April 27, 2024, 11:56:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S T143 Project Dragon is running in the 9's

Started by No Cents, October 06, 2015, 06:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Cents

old bud Randy (Groundhog143)  sent me this...strutting his tail feathers.  :hyst:

[attach=0]

Nice job to everyone at S&S working on the project Dragon bike!  :up:

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Racepres

Took 'em long enough [if that is the project they were starting last spring].
But...Success is always sweet...
Does it fit in the Harley drags Rules??

westcomb

That's fast! ............... Marty My guess is 143" .......... Bagger class amra is 124 - 127" cap right?

Hossamania

Quote from: Racepres on October 06, 2015, 07:45:27 PM

Seems a bit harsh.

strokerjlk

But...Success is always sweet...
Does it fit in the Harley drags Rules??
No ...not with a 143 .
Had a hell of a 60 ft though .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

Racepres

Quote from: Hossamania on October 07, 2015, 06:33:33 AM

Seems a bit harsh.
Maybe...but they had plenty of offers of Help!!!!
Oddly...Gregg is one of S&S better [larger volume] Dealers...yet they ignore him and his "abilities" and choose to reinvent the wheel. Witness this "race" program!!!
Not to mention the fact that Gregg and Dennis, and Paul, and of course Stroker Jim, does it at Nationally Sanctioned [official] Events...
S&S likes Obscure Venues..for "proving". Kinda Like H-D did with the Destroyer Program...All Quiet untill they get the Desired Result...then Revelations and Celebrations!!
No One likes to be the Runner-Up...but...if no-one was Runner-up..there would Not be a Race...
Speaking of which...I really now wanna have that "other Class" me and Jim was speaking of...
Give that bike a Chance to actually Compete!!!

hrdtail78

I saw this on FB this morning.  Don't care about the venue.  9.96 @ 134 is getting it done. :up:
Semper Fi

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on October 07, 2015, 07:18:19 AM

Seems a bit harsh.
Oddly...Gregg is one of S&S better [larger volume] Dealers...yet they ignore him and his "abilities" and choose to reinvent the wheel. Witness this "race" program!!!
Not to mention the fact that Gregg and Dennis, and Paul, and of course Stroker Jim, does it at Nationally Sanctioned [official] Events...
S&S likes Obscure Venues..for "proving". Kinda Like H-D did with the Destroyer Program...All Quiet untill they get the Desired Result...then Revelations and Celebrations!!
No One likes to be the Runner-Up...but...if no-one was Runner-up..there would Not be a Race...
Speaking of which...I really now wanna have that "other Class" me and Jim was speaking of...
I really though the 143 would catch on better than it has .
I expected there would be some interest ,in a place to run .
Maybe the street outlaw type class would bring them in .
I expect a couple of the street dressers would go bigger and compete as well . ( a 117 ci running 9.95 for one )
But that takes away from a class that still needs to grow .

It would be a interesting class . And maybe bring more of theses low 9 bikes out of hibernation .

Racepres

I love the "Drag Racing Because if ya can turn...."
I also like.... Racing...because Golf, Baseball, Football, Basketball all only require one Ball!!!

And Hardtail 78...you are correct...no Feeling like a  "Good Pass"
I just prefer that it be done Officially...not in Secret...Hell I can borrow a timeslip from any Hyabusa rider!!!!

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on October 07, 2015, 07:43:44 AM
I also like.... Racing...because Golf, Baseball, Football, Basketball all only require one Ball!!!

