off the phone couldn't remember if he said $299.00 or $399.00. I was mainly interested in finding out how test results were and where I could find reviews. I will take your word for it as the $399.00.  Isn't the latest and greatest SE Comp $299.00??  If so, I would have thought Baker's price for theirs would be in line with the SE.

Ray