April 30, 2024, 11:07:16 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fast Harley's Only (FHO) race @ Reynolds GA. 7/17/16

Started by strokerjlk, February 09, 2016, 07:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strokerjlk

So many people whined about Kadfee's bike , he has graciously pulled his road king from the races . He is however accepting all grudge challenges .

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

strokerjlk

jam65

I guess that the ball breaker was in his cubic inch displacement?

2006FXDCI

If its run what ya brung then thats the rules . Being fast takes allot of $$$ , if you dont have it well then there is always bracket racing . Just my 2 cents
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

strokerjlk

there will be no bracket race this year.
all grudge races will give 10 % to the promoters.
when a grudge race is locked in,the class that is running will stop and grudge race will begin.
1250 to win
500 runner up
250 third for each class.
the two street bikes that make the 40 mile ride will be subject to inspection.
the street naturally aspirated class will have to pull bags and raise fuel tank if asked.

rockytop117

Quote from: strokerjlk on July 14, 2016, 07:27:32 AM
when a grudge race is locked in,the class that is running will stop and grudge race will begin.
1250 to win
500 runner up
the two street bikes that make the 40 mile ride will be subject to inspection.
the street naturally aspirated class will have to pull bags and raise fuel tank if asked.
I'm riding down to take your money... lol Good luck Jim
11 serg 117ci wfo larry heads 10:2 190ccp se 58mm hpi 5.3 rb 2-1 128/135 sae

strokerjlk

Quote from: rockytop117 on July 14, 2016, 10:22:45 AM
1250 to win
500 runner up
the two street bikes classes  that make the 40 mile ride will be subject to inspection.
thanks Tim.  come on down and get in on the action.
i should have said two street classes ...not two street bikes  :slap:

rockytop117

Quote from: strokerjlk on July 14, 2016, 10:35:15 AM
Quote from: rockytop117 on July 14, 2016, 10:22:45 AM
1250 to win
500 runner up
the two street bikes classes  that make the 40 mile ride will be subject to inspection.
thanks Tim.  come on down and get in on the action.
i should have said two street classes ...not two street bikes  :slap:
Too much going on.. Family vacation next week & finally completed a lifelong dream of purchasing some lake property. Clearing & getting ready for construction .. Keeping the better half calm is a full time job at this point & time! Good luck & give um hell!
11 serg 117ci wfo larry heads 10:2 190ccp se 58mm hpi 5.3 rb 2-1 128/135 sae

strokerjlk

Thanks Tim .
We made it to be track . Got a hit on the track today . Tommorow we do the street ride and race.
T-man is here with his customer and his new outlaw bagger.
Beautiful bike and it is gonna be bad when they get it dialed in .
They plan on making the street ride on it .
https://youtu.be/Z_Ij35OiI9I

strokerjlk

akjeff

Quite the machine Jim! What are those rubber hoses to the left side of the heads in photo #2? Oil, breathers?? Good luck!

Jeff
'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

strokerjlk

Quote from: akjeff on July 16, 2016, 10:51:44 PM
Quite the machine Jim! What are those rubber hoses to the left side of the heads in photo #2? Oil, breathers?? Good luck!

Jeff
Oil drain .
Thanks Jeff

Racepres

I'm gonna check that next week I hope...cause I'm wondering where he is Draining to??? Or...maybe pumping [I would]

kd

If you look at the first pic of the right side you can see that hose running to the case above the oil pan. It looks like a direct return and probably reduces the heat by purging the hot head oil straight to the pan.
KD

Racepres

Quote from: kd on July 17, 2016, 09:26:10 AM
If you look at the first pic of the right side you can see that hose running to the case above the oil pan. It looks like a direct return and probably reduces the heat by purging the hot head oil straight to the pan.

Never was a heat thing for us...it was an expedient to get rid of Oil...Oil is Not a Good thing when racing..We Have By-Passed over 80% of the Feed oil on a pass...Some guys bypass it all...Anything for a tenth or two...
I still think I would have an Evacuation pump on that one someplace...and using the same pump on the Overhead oil just makes sense to me...tho I was never in a Class that allowed Pumps...Hence my curiosity.

kd

Quote from: Racepres on July 17, 2016, 01:15:59 PM
Quote from: kd on July 17, 2016, 09:26:10 AM

Never was a heat thing for us...it was an expedient to get rid of Oil...Oil is Not a Good thing when racing..We Have By-Passed over 80% of the Feed oil on a pass...Some guys bypass it all...Anything for a tenth or two...
I still think I would have an Evacuation pump on that one someplace...and using the same pump on the Overhead oil just makes sense to me...tho I was never in a Class that allowed Pumps...Hence my curiosity.

Might be a little tricky for the street ride portion in this race not having proper oil feed.   :doh:
KD

Racepres

Quote from: kd on July 17, 2016, 02:56:47 PM

Might be a little tricky for the street ride portion in this race not having proper oil feed.   :doh:

Oh...a Bypass won't affect the feed one bit...manual bypass valve for control...If yer gonna put mileage on, just close the Bypass valve. it will feed normally.

We would open the bypass after the burn-out, and close it on the big end, if the bike was still running...

strokerjlk

Gregg Dahl (AMRA outlaw  street pilot and builder of Kadfee's bike ) won  the "run what ya brung" on Kadfee's bike . Paul Vicory from the AMRA runnered up to him . I won 3 rd

I made the 50 mile street ride and took 3 rd in street extreme . ( should have won but that's racing ) beat myself  :slap:
Had a blast and looking forward to another one .

Racepres

Quote from: strokerjlk on July 17, 2016, 08:08:12 PM
Gregg Dahl (AMRA outlaw  street pilot and builder of Kadfee's bike ) won  the "run what ya brung" on Kadfee's bike . Paul Vicory from the AMRA runnered up to him . I won 3 rd

I made the 50 mile street ride and took 3 rd in street extreme . ( should have won but that's racing ) beat myself  :slap:

Pretty good showing from AMRA folks Huh???
Good on you guys...hope we can put it together well at the Michigan Event...

Black Diamond

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on July 17, 2016, 08:11:33 PM

Pretty good showing from AMRA folks Huh???
Good on you guys...hope we can put it together well at the Michigan Event...
We did the AMRA proud .
I hope so too Marty .
Had a Cat wanna buy my bike . Told me to name my price. I told him I couldn't put a Price on the ole girl . To many memories .

strokerjlk

Quote from: Black Diamond on July 17, 2016, 08:15:05 PM
New shifter set up help any Jim?
I think it will when I get used to it being there .
I double shifted the 2 nd shift and it cost me a race .

Racepres

Quote from: strokerjlk on July 17, 2016, 08:22:46 PM
Quote from: Black Diamond on July 17, 2016, 08:15:05 PM
New shifter set up help any Jim?
I think it will when I get used to it being there .
I double shifted the 2 nd shift and it cost me a race .

Remind me at 131, I can help ya with that!!!

Jonny Cash

:up: congrats!  I saw some pics online, was the heritage springer allowed to run in the street class?
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

strokerjlk

Quote from: Jonny Cash on July 18, 2016, 09:16:12 AM

:up: congrats!  I saw some pics online, was the heritage springer allowed to run in the street class?
Thank you . Yes they  let the Springer run in street . I stayed out of that argument . He got beat before he got into the money though .