May 08, 2024, 04:24:59 PM

News:

Scatter Plots for Beginners

Started by whittlebeast, August 05, 2015, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboprop

Quote from: glens on September 08, 2015, 11:45:30 PM
We already know how broadband sensor systems "really work" so no need to get that "talk" reported on...

So you know everything about WB sensors and there is nothing else to learn?
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Steve Cole

Not speak for Glens

There is always plenty to be learned BUT there are things that you or I cannot change as well. The Bosch LSU4.x sensor has limits and there is not a damn thing you or I can do about it and the marketing types have tried to twist that around 10 ways from Sunday! "How it really works" is pure BS marketing hype, basic function of the sensor itself cannot be changed and that is well spelled out by Bosch. MegaSquirt doesn't hold a candle to Bosch and no one needs to learn that from anyone other than reading the Bosch specification sheets!
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

whittlebeast

How can you make a claim like that when "Megasquirt" does not even make a board to control a wideband?

Bruce at Megasquirt is a tech support guy to the OEMs for embedded code and micro processors in his day job.  He may have recently retired and gone full time Megasquirt at this point....  Al at Megasquirt was a "star wars" embedded code programmer for the military or however that happens.  He can't talk about it much.

Andy
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

Steve Cole

Quote from: whittlebeast on September 09, 2015, 08:57:06 AM
How can you make a claim like that when "Megasquirt" does not even make a board to control a wideband?

Andy

Show us WHERE the above quote comes from? It's not in any post I can find in this thread or is it you just trying to change the topic/subject again? As to a retired tech support guy and a "star wars" guy, so what, they still have no HD engine experience and until recently no wide band control experience.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

whittlebeast

Here is why I elect to use PowerVision and MLVHD to see what is going on with a tune.  This is a big log that was collected using a PowerVision.

On the left is the scatter plot of the motor and on the right is the histogram of the same data.  When this plot is all near 100, The VE settings are close and it is time to bring on the fuel using the AFR Target table.

http://www.nbs-stl.com/MLVDemo/100%20Scatter%20vs%20Histogram.png

Have fun tuning

Andy

Coyote

joe_lyons

September 11, 2015, 08:55:57 AM #156 Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:08:04 AM by joe_lyons

What would you say about this Andy?
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

whittlebeast

Change the scale on AFF to like Min of 95 and Max of 105

Andy

joe_lyons

September 11, 2015, 09:12:15 AM #158 Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:20:00 AM by joe_lyons

joe_lyons

joe_lyons

Sorry had to post links because the colors were coming out weird.

hrdtail78

Quote from: whittlebeast on September 11, 2015, 09:00:32 AM
Change the scale on AFF to like Min of 95 and Max of 105

Andy

Wouldn't that just filter out anything that was lower than 95 and higher than 105?  That is the problem with screen shots.  We can make it look like what we want to and then say.  Look, it is all with in 5% of 100.
Semper Fi

whittlebeast

It really doesn't filter it out, it makes things out of the range bright red or deep blue.

Setting the limits really high like 0 to 200 makes everything green.  Pick your poison.....

I like to set the limits to get a reasonable range of color.  It all depends on what I am looking for.

Andy

Coyote

I set the range narrower as well but they need to fix the program so it doesn't change my scaling every time I load a new log file.

hrdtail78

Quote from: whittlebeast on September 11, 2015, 09:38:31 AM
It really doesn't filter it out, it makes things out of the range bright red or deep blue.

Setting the limits really high like 0 to 200 makes everything green.  Pick your poison.....

I like to set the limits to get a reasonable range of color.  It all depends on what I am looking for.

Andy

There has to be a happy medium.  Usually you want the scale big enough to fit all data points in but not so big every thing in the range is one color.  IE:  If 85 is the lowest number.  It needs to be scaled to 82.
Semper Fi

Jamie Long

Quote from: Coyote on September 11, 2015, 11:29:17 AM
I set the range narrower as well but they need to fix the program so it doesn't change my scaling every time I load a new log file.

To set & save the scaling defaults to your liking in the drop down menu go to Calulated Fields> Fixed Field min & max> select the appropriate channel> select Edit min/max and you can personalize your defaults, otherwise they will be automatically scaled. 

Coyote

September 11, 2015, 11:57:08 AM #166 Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:13:41 PM by Coyote
Quote from: Jamie Long on September 11, 2015, 11:54:33 AM
Quote from: Coyote on September 11, 2015, 11:29:17 AM

To set & save the scaling defaults to your liking in the drop down menu go to Calulated Fields> Fixed Field min & max> select the appropriate channel> select Edit min/max and you can personalize your defaults, otherwise they will be automatically scaled.

Talking about MLV, right? I'll take a look. Thks

added, that worked. Thanks for the help.  :up:

azlou66

Jamie thanks for sharing useful knowledge.
Seems as though MLVHD is good tool once I have a few tips.
Anything less then overkill is under achievement.

whittlebeast

Did you guys realize, you can export your settings and you can also export your filters and share them with a friend?  I bet that eventually, you guys will come up with a standard way to look at TTS or Power Vision data.

I think Jamie at FuelMotoUSA is coming up with a standard set of settings he likes to allow his customers a cheap way to look at the same thing he is looking at.  That way his customers can quickly find tuning issues and get hints where to look to home in any tune. 

The more people share knowledge, the cooler this stuff gets.

Andy

hrdtail78

Help me pull this chart up.  I can only get it up on my 2-1 that has a touch screen.  I swipe that area and it pops up.  I can't get it on my desktop.   It also seems like it is the average of the whole run or just where the pointer is.

Semper Fi

whittlebeast

Using a mouse, left mouse click somewhere on your trace and drag the mouse to the right.  The data is the average all data between the vertical lines.

Andy

hrdtail78

I got it.  I was trying that and I guess I wasn't holding my lip right.  That actaull is easier and shows you what it is averaging.  Thanks.
Semper Fi

98fxstc

Quote from: whittlebeast on September 12, 2015, 02:58:05 PM
Did you guys realize, you can export your settings and you can also export your filters and share them with a friend?  I bet that eventually, you guys will come up with a standard way to look at TTS or Power Vision data.

I think Jamie at FuelMotoUSA is coming up with a standard set of settings he likes to allow his customers a cheap way to look at the same thing he is looking at.  That way his customers can quickly find tuning issues and get hints where to look to home in any tune. 

Andy
Seems quite a few powervision users are starting to see the benefits of MLV to assist with the bigger picture
TTS users are resricted by failure of the software to deal with native DM3 files from MT9 cals

Coyote

Quote from: 98fxstc on September 13, 2015, 06:38:16 PM

Andy
Seems quite a few powervision users are starting to see the benefits of MLV to assist with the bigger picture
TTS users are resricted by failure of the software to deal with native DM3 files from MT9 cals

:up: I bought MLVHD last week.  Andy was kind enough to spend time with me this weekend showing me how to use MLV to analyze the PV logs from one of my bikes. Very neat stuff you can do and see with it.  The man knows his stuff.

Tsani

Quote from: 98fxstc on September 13, 2015, 06:38:16 PM

Andy

TTS user here. I don't think I am having a issue with restriction of the software to use information from native DM3 files from my MT9 cal
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier