May 02, 2024, 06:52:42 AM

News:

HV in California !

Started by HV, March 24, 2009, 10:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sc00ter

Quote from: HV® on March 26, 2009, 05:17:20 PM
We are in Monterey tonight... looking to a HD  Dealer tomorrow... Ill try to Call Keith Tonight ( between BEERS ) ... nice ride today but COLD and dayum windy... nice here in Monterey now.. ate at the Warf... got off the road at 5 PM .. Too much Traffic !!... ( took 200 Pics so far ) ...Later guys .. thank you for the good wishes... OMG California has some Fantastic Roads and Sights  :smilep:

Ya gotta stop in Carmel....then down to Big Sur.   :up:

drgn*95

If you have time for Big Sur (south bound Hwy 1) then you should stop at the River Inn for lunch or dinner. If headed north Hwy 1, halfway between Montery and Santa Cruz is  the power plant at Moss Landing and the Moss Landing Inn for lunch or dinner (also very biker friendly). The roads to Hollister and San Juan Baustista (Daisys Bar) are nice. It will be a good weekend for you as the weather is only to get warmer. Enjoy.........

Coyote

Talked to HV tonight. Helped them plot a route back along the Kern River and through Death Valley. That should warm them up some!  :teeth: I think after this trip, they may be back to visit California.  :wink:

Panzer

:up:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Hawg Holler

If you rode up through Big Sur you were riding against the wind all day and it was brisk. It was blowing up here south of San Francisco today, too. Still, it was nice. I rode south to Davenport and back up through the Santa Cruz mountains by Big Basin State Park and back up Skyline Boulevard to Alice's.
Keep on ridin
Ridin our blues away
Hawg Holler 2005 Road King Classic

Yukon

HV, I was into the shop today and their all hoping things are going good for ya. After talking to Steve and Ivan, I came out thinking Larry must be paying you guys too much! Everybodys bailing on him and taking a trip somewhere warm.LOL Anyway, enjoy it all and be glad your doing Death Valley this time of year. I did it in early August and couldn't believe the heat........Ride safe

Panzer

HV,
GOOD NEWS !!!
Your shop called, they said stay out another month.
The guy who started the fire in the service area.....well, he took your place.
THE BAD NEWS.........they gave him a raise and a dedicated 911 cell phone.

Enjoy the warmth and the "smiles". :up:

CndUltra88 ...that ought to count for something. :wink:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

hdjax2

The wife and I took a little 300 miler yesterday. Rode some of my favorite part of highway 1, north of San Francisco. Point Reyes station along Tomales bay and up to Bodega bay. This is a real quiet part of the highway, very little traffic during the week. The hills are all green right now and it was just an awesome day  but a little windy in the afternoon. We stopped for a bowl of clam chowder at a little place called Nick's Cove overlooking Tomales Bay. Great food but a little spendy. Anyone that is thinking about coming out to ride Highway 1 should not miss the chance to ride it north of SF. It's like a completely different world.  Welcome to California HV, hope you have a great time.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Stuck in Lodi, Ca

Admiral Akbar

QuoteOMG California has some Fantastic Roads and Sights

Yeah but don't tell anyone.. :wink:  Max

taz95dog

home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

Panzer

taz95dog

home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

RK101

I don't think I'd count on any pics till he gets back. Riding time takes precedence over computer time even on a bad day.  :teeth:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

HV

Im Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk  ... Man that ride through the Kern River and through Death Valley was unbelievable !.. Ill post some pics later when my Jet Lag improves 

Me below on RT 1 pointing to where we are heading  :up:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Dennis The Menace

Quote from: HV® on April 01, 2009, 09:06:20 AM
Me below on RT 1 pointing to where we are heading  :up:

huh?...over the cliff? or did you have a jet ski? lol Glad you had a good time HV.  Guess we have to behave again now that you are back online.  lol

menace

Panzer

That's funny Dennis, good thought. :up:
Man the ride looks great.   Awwwww, man I'm yearning.

truck

Welcome back.
Not to worry.....the site was well cared for.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

texaskatfish

HV welcome home bubba!

We'll be watching for your photographic travelogue.

As an aside - just how BIG is that there woodshed anyways??

MEGASNIKKERâ,,¢
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

JamLazyAss

Quote from: texaskatfish on April 01, 2009, 10:56:31 AM
HV welcome home bubba!

We'll be watching for your photographic travelogue.

As an aside - just how BIG is that there woodshed anyways??

MEGASNIKKERâ,,¢
For that answer, you might want to check with non-other than the Shed Master himself, aka PANZER  :potstir:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Panzer

Very funny :smilep:
I'll leave the honors to Specialx1, the newly appointed "master".
Go ahead Special, tell them, UB take notes.

Thanks a lot Jam  :crook:

Scurvy

While we're all waiting for HV to post some more pics, here is my favorite Old Vegas one. Me, of course, trying to remember where I parked my bike.

'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

truck

If you would have parked it behind the Clinton Market, in the shade you could probably find it.
private joke
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

mayor

Scurvy, did you see Freemont at night?  cool light show.   :up:

welcome back HV!
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Reddog74usa

HV, I hope they didn't ding ya to bad for the dents on the bikes when ya went on your over the cliff ride. Glad to see ya had a great time and made it back safe Bro  :beer: :up: That was a goodin Dennis  :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

HV

Im still working on a Pictorial Site of the ride... jet lag got me today... but Im coming around... I can not say enough about the ride..it was more then I had imagined for sights and also for meeting the great people ..I must say that the California People I met were fantastic and Friendly .. ( some damn good looking too  :wink: ) Had some great meals... Great riding and the smooth well kept roads were a pleasure to ride on... We met riders from Germany and Sweden going through the Death Valley and even two ladies from Spain heading up to the Grand Canyon

Dents ? no but the bugs were all over it...LOL... 1300 Miles at 90 MPH for a lot of time  :smiled:

HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT