Fast Harley's Only (FHO) race @ Reynolds GA. 7/17/16

Started by strokerjlk, February 09, 2016, 07:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strokerjlk

There will be three bagger classes at this race .
1. Street "all motor " 30 mile ride is required from Macon GA. Harley Davidson dealer ,To silver dollar race way in Reynolds GA.
2 street "power adder " same 30 mile ride is required .
3. Outlaw . Run what ya brung . No street ride required .
Good $$$$ purses for each class .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

1FSTRK

Great news. Kind of like the old FLASH race with the shake down run, 30 miles is good  but 60 would be better.
Is there a Quarantine after the road miles, run it as you rode it?
I always thought they should do the shake down run at the dyno shootouts too, keeps the licensed street pro drag bikes out of the street classes, would have cost Wolfe about 7 of his first place trophies.
Should be  a great race. 
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

strokerjlk

Quote from: 1FSTRK on February 09, 2016, 09:33:45 AM
Great news. Kind of like the old FLASH race with the shake down run, 30 miles is good  but 60 would be better.
I always thought they should do the shake down run at the dyno shootouts too, keeps the licensed street pro drag bikes out of the street classes, would have cost Wolfe about 7 of his first place trophies.
Should be  a great race.
no quarantine that I know of.
track is only rented for 6 hrs. so if you have a secret weapon ,you better be quick.
it will be interesting to see how it all goes down in that short of time frame .

1FSTRK

Quote from: strokerjlk on February 09, 2016, 10:10:14 AM
Quote from: 1FSTRK on February 09, 2016, 09:33:45 AM
Should be  a great race.
no quarantine that I know of.
track is only rented for 6 hrs. so if you have a secret weapon ,you better be quick.
it will be interesting to see how it all goes down in that short of time frame .

That is actually good, less time, more likely the bike will be raced as it is run on the street.
Not sure how to pull it off but I would enjoy watching that race.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Jonny Cash

Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

WideWildGlide

strokerjlk

Quote from: WideWildGlide on February 09, 2016, 11:08:05 AM
Just so I under correctly this is a bagger only?
Yeah this is just the bagger class's .

bulldog68

colorado plans may change.....would like to see this.

Durwood

Very cool Jim, you could just ride yours there and save on diesel fuel... :smiled:

strokerjlk

Quote from: Durwood on February 09, 2016, 07:00:10 PM
Very cool Jim, you could just ride yours there and save on diesel fuel... :smiled:
I will probably ride it 60 miles . 30 there and 30 back .

strokerjlk

Real street bikes have lights and charging systems . :bike:

Durwood

WideWildGlide

If you get a chance could you take more pictures of the intercooler please..fouced on more how it mounts

strokerjlk

Quote from: WideWildGlide on February 10, 2016, 10:58:59 AM
If you get a chance could you take more pictures of the intercooler please..fouced on more how it mounts
I will try and send ya some pics .

John/1

Hey Jim, I'm sure we're all cheering for ya,can you or will enter in more than 1 class.
John

strokerjlk

Quote from: John/1 on February 10, 2016, 12:22:07 PM
Hey Jim, I'm sure we're all cheering for ya,can you or will enter in more than 1 class.
John
It's gonna be tight this year racing . I may not be able to make all the AMRA races . So there goes a points race. If I miss one race , it will pretty much be impossible to compete for points .
My job has changed since we laid off 65 people . There are less people that can cover for me . So we will see how that turns out .
My daughter is getting married and that comes first as well .
I do have a little support to make this race though . So I am going to try my best to make it .
I will run street "power adder" and outlaw , if everything aligns to make it there .

motolocopat

MotoLocoPat  2015 FLTRXS, 2013FLHX, 2010FXDF
2006 Ducati S2R1000, 2004 KTM950

strokerjlk

Quote from: motolocopat on February 23, 2016, 11:55:47 PM
FHO seems like it should have a Dyna Class?
Not a heads up class that I am aware of .
There is suppost to be a bracket class,anyone can race in that class.

strokerjlk

strokerjlk

UPDATE
THE RACE IS STILL ON
if you are racing.... be at the track sun 7/17/16 @ 8:00 am
there will be a 40 mile ride for the street naturally aspirated and the street power adder classes. the ride will leave and return to the track.(instead of the harley dealer in Macon GA)
good payout for all classes. 2000.00 per class and growing.
must have working lights signals horn etc etc. street legal with registration. air shifter puts you in power adder class automatically .
the run what ya brung will be interesting. Kadfee's roadking went 9.02 yesterday on a soft tune. gonna have to run into the 8's to compete with that bad boy.

Racepres

I believe they are all scheduled to come to Michigan to duke it out with the 143 S&S Bagger.
later at The Martin 131 AMRA Event....

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on July 04, 2016, 05:29:33 PM
I believe they are all scheduled to come to Michigan to duke it out with the 143 S&S Bagger.
later at The Martin 131 AMRA Event....
that is what I am hearing too

Mikeg

What time does the racing start? I am coming from Columbus to check out the racing.

prodrag1320

hopfully it will be cooler than the last couple races,95+,humid,miserable temps.it would be nice to get some $$ for fuel bikes at some of these georiga races too.good luck to everybody though,its a nice track,set 2 national records there

strokerjlk

Quote from: Mikeg on July 11, 2016, 12:37:00 PM
What time does the racing start? I am coming from Columbus to check out the racing.
Gate opens at 9:00 am Sunday . Racing at noon One day only .

strokerjlk

So many people whined about Kadfee's bike , he has graciously pulled his road king from the races . He is however accepting all grudge challenges .

strokerjlk

jam65

I guess that the ball breaker was in his cubic inch displacement?

2006FXDCI

If its run what ya brung then thats the rules . Being fast takes allot of $$$ , if you dont have it well then there is always bracket racing . Just my 2 cents
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

strokerjlk

there will be no bracket race this year.
all grudge races will give 10 % to the promoters.
when a grudge race is locked in,the class that is running will stop and grudge race will begin.
1250 to win
500 runner up
250 third for each class.
the two street bikes that make the 40 mile ride will be subject to inspection.
the street naturally aspirated class will have to pull bags and raise fuel tank if asked.

rockytop117

Quote from: strokerjlk on July 14, 2016, 07:27:32 AM
when a grudge race is locked in,the class that is running will stop and grudge race will begin.
1250 to win
500 runner up
the two street bikes that make the 40 mile ride will be subject to inspection.
the street naturally aspirated class will have to pull bags and raise fuel tank if asked.
I'm riding down to take your money... lol Good luck Jim
11 serg 117ci wfo larry heads 10:2 190ccp se 58mm hpi 5.3 rb 2-1 128/135 sae

strokerjlk

Quote from: rockytop117 on July 14, 2016, 10:22:45 AM
1250 to win
500 runner up
the two street bikes classes  that make the 40 mile ride will be subject to inspection.
thanks Tim.  come on down and get in on the action.
i should have said two street classes ...not two street bikes  :slap:

rockytop117

Quote from: strokerjlk on July 14, 2016, 10:35:15 AM
Quote from: rockytop117 on July 14, 2016, 10:22:45 AM
1250 to win
500 runner up
the two street bikes classes  that make the 40 mile ride will be subject to inspection.
thanks Tim.  come on down and get in on the action.
i should have said two street classes ...not two street bikes  :slap:
Too much going on.. Family vacation next week & finally completed a lifelong dream of purchasing some lake property. Clearing & getting ready for construction .. Keeping the better half calm is a full time job at this point & time! Good luck & give um hell!
11 serg 117ci wfo larry heads 10:2 190ccp se 58mm hpi 5.3 rb 2-1 128/135 sae

strokerjlk

Thanks Tim .
We made it to be track . Got a hit on the track today . Tommorow we do the street ride and race.
T-man is here with his customer and his new outlaw bagger.
Beautiful bike and it is gonna be bad when they get it dialed in .
They plan on making the street ride on it .
https://youtu.be/Z_Ij35OiI9I

strokerjlk

akjeff

Quite the machine Jim! What are those rubber hoses to the left side of the heads in photo #2? Oil, breathers?? Good luck!

Jeff
'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

strokerjlk

Quote from: akjeff on July 16, 2016, 10:51:44 PM
Quite the machine Jim! What are those rubber hoses to the left side of the heads in photo #2? Oil, breathers?? Good luck!

Jeff
Oil drain .
Thanks Jeff

Racepres

I'm gonna check that next week I hope...cause I'm wondering where he is Draining to??? Or...maybe pumping [I would]

kd

If you look at the first pic of the right side you can see that hose running to the case above the oil pan. It looks like a direct return and probably reduces the heat by purging the hot head oil straight to the pan.
KD

Racepres

Quote from: kd on July 17, 2016, 09:26:10 AM
If you look at the first pic of the right side you can see that hose running to the case above the oil pan. It looks like a direct return and probably reduces the heat by purging the hot head oil straight to the pan.

