April 27, 2024, 04:22:29 AM

News:

powercommander or fuel pack?

Started by bobrk1, May 15, 2015, 04:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrk1

thinking to do something to get it running better, which do you suggest? also how do you set these up do you get a download from the manufacturer or is it trial and error?

joe_lyons

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Just Nick

Tts master tune, power vision, screin eagle super pro tuner , techno research direct link. All are great tuning modules. You will need a good tuner (as in person operating the dyno).
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

aswracing

What they said.

Piggy-back tuners are not the way to go. Get a good flash tuner. For DIY tuning, it's hard to beat the Powervision.

harleytuner

I agree with the others but given the 2 choices you listed the Power Commander is the better option.  BUt it pales in comparison to what the other ones mentioned can do.

hrdtail78

It's May.  Dyno Jet target tune will be out any day.  All you have to do is plug it in and it will do everything for you.  I'd wait. :dgust:
Semper Fi

joe_lyons

I do have to say that the FP3 is probably a step above the PCV but it only works with can bus bikes.

harleytuner

Quote from: joe_lyons on May 20, 2015, 01:24:14 PM
I do have to say that the FP3 is probably a step above the PCV but it only works with can bus bikes.

You're right Joe, everytime I hear Fuel Pack I automatically think of the old type.  lol.  I actually just tuned the FP3 a couple weeks ago, it turned out OK but what a PITA to use.

joe_lyons

I asked them if they were going to come out with a windows based program for it and I received a simple "No" followed by "We are happy with the way it is.". I replied "but I'm not".

hrdtail78

Quote from: joe_lyons on May 20, 2015, 02:21:37 PM
I asked them if they were going to come out with a windows based program for it and I received a simple "No" followed by "We are happy with the way it is.". I replied "but I'm not".

I feel the same about the Vision.  Might be the cat's butt for DIY guys but very cumbersome on a dyno.  The screen is the big selling point and it means nothing to me.
Semper Fi

joe_lyons

I agree about the green screen.  I do wish that could be displayed on the computer but compared to ability of tuning the PV is a hands down better choice than the PCV or fuel pack 1, 2, or 3.

harleytuner

Quote from: joe_lyons on May 20, 2015, 03:02:25 PM
I agree about the green screen.  I do wish that could be displayed on the computer but compared to ability of tuning the PV is a hands down better choice than the PCV or fuel pack 1, 2, or 3.

It can be you just need winpep8. Green screen doesn't bother me, I've never used it lol

hrdtail78

Quote from: harleytuner on May 20, 2015, 03:41:34 PM
It can be you just need winpep8. Green screen doesn't bother me, I've never used it lol

Sounds like the best thing about win8.
Semper Fi

HV

I too did a bike with a FP3 last week....hands above a old FP .and by far better then a Powercommander.....but not even in the same universe as a PV ...yes the FP3 works...but a real PITA to try edit /blend the VEs etc...untill they get a Windows viewable add on or version its stuck in FP3 land
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

aswracing

Quote from: HV on May 21, 2015, 04:01:41 AM
I too did a bike with a FP3 last week....hands above a old FP .and by far better then a Powercommander.....but not even in the same universe as a PV ...yes the FP3 works...but a real PITA to try edit /blend the VEs etc...untill they get a Windows viewable add on or version its stuck in FP3 land

Egg zactly.

I wanted to like the FP3. And it's better than a piggy back for sure. But it's no PV.

Raleigh111

I have a pcv with auto tune and it will just cut out sometimes for a split second under hard acceleration? Never had that happen with tts!
BTW anyone interested in a pcv with autotune?
Harleys are addicting and im out of money. Accepting donations! 120 132hp 146tq