May 01, 2024, 08:53:59 PM

News:

HV in California !

Started by HV, March 24, 2009, 10:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV

Ya we made it... long Flight to Vegas ... walked the strip Monday Evening..  Stayed at the LUXOR ...WOW what a place...Picked up the bikes this AM... rode 300 Miles today to Bakersfield ...here for the night... Great ride... a bit chilly through the montian pass but nice here in Bakersfield .. leaving tomorrow AM for the Coast... Highway 1 ... off to find a Beer and Steak .. Ill check in again if the next Motel has internet  :up:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

panjs

Safe trip and beware of watery beer :pop:

Reddog74usa

Watch the traffic as you near the coast. Have fun n ride safe Bro   :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

HroadhogD1

Have a good time.  Don't get into any trouble.  :hyst:

ULTRADOG

HV
when you going back to vegas im leaving tonite at 6 will be in vegas ay about 11 pm have to stop over in losangeles first dont know what thats all about gotta fly over vegas to get there but i will be in vegas till monday
HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

hdjax2

Maybe I'll see you somewhwere along Highway 1 on Thursday. The wife and I will be over near Bodega bay around noon tooling around. Prolly have lunch at Bodega warf. Be safe and enjoy the ride. :up:
Stuck in Lodi, Ca

truck

Quote from: HroadhogD1 on March 25, 2009, 03:20:42 AM
Have a good time.  Don't get into any trouble.  :hyst:

How the heck do you do both at the same time?
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

texaskatfish

Go HV GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We'll be watching for pics.................stay SAFE yall!
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

DenverBagger

Ahhhh ... Highway 1 in early spring ... enjoy !!

Dennis The Menace

What Truck said.  Least I havent been able to seperate fun and trouble...HV, safe travels my friend, and...PICTURES!!!

Dennis

Coyote

Make sure you spend lots of money Brian. We need the help!  :teeth:

JamLazyAss

Quote from: Coyote on March 25, 2009, 10:40:46 AM
Make sure you spend lots of money Brian. We need the help!  :teeth:

And maybe a little extra to cover the exchange rate  :hyst:
Have a great trip.
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

specialx1

wish i was there! :sink: have safe trip
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

03deuce

Have a safe trip.  If you are riding route 166 to the coast from Bakersfield you will go right through my area.  Anyway, it is a nice day here today, low 70's with light winds.  Tomorrow they are calling for am fog with sun and wind in the afternoon, temps in the high 60s, and sunny the next four days with temps in the low to mid 70s, maybe a little cooler on the coast.  The hills are green and the wildflowers are starting to come out, you picked a good time for your trip.  Enjoy your ride!   

Fugawee

I'm jealous.....Have a Great Time and a Safe Trip.

Panzer

March 25, 2009, 09:03:53 PM #15 Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:07:22 PM by Panzer
Ah man, you're all sucking up because HV is the chief honcho.
Brownie points everyone?
Bunch of suck sucks here. :down:

HV.......safe trip, I love you man.......XXX OOO......hugs too.
Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

specialx1

March 25, 2009, 09:12:56 PM #16 Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:14:33 AM by specialx1
whadda ya mean your the one that polishes his bike for him :pop:
Specialx1

Coyote

Panzer, Panzer, Panzer,   :pop:

76shuvlinoff

Yeah , you just wait till Dad gets home....
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Clintster

Hey the guy puts a lot of work in for this board, he should be very welcome here in the States.  HV have you tried your RS assistance list for hook-ups? Beer and steaks on the coast on rented Hogs, aint that America... Somebody on the list should be near one of your destinations !  Have a safe trip and yes photos would be nice.  Panzer off to the shed?
Drive fast, take chances

CndUltra88

Panzer, Panzer, Panzer.....
How are you at polishing chrome in the shed my man???
LOL
HV, get connected, we all wanna hear of your latest escapades !!!!
Cheers,
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

Hawg Holler

You picked a good time to be here. Weather is drop-dead gorgeous, the hills are green, no fog yet. I'll be riding south on Highway 1 from Half Moon Bay toward Santa Cruz today. Wave if you see me.
Keep on ridin
Ridin our blues away
Hawg Holler 2005 Road King Classic

FSG

QuoteWave if you see me.

I'm waving now, can you see   :hyst:

Hawg Holler

Sorry, I can't see you. Under Calif. law I'm not allowed to surf the Web while operating a motorcycle. My ride got delayed, but I'm heading that way.
Keep on ridin
Ridin our blues away

HV

We are in Monterey tonight... looking to a HD  Dealer tomorrow... Ill try to Call Keith Tonight ( between BEERS ) ... nice ride today but COLD and dayum windy... nice here in Monterey now.. ate at the Warf... got off the road at 5 PM .. Too much Traffic !!... ( took 200 Pics so far ) ...Later guys .. thank you for the good wishes... OMG California has some Fantastic Roads and Sights  :smilep:
Skype HV.HTT

Sc00ter

Quote from: HV® on March 26, 2009, 05:17:20 PM
We are in Monterey tonight... looking to a HD  Dealer tomorrow... Ill try to Call Keith Tonight ( between BEERS ) ... nice ride today but COLD and dayum windy... nice here in Monterey now.. ate at the Warf... got off the road at 5 PM .. Too much Traffic !!... ( took 200 Pics so far ) ...Later guys .. thank you for the good wishes... OMG California has some Fantastic Roads and Sights  :smilep:

Ya gotta stop in Carmel....then down to Big Sur.   :up:

drgn*95

If you have time for Big Sur (south bound Hwy 1) then you should stop at the River Inn for lunch or dinner. If headed north Hwy 1, halfway between Montery and Santa Cruz is  the power plant at Moss Landing and the Moss Landing Inn for lunch or dinner (also very biker friendly). The roads to Hollister and San Juan Baustista (Daisys Bar) are nice. It will be a good weekend for you as the weather is only to get warmer. Enjoy.........

Coyote

Talked to HV tonight. Helped them plot a route back along the Kern River and through Death Valley. That should warm them up some!  :teeth: I think after this trip, they may be back to visit California.  :wink:

Panzer

:up:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Hawg Holler

If you rode up through Big Sur you were riding against the wind all day and it was brisk. It was blowing up here south of San Francisco today, too. Still, it was nice. I rode south to Davenport and back up through the Santa Cruz mountains by Big Basin State Park and back up Skyline Boulevard to Alice's.
Keep on ridin
Ridin our blues away

Yukon

HV, I was into the shop today and their all hoping things are going good for ya. After talking to Steve and Ivan, I came out thinking Larry must be paying you guys too much! Everybodys bailing on him and taking a trip somewhere warm.LOL Anyway, enjoy it all and be glad your doing Death Valley this time of year. I did it in early August and couldn't believe the heat........Ride safe

Panzer

HV,
GOOD NEWS !!!
Your shop called, they said stay out another month.
The guy who started the fire in the service area.....well, he took your place.
THE BAD NEWS.........they gave him a raise and a dedicated 911 cell phone.

Enjoy the warmth and the "smiles". :up:

CndUltra88 ...that ought to count for something. :wink:

hdjax2

The wife and I took a little 300 miler yesterday. Rode some of my favorite part of highway 1, north of San Francisco. Point Reyes station along Tomales bay and up to Bodega bay. This is a real quiet part of the highway, very little traffic during the week. The hills are all green right now and it was just an awesome day  but a little windy in the afternoon. We stopped for a bowl of clam chowder at a little place called Nick's Cove overlooking Tomales Bay. Great food but a little spendy. Anyone that is thinking about coming out to ride Highway 1 should not miss the chance to ride it north of SF. It's like a completely different world.  Welcome to California HV, hope you have a great time.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Stuck in Lodi, Ca

Admiral Akbar

QuoteOMG California has some Fantastic Roads and Sights

Yeah but don't tell anyone.. :wink:  Max

taz95dog

home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

Panzer

taz95dog

home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

RK101

I don't think I'd count on any pics till he gets back. Riding time takes precedence over computer time even on a bad day.  :teeth:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

HV

Im Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk  ... Man that ride through the Kern River and through Death Valley was unbelievable !.. Ill post some pics later when my Jet Lag improves 

Me below on RT 1 pointing to where we are heading  :up:

Skype HV.HTT

Dennis The Menace

Quote from: HV® on April 01, 2009, 09:06:20 AM
Me below on RT 1 pointing to where we are heading  :up:

huh?...over the cliff? or did you have a jet ski? lol Glad you had a good time HV.  Guess we have to behave again now that you are back online.  lol

menace

Panzer

That's funny Dennis, good thought. :up:
Man the ride looks great.   Awwwww, man I'm yearning.

truck

Welcome back.
Not to worry.....the site was well cared for.

texaskatfish

HV welcome home bubba!

We'll be watching for your photographic travelogue.

As an aside - just how BIG is that there woodshed anyways??

MEGASNIKKERâ,,¢
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

JamLazyAss

Quote from: texaskatfish on April 01, 2009, 10:56:31 AM
HV welcome home bubba!

We'll be watching for your photographic travelogue.

As an aside - just how BIG is that there woodshed anyways??

MEGASNIKKERâ,,¢
For that answer, you might want to check with non-other than the Shed Master himself, aka PANZER  :potstir:

Panzer

Very funny :smilep:
I'll leave the honors to Specialx1, the newly appointed "master".
Go ahead Special, tell them, UB take notes.

Thanks a lot Jam  :crook:

Scurvy

While we're all waiting for HV to post some more pics, here is my favorite Old Vegas one. Me, of course, trying to remember where I parked my bike.

'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

truck

If you would have parked it behind the Clinton Market, in the shade you could probably find it.
private joke

mayor

Scurvy, did you see Freemont at night?  cool light show.   :up:

welcome back HV!
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Reddog74usa

HV, I hope they didn't ding ya to bad for the dents on the bikes when ya went on your over the cliff ride. Glad to see ya had a great time and made it back safe Bro  :beer: :up: That was a goodin Dennis  :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

HV

Im still working on a Pictorial Site of the ride... jet lag got me today... but Im coming around... I can not say enough about the ride..it was more then I had imagined for sights and also for meeting the great people ..I must say that the California People I met were fantastic and Friendly .. ( some damn good looking too  :wink: ) Had some great meals... Great riding and the smooth well kept roads were a pleasure to ride on... We met riders from Germany and Sweden going through the Death Valley and even two ladies from Spain heading up to the Grand Canyon

Dents ? no but the bugs were all over it...LOL... 1300 Miles at 90 MPH for a lot of time  :smiled:

Skype HV.HTT

Panzer

1300 Miles at 90 MPH for a lot of time??
And they put me in the shed for a lot less.
I object !!   Learned that lingo from Mr. Truck.  :hyst:

JamLazyAss

HV,
Are you sure that wasn't 90 KPH:hyst:
Looking forward to the pic's...

HV

90 MPH !!  lol

Here is a pic of the RG Speedo at 85 ....

Just before going through Death Valley

Skype HV.HTT

apendejo

Have to run 85-90 here in Cali. If you don't you will get run over.
Glad you enjoyed. Did you get to sample any of the excellent craft brews while on the coast?
AP

specialx1

i think he was being towed by the guys up front :pop:
Specialx1