May 09, 2024, 02:54:18 AM

News:

TTS100 CAM Data Measurements

Started by Coyote, March 22, 2015, 10:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don D

How do you like that, nice job Max

FLTRI

Looks like an improved SE255? Which is what the results show, right?
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

HV

HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: FLTRI on March 22, 2015, 11:04:12 AM
Bob

If you are taking about the simulation, no, If you are talking about the specs then yes.. I do think Cole did a good job going after the LET cams.. The 255, 48, 551, 583..   

FLTRI

Quote from: Max Headflow on March 22, 2015, 02:19:00 PM
Bob

If you are taking about the simulation, no, If you are talking about the specs then yes.. I do think Cole did a good job going after the LET cams.. The 255, 48, 551, 583..
Makes sense considering 95% of everyone who rides a Bagger likes LET and only use the right side of the graph for forum and bar bragging.
Bob

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: FLTRI on March 22, 2015, 03:05:10 PM
Quote from: Max Headflow on March 22, 2015, 02:19:00 PM
Bob

Makes sense considering 95% of everyone who rides a Bagger likes LET and only use the right side of the graph for forum and bar bragging.
Bob

I guess someone always needs to brag about one end or the other..  :wink:

glens

Quote from: No Cents on March 22, 2015, 03:31:11 PM
I'm in the other 5%   :embarrassed:

That's only out in the general public.  On this site you're evidently part of 95%.

:)

Sunny Jim

Clearly there is no end to bragging. Good job Ol'boy!

NHBagger

So now that the TTS-100 specs are published, I would like to hear opinions from the dyno guys as to how it stacks up as a Trike cam.

BVHOG

So why didn't he just make it simpler and publish the cam specs? Just another bolt in stick among the dozen others or so in that category. I'm sure it works fine in it's intended application, just like the 255
I'm just scared to use them for the possibility it may lock up your cam chest from all other manufacturers and not let you put another cam in it unless you install the stock ones again first.  :teeth:
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

sfmichael

Quote from: BVHOG on March 23, 2015, 06:44:16 AM
So why didn't he just make it simpler and publish the cam specs? Just another bolt in stick among the dozen others or so in that category. I'm sure it works fine in it's intended application, just like the 255
I'm just scared to use them for the possibility it may lock up your cam chest from all other manufacturers and not let you put another cam in it unless you install the stock ones again first.  :teeth:

:up:   :teeth:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Admiral Akbar

It's funny but Steve was saying you couldn't read the specs off the cam at the Expo.. I was going to post the picture of the figure alignment and say he was correct, I couldn't even find any bumps on the cam..  :wink:

Anyone notice anything odd about the cam timing measured front to back? 

hrdtail78

March 23, 2015, 07:35:36 AM #14 Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:56:52 AM by hrdtail78
So why didn't he just make it simpler and publish the cam specs?

Because you can't buY this type of coverage.  You have the mods posting cam specs.  Sure, you have the haters that will say their funny little comments.  You will have the guys stating how the cam isn't for them.  In reality, 5% of the people just on this site is about 900 people.  Go down to 1% and that's about 180 people.  Sell 100 cams on this site, while not doing or paying for any advertisement.  That's about $7500.  Besides the cam he sold to get tested.  Looks like as much of a win/ win as Steve can get from this site. 

:up:
Semper Fi

Don D

Anyone notice anything odd about the cam timing measured front to back

Why would the designer do that on the rear exhaust?

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: HD Street Performance on March 23, 2015, 07:46:58 AM
Anyone notice anything odd about the cam timing measured front to back

Why would the designer do that on the rear exhaust?

The part of answer is he didn't do it to the rear.. He did it to the front..

FLTRI

Quote from: hrdtail78 on March 23, 2015, 07:35:36 AM
So why didn't he just make it simpler and publish the cam specs?

Because you can't buY this type of coverage.  You have the mods posting cam specs.  Sure, you have the haters that will say their funny little comments.  You will have the guys stating how the cam isn't for them.  In reality, 5% of the people just on this site is about 900 people.  Go down to 1% and that's about 180 people.  Sell 100 cams on this site, while not doing or paying for any advertisement.  That's about $7500.  Besides the cam he sold to get tested.  Looks like as much of a win/ win as Steve can get from this site. 

:up:
My dad used to say "stupid like a fox" when referring to this sort of marketing.
Bob

TorQuePimp

Well at the very least

Steve actually designed the cam

Probably tested at least half a dozen others to get there

Did the work himself (as opposed to just slapping TTS on it )

And it works as advertised

Well done

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: TorQueInc on March 23, 2015, 12:35:29 PM
  Well at the very least

Steve actually designed the cam

Probably tested at least half a dozen others to get there

Did the work himself (as opposed to just slapping TTS on it )

And it works as advertised

Well done

I agree..

Steve explained to me how he went about designing and testing the dam.. Damned good methodology.. If I wanted a limp wanker cam I'd pick his.

Don D

They certainly would be a good substitution for the se255 if valve noise reduction was the plan. The ramps look a bit more calm. When I get the time I want to plot the csv files.

Don D

Admiral Akbar

FWIW

Don's plot shows the strangeness in the cam.. I fought with this for a while since I wasn't sure what was off, the way I setting the tester up or were the cams screwed?   Ended up being a little of both..

Anyway if you look at front and back cams of the same model, you'll find that the Stock 07 and the TTS have both front cams advanced about 1 degree and the SE cam is real close front to rear.. The reason for advancing the front cam, is due to the design in the motor and where they placed the chain dots.. With the sprocket having the timing mark dead center of the tooth means that all the teeth be lined up perfectly. Unfortunate the don't.. There has to be a little slack and a small bit of curve for the tensioner to work with.. As result with a tensioner on only one side (not enough room for a chain guide), the cams have a little bit of a twist between each other.. The tensioner is on the slack side so the front cam is retarded.. (Retardo and Impervo are out drinking.. )    So anyway they advance the grind about a degree to take care of the chain setup.. So why was the SE cam not advanced.. My bet is that they've been doing that from day1.. No one told em any different..  I know Andrews was doing it on early cams (at least the ones going to headquarter's )..  Crane had it figured out too..

:teeth:

NHBagger

Don D

Max your time, effort, and explanations are much appreciated. When I get a minute I want to overlay the se255 just out of curiosity. To be honest I expected more than just an advanced cam, something with more curb appeal like assymetric... or inverse radius...
Who cares really if they work and offer an alternative to the se255 which can be a real noisy cam set. I still wonder if these will produce the same CCP characteristics that the se255 does. And that said what causes such a large delta from the calculated CCP?