Never was a heat thing for us...it was an expedient to get rid of Oil...Oil is Not a Good thing when racing..We Have By-Passed over 80% of the Feed oil on a pass...Some guys bypass it all...Anything for a tenth or two...
I still think I would have an Evacuation pump on that one someplace...and using the same pump on the Overhead oil just makes sense to me...tho I was never in a Class that allowed Pumps...Hence my curiosity.

kd

Quote from: Racepres on July 17, 2016, 01:15:59 PM
Quote from: kd on July 17, 2016, 09:26:10 AM

Never was a heat thing for us...it was an expedient to get rid of Oil...Oil is Not a Good thing when racing..We Have By-Passed over 80% of the Feed oil on a pass...Some guys bypass it all...Anything for a tenth or two...
I still think I would have an Evacuation pump on that one someplace...and using the same pump on the Overhead oil just makes sense to me...tho I was never in a Class that allowed Pumps...Hence my curiosity.

Might be a little tricky for the street ride portion in this race not having proper oil feed.   :doh:
KD

Racepres

Quote from: kd on July 17, 2016, 02:56:47 PM

Might be a little tricky for the street ride portion in this race not having proper oil feed.   :doh:

Oh...a Bypass won't affect the feed one bit...manual bypass valve for control...If yer gonna put mileage on, just close the Bypass valve. it will feed normally.

We would open the bypass after the burn-out, and close it on the big end, if the bike was still running...

strokerjlk

Gregg Dahl (AMRA outlaw  street pilot and builder of Kadfee's bike ) won  the "run what ya brung" on Kadfee's bike . Paul Vicory from the AMRA runnered up to him . I won 3 rd

I made the 50 mile street ride and took 3 rd in street extreme . ( should have won but that's racing ) beat myself  :slap:
Had a blast and looking forward to another one .

Racepres

Quote from: strokerjlk on July 17, 2016, 08:08:12 PM
Gregg Dahl (AMRA outlaw  street pilot and builder of Kadfee's bike ) won  the "run what ya brung" on Kadfee's bike . Paul Vicory from the AMRA runnered up to him . I won 3 rd

I made the 50 mile street ride and took 3 rd in street extreme . ( should have won but that's racing ) beat myself  :slap:

Pretty good showing from AMRA folks Huh???
Good on you guys...hope we can put it together well at the Michigan Event...

Black Diamond

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on July 17, 2016, 08:11:33 PM

Pretty good showing from AMRA folks Huh???
Good on you guys...hope we can put it together well at the Michigan Event...
We did the AMRA proud .
I hope so too Marty .
Had a Cat wanna buy my bike . Told me to name my price. I told him I couldn't put a Price on the ole girl . To many memories .

strokerjlk

Quote from: Black Diamond on July 17, 2016, 08:15:05 PM
New shifter set up help any Jim?
I think it will when I get used to it being there .
I double shifted the 2 nd shift and it cost me a race .

Racepres

Quote from: strokerjlk on July 17, 2016, 08:22:46 PM
Quote from: Black Diamond on July 17, 2016, 08:15:05 PM
New shifter set up help any Jim?
I think it will when I get used to it being there .
I double shifted the 2 nd shift and it cost me a race .

Remind me at 131, I can help ya with that!!!

Jonny Cash

:up: congrats!  I saw some pics online, was the heritage springer allowed to run in the street class?

strokerjlk

Quote from: Jonny Cash on July 18, 2016, 09:16:12 AM

:up: congrats!  I saw some pics online, was the heritage springer allowed to run in the street class?
Thank you . Yes they  let the Springer run in street . I stayed out of that argument . He got beat before he got into the money though .

2006FXDCI

Jim , did anyone get any video or pics from the event ? I talked to Damon today and he said he didnt make the trip down .

strokerjlk

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on July 18, 2016, 04:58:52 PM
Jim , did anyone get any video or pics from the event ? I talked to Damon today and he said he didnt make the trip down .
I just got home so I haven't looked yet. There was so many people shooting video it was crazy .
I had 3 guys tell me they had a lot of video of me . They all had you tube accounts .
I saw on F/B today the pass where the star 126 with nos blew up chasing me . I will see if I can find a you tube of it . I have a couple to download myself .

strokerjlk

Breeze

I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

2006FXDCI

2006FXDCI

Man Jim looks like the a$$ end got real loose on you in the one pass at around 120mph ! I dont know how you kept in the throttle and powered through that ! I woulda $hit my pants !!!

strokerjlk

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on July 27, 2016, 04:37:14 PM
Man Jim looks like the a$$ end got real loose on you in the one pass at around 120mph ! I dont know how you kept in the throttle and powered through that ! I woulda $hit my pants !!!
It was really loose every round  . I changed rims , tires , and made a shock adjustment for this race, i was attempting to correct the wobble on the big end that I was already experancing. It was worse for this race than ever before . Ended up adjusting neck bearings , taking the front end strap off , and more shock adjustment . The MI race last week it was wobble free .