I just prefer that it be done Officially...not in Secret...Hell I can borrow a timeslip from any Hyabusa rider!!!!
Wearing that shirt to today . Supporting Fast Co racing . :crash:

hrdtail78

Quote from: Racepres on October 07, 2015, 07:43:44 AM

Since I got your attention.  Has ECE been looked into to replace the Snell standard?  It is a higher standard and most out of the USA have gone to it.  Western Power Sports, and Parts Unlimited, some of the biggest motorcycle parts and apparel distributors aren't even carrying a Snell approved helmet anymore.  Less and less helmet manufacture are willing to do the extra snell testing because they have already went above and beyond with ECE.  I am under the assumption that if something like AMRA accepted ECE.  Hopefully other associations will follow a long.
Semper Fi

westcomb

Quote from: Racepres on October 07, 2015, 07:18:19 AM

Seems a bit harsh.
Are you talking about another bagger class ? .............. Maybe 150" limit?  :idunno:

pwmorris

Hell yeah,
That's gettin it done! As said, 1.50's 60' is a hell of a launch for a bagger- or any Harley for that matter...

Racepres

Quote from: hrdtail78 on October 07, 2015, 08:53:58 AM
Since I got your attention.  Has ECE been looked into to replace the Snell standard?  It is a higher standard and most out of the USA have gone to it.  Western Power Sports, and Parts Unlimited, some of the biggest motorcycle parts and apparel distributors aren't even carrying a Snell approved helmet anymore.  Less and less helmet manufacture are willing to do the extra snell testing because they have already went above and beyond with ECE.  I am under the assumption that if something like AMRA accepted ECE.  Hopefully other associations will follow a long.

I don't know...The NHRA has Not stated such...We can do what we want ...within reason..We were the first to require Parachutes for Fuelers under 6 sec. and over 200MPH...Maybe I need more info about that helmet stuff...and...of Course, it needs to be "Enforceable"...
Send me some info in a PM or an e-Mail...Thanks

Quote from: westcomb on October 07, 2015, 11:28:26 AM
Are you talking about another bagger class ? .............. Maybe 150" limit?  :idunno:

Again...In the Talking stages...I will know alot more After Rockingham...We may try it out there..maybe. Won't be the first we introduced a new Class at the Rock!!!
Won't change the RuleBook until after the Awards Banquet ....

We even have some interest in a StreetStock class...probably the Most Difficult to Police however!!!!

hrdtail78

Quote from: Racepres on October 07, 2015, 12:26:26 PM

I don't know...The NHRA has Not stated such...We can do what we want ...within reason..We were the first to require Parachutes for Fuelers under 6 sec. and over 200MPH...Maybe I need more info about that helmet stuff...and...of Course, it needs to be "Enforceable"...
Send me some info in a PM or an e-Mail...Thanks

You PM is full

Semper Fi

Racepres

October 07, 2015, 05:26:39 PM #17 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:29:28 PM by Racepres
Quote from: hrdtail78 on October 07, 2015, 03:18:58 PM

You PM is full

Dammit..man
I'll fix it...

Edit...Sure is a Puny inbox!!!!

Durwood

Marty, shoot Coyote a site donation and you will have a much larger inbox, plus help keep the site advertising free :up:

Racepres

Quote from: Durwood on October 08, 2015, 04:16:13 AM
Marty, shoot Coyote a site donation and you will have a much larger inbox, plus help keep the site advertising free :up:

Ah Ha!!! What's another tax deduction among Friends!!!! Thanks

Durwood

Quote from: Racepres on October 08, 2015, 06:21:59 AM
Quote from: Durwood on October 08, 2015, 04:16:13 AM

Ah Ha!!! What's another tax deduction among Friends!!!! Thanks
:up: :up:

pwmorris

Hossamania

dirty jim

THE "DUCT TAPE" SEAT IS AN INTERESTING MODIFICATION. I WONDER HOW MUCH A LOWER C/G MAKES TIME WISE?

strokerjlk

Quote from: dirty jim on January 01, 2016, 06:47:32 AM
THE "DUCT TAPE" SEAT IS AN INTERESTING MODIFICATION. I WONDER HOW MUCH A LOWER C/G MAKES TIME WISE?
About 3 tenths on my bike . But I was also figuring out how to ride the bike and get power to the track . I was going faster every round. So how much was the mod and how much was the seat time ?????. I have seen test on stock metric bikes making 3-5 tenths gain just with C/G change , and experienced rider .