April 27, 2024, 10:17:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

In Typical Fashion

Started by UltraNutZ, January 21, 2015, 06:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltraNutZ

January 21, 2015, 06:50:34 AM Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 06:59:51 AM by UltraNutZ
beware

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

FLORIDAPOOLBOY

UltraNutZ

I've made it no secret to anyone in the past years about my dealings with Ed @ CS.

Just a heads up is all that the same amp that he now has his logo on sells elsewhere by the Original Manufacturer for $100 cheaper.

FLORIDAPOOLBOY

Now I get it...... must be nice getting $100 for nothing!

UltraNutZ

well it did cost him about .34 to have that logo put on there and to update his website to say Brand: Cycle SoundsĀ®

haze324

checked out the site.  Man it's got the exact same name of the amp on it.....the logo looks like a photoshop though.

scooterroid

I posted this info in another forum, I believe:

The CS amp, NVX amp and Memphis Audio amp all appear to be the same amp. As far as Ed, well, um...

Scoots

UltraNutZ

Quote from: scooterroid on January 21, 2015, 07:55:01 AM
I posted this info in another forum, I believe:

The CS amp, NVX amp and Memphis Audio amp all appear to be the same amp. As far as Ed, well, um...

Scoots
:up:

ALUCARD19

Nutz if you look that amp up on amazon sonic electronix is selling it for $199.99 with free shipping.
What's up with that.
"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

AAWAV

emailed them yesterday - no response.
called today, spoke with a Bill?????
asked if the amp was designed, etc by them.... Yes.... uuuuhhmmmm.... joint venture.... they tweak the amp to our specific needs.... frequency response, etc.
I played the rookie, ignorant dude and used my OL as excuse to think about it LOL.
is it plug and play.... yes, it is (uhum!!!!! not really we all know that!)
frequency adjustments, my A.....

STAY AWAY from these clowns is my advise
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

Gannicus

What did he say about the $100 dollar mark up?  Must be to recoup the 34 cent CS label.  :wtf:

vhmike73

Remember, this is the same outfit that charges from $13.39 (UPS Ground) to $96.94 (UPS Next Day Early AM) to ship a couple pieces of hydrophobic cloth from MO to NY. I'm shocked the markup is ONLY $100!!

Makdaddy

Nutz

How does that little bugger perform?  any ideas?
2010 Ultra

UltraNutZ

AAWAV tested it last weekend and it didn't fare too well.  I feel there are better options out there for the money.  The upside to it is it doesn't appear to cause any FM issues..

FLORIDAPOOLBOY

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 23, 2015, 08:33:20 AM
AAWAV tested it last weekend and it didn't fare too well.  I feel there are better options out there for the money.  The upside to it is it doesn't appear to cause any FM issues..

According to AAWAV the amp beat the manufacturers rated power output at both 2 ohms and 4 ohms, so as far as that goes it did good!  Sure there are better out there for the money, but this amps claim to fame appears to be the small size.  If someone needed that small of an amp at least they now know it will put out what it should, but without the size constraint why bother when there are more powerful amps for less money.

UltraNutZ

hmm.. did I read the wrong information?

Gannicus

Nope!

This is above Claimed RMS power - but under a not to be mentioned online Vendor that certified the unit to be higher (keep in mind they use 3000 usd equipment - I use a 150 dollar O scope and high power resistors)

UltraNutZ

January 23, 2015, 09:40:21 AM #17 Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:11:47 AM by UltraNutZ
yeah they're getting their use out of that SMD AD-1 (AmpDyno).  Nice piece of equipment for sure but there are plenty of concerns out there about it's accuracy and consistency but to be honest, I'd take a wild guess that a lot of the folks who complain about it's accuracy are not Rockford Fosgate fans since that's where Steve Meade came from.  Either that or they don't care for Steve himself.  Never met the man but my understanding is he ranks right up there with Yaffee for his piss-poor people skills.

AAWAV

107W@2ohm - 62W@4ohm is what I measured...
RZ4 / 4.520  outperforms the little bugger easily for less money. FM potential issue though with those as we all know.
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

Makdaddy

You guys keep mentioning FM issues
has anyone tried to use an RF shield lined in side the amp cover?
2010 Ultra

Gannicus

We have pretty much tried it all. . . Please clarify your solution Sir.   Are we talking about taking the amp apart??

UltraNutZ

I've gone as far as wrapping an amp completely in foil, copper, and lead sheets.  No resolve.  I gave up on it a long time ago.

Coyote

I wonder if the issue is conducted emissions rather than radiated. Have any of you tried taking the positive and negative cables a few loops through a large ferrite bead and then to the battery? It's a lot easier to conduct 200khz than radiate it.

UltraNutZ

yes sir.  been there done that.  no effect on the FM interference.  Basically what it boils down to is the quality of the switching transistors used in the power supplies.  Biketronics was able to finally isolate the issues sometime last year and are using a higher quality component therefore their Class D amps don't interfere.

Makdaddy

Surprised the ground loop ferrite didnt work.

I worked with RF Shielding for amplifiers in the Cable Tv Buisness years ago.
Kinda sounded like that may have been the issue (radiant signal)

And while tin foil may sound like a good reflector, It reallly isnt for strong signals.
Did anyone unplug the Amp feeds (Outputs) or the Rca Inputs to see if the said interference went away?

just curious

2010 Ultra