April 27, 2024, 11:41:17 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Speakers, Amp and Rings are in....

Started by Blowby, January 07, 2015, 03:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdrolling

Careful, more polyfill is not always better.
2010 FLHX 120R, Tman 662-2,Boarzilla, S&S lifters, AV&V springs,10.8:1

Blowby

I only had 2 thin layers and rode with it for a bit, now trying 3 layers to see if any improvement is to be had.
'03 EG 100 yr, FM 98", Level B heads, TW-555-6R
FM/AIM clutch, PCV, 104hp/118t

joebags

so were you and UN able to resolve the popping issue

Blowby

You know I completely forgot about it. I'm out having an iced tea with the wife so I'll check when we get back on the bike.

Blowby

Yep, still pops when I turn the ignition off. Putting in a new HU tomorrow so maybe this will go away. I'm using RCA with the new 5v output so this might affect the power down on the speakers.

Blowby

Biketronics BT1005x and their Sony MEX-GS810BH stereo is in. No more popping when ignition is turned to the off position. I first tested it with the high level connection I was using on the OEM stereo. No pop so I switched over to low level and still good to go.  Just need to pick up some short RCA cables and the fairing goes back on.

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

Quote from: Blowby on April 05, 2015, 05:39:27 PM
Yep, still pops when I turn the ignition off. Putting in a new HU tomorrow so maybe this will go away. I'm using RCA with the new 5v output so this might affect the power down on the speakers.

I use a adjustable (thru software) 0-5 volt preamp out JVC KD-A95BT head unit also. Not for my bike but for my boat. Very nice option for anyone seeking more and louder sound!!

If yours is anything like mine this pre amp gain does not work when using the Am/FM radio. it only works with CD/USB/AUX.
I guess the possibility of static reeking havoc with the speakers they don't allow the broadcast selection to be amplified by the software....
Member since 2004