Also note at 6:10 in the video I beat the winner of the extreme class . He then beat me later in the semis .( only round I lost )  I didn't get to buy back and run him again and have another shot at the finals . several reason why , but I am ok with it .I went home with money . And I am not used to buy backs anyway .

2006FXDCI

Thanks again for posting the video Jim . It was great getting to see all those baggers hangin their front ends high of the start ! Looks like you would of been in the bigger money if your shifter didnt malfunction on that one pass .

strokerjlk

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on July 28, 2016, 11:55:33 AM
Thanks again for posting the video Jim . It was great getting to see all those baggers hangin their front ends high of the start ! Looks like you would of been in the bigger money if your shifter didnt malfunction on that one pass .
yes thats the semi's . where i double shifted. and he beat me. he had bought back already, because I beat him in a previous round. I had not used my buy back yet.when he beat me in the semi.(rules were you could use 1 buyback anytime)  if I would have got my buy back and raced him again and won ,i would have went in the the finals against a broke bike like he did.

2006FXDCI

You did a great job ! Wish i could of made it down to Georgia . Kadafe invited me to bring my electra glide down . I dont have enough motor to play with you guys !

strokerjlk

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on July 28, 2016, 05:50:39 PM
You did a great job ! Wish i could of made it down to Georgia . Kadafe invited me to bring my electra glide down . I dont have enough motor to play with you guys !
Street class was a bunch of mid 11 bikes . The bike that won was the same bike that won the extreme class with nitrous . He runs 10.8 on the bottle and mid 11's off the bottle . He got caught with his nitrous bottle in the saddle bag lining up for the street class . He should have been out of both classes right then . But that's how it goes . I was compensated ,and I had a blast . Next race should be a little more organized .

Jonny Cash

I wish I had made it, just wasn't in the cards. I'm still scratching my head over the springer in street class though.  I'm running an electric shifter, which I gather wouldn't be allowed in street, but that doesn't seem like much of an advantage compared to a 200 lb lighter bike.  I'm gonna try to make the race in NC in September.

strokerjlk

Quote from: Jonny Cash on July 28, 2016, 06:29:52 PM
I wish I had made it, just wasn't in the cards. I'm still scratching my head over the springer in street class though.  I'm running an electric shifter, which I gather wouldn't be allowed in street, but that doesn't seem like much of an advantage compared to a 200 lb lighter bike.  I'm gonna try to make the race in NC in September.
Same crew from LA has the springer that has the nos bagger  . It was argued over quit a bit . I could have spoke up and probably should have . I just didn't want to be "that guy" and he wasn't in my class . It was put to everyone in the class to object  , it came down to a pissing match between two teams .
That springer took out another guy from IL in street class . He bought back , but lost again . That sucked because he pitted with me .

Yes the elec shift would put you in extreme street .
I am serously considering NC myself . Hope to see ya there.
Fast black is fast . We had the two fastest extreme street bikes there . Suppost to be some diff bikes in NC . I expect T-man will have his customers bike lined out by then also . ( it's gonna be fast) . He didn't make the street ride in Reynolds .

Jonny Cash

I'll pull the shifter and run the street class, think my bike would be competitive.  I finally scored a set of XR 1200 rims, getting them spaced up now, and going to try a different rear gear, will try T&T this week if it ever stops raining here.

strokerjlk

Quote from: Jonny Cash on July 28, 2016, 07:16:21 PM
I'll pull the shifter and run the street class, think my bike would be competitive.  I finally scored a set of XR 1200 rims, getting them spaced up now, and going to try a different rear gear, will try T&T this week if it ever stops raining here.
i think you will be competitive also.
getting in high gear early really picks up the big end ET and MPH. even if ya have to over rev thru the traps.

westcomb

Looked like a lot of fun! .......... wish it would have gone down last weekend as well tho  :smiled: