May 08, 2024, 06:30:42 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Scatter Plots for Beginners

Started by whittlebeast, August 05, 2015, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe_lyons

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

hrdtail78

Quote from: Tsani on September 13, 2015, 07:39:01 PM
Quote from: 98fxstc on September 13, 2015, 06:38:16 PM
Quote from: whittlebeast on September 12, 2015, 02:58:05 PM
Did you guys realize, you can export your settings and you can also export your filters and share them with a friend?  I bet that eventually, you guys will come up with a standard way to look at TTS or Power Vision data.

I think Jamie at FuelMotoUSA is coming up with a standard set of settings he likes to allow his customers a cheap way to look at the same thing he is looking at.  That way his customers can quickly find tuning issues and get hints where to look to home in any tune. 

The more people share knowledge, the cooler this stuff gets.

Andy
Seems quite a few powervision users are starting to see the benefits of MLV to assist with the bigger picture
TTS users are resricted by failure of the software to deal with native DM3 files from MT9 cals

TTS user here. I don't think I am having a issue with restriction of the software to use information from native DM3 files from my MT9 cal

I agree.  TTS has always made it easy to export data into another file format that can be easily seen in MLV.  I have had it for awhile.  The problem for MLV is.  I don't see a huge reason to export it into any other format than Datamaster.  2D, 3D, full strip charts, live data.  It might be needed with something as poor as the logger with vision on a screen smaller that my iPhone.  I know.  8 is so much better.  Open it up and show me before you try and convince me.
Semper Fi

98fxstc

TTS user here. I don't think I am having a issue with restriction of the software to use information from native DM3 files from my MT9 cal
You can open DM3 files in MegalogViewer now ?

joe_lyons

September 13, 2015, 09:33:00 PM #178 Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:30:24 PM by joe_lyons
I love the table generator from MLV.  Never even viewed recorded data on the PV itself.  Always viewed it though Dyno jets software suite or MLV and now we have Power Core to view PV logs.  I feel more data fields to be able to look at is always more helpful.

Same bike same tune same spot highlighted.  Spot the difference with the extra data.

whittlebeast

Quote from: 98fxstc on September 13, 2015, 08:47:56 PM
You can open DM3 files in MegalogViewer now ?

It may be easier to get SC improve his export utility to export everything every time including what he normally hides from you.  The TTS CAN Data and data rate is really good.
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

hrdtail78

Quote from: joe_lyons on September 13, 2015, 09:33:00 PM
I love the table generator from MLV.  Never even viewed recorded data on the PV itself.  Always viewed it though Dyno jets software suite or MLV and now we have Power Core to view PV logs.  I feel more data fields to be able to look at is always more helpful.

Same bike same tune same spot highlighted.  Spot the difference with the extra data.

You say more channels are better, but you are only using 4 out of the possible 6 you could have.  Why have the graph so tall.  Are you hiding the other items for a reason?

There are several screens shots on this thread that are from TTS tunes.  MLV and TTS working together is a complete nonissue. 
Semper Fi

joe_lyons

September 14, 2015, 06:38:16 AM #181 Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:40:26 PM by joe_lyons
Forgot to mention two different recording devices, and yes I'm hiding leprechauns.

whittlebeast

That is exactly why in the Megasquirt world, the rule is if you are asking any tuning issue questions, you must post your tune and your data log demonstrating the issue.  You would be amazed how fast the guys that are good a tuning can normally spot the source of the problem.

Tsani

Quote from: joe_lyons on September 13, 2015, 08:09:29 PM
So neat and clean.

Joe, if this was meant for me, Thanks.
I have nothing against products other than TTS. You just need to learn to use what you decide on. Additional aids just help.
It also helps to have a site like this one to learn from.

And Andy, if you had just followed your own little megasquirt rule, "That is exactly why in the Megasquirt world, the rule is if you are asking any tuning issue questions, you must post your tune and your data log demonstrating the issue.",  things would go a lot smoother for you around here. You may be surprised at how much DIY guys do understand. I may ride, live and breath motorcycles, but I used to be a hardware/software  guy for Lockheed. You just never know what your going to run across here.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

whittlebeast

Most of the plots that I plot are not Harley or it is not from a bike I am tuning.  They are simply examples of the sort of things I see.  Lots of them are from some tuner with a "Check out this log" type note that came with it.  Normally I never hear what was done to fix the issue that the tuner found interesting.

In the case of most of my logs off my motors, they are commonly 60 to 150 meg files and are unreasonable to post.  I can post one up on my server for download if you want to play with a bunch of data some time.

hrdtail78

Quote from: whittlebeast on September 14, 2015, 07:05:15 AM
you must post your tune and your data log demonstrating the issue. 

Sounds great.  A box account is easy enough to post anything, any size.  It won't happen by the half truth, BS guys.
Semper Fi

hrdtail78

Quote from: joe_lyons on September 13, 2015, 09:33:00 PM

See all the data that is missing by choosing to show it like above.   Let's really show it and try not to manipulate others by selective truth.

Semper Fi

joe_lyons

whittlebeast

Here is a scatter plot I got yesterday from a member that is requesting help with his tune.  This is the first view I went to.

http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/Harley%20Motor%20Needing%20Tuning.png

What is this screen shot telling us?

Andy

Sarhan

September 15, 2015, 05:03:12 AM #189 Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:24:26 AM by Sarhan
Need to work on VE's as they are not close 100% :nix:

joe_lyons

Is the AFF scaled to min/max or did you set it to 95-105?

whittlebeast

whittlebeast

Someone just sent me a fairly large Target Tune log.  All I can say is Wow, nice job Dynojet.

http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/Target%20Tune%20MAPxRPM%20vs%20DC.png

Andy

hrdtail78

I guess what we are suppose to assume by this screen shot is that the AFF isn't going past 5%.  It is all good.  My question is.  How much can the STFT change before it makes a change to the LTFT?  Or to really look at the bottom line.  Show WBo2 front and rear compared to target lambda.  I'd say that if this is holding 5% to target it is doing good. 
Semper Fi

whittlebeast

When hand tuning, I prefer to make a max change of about 5% in any one area.

Coyote

Can someone explain why AFF values are present for areas of the map that are open loop? Thks

rbabos

Quote from: Coyote on September 15, 2015, 04:58:58 PM
Can someone explain why AFF values are present for areas of the map that are open loop? Thks
If they are 100, that's a starting point. Shouldn't move from there in open loop, while in closed it will. Also integrators are stuck a 100 in open as well so no change there, no change if AFF.
Ron

Coyote

September 15, 2015, 05:30:57 PM #197 Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:33:56 PM by Coyote
It's clearly report AFF values that change and are not 100 in the OL areas.  :nix:

98 MAP and an AFF of 98.4%

[attach=0]

hrdtail78

Is this a target tune data log you posted?
Semper Fi

Coyote

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 15, 2015, 06:02:46 PM

Is this a target tune data log you posted?

No, just a PV log from a bike with only NBs