April 30, 2024, 04:14:12 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fast Harley's Only (FHO) race @ Reynolds GA. 7/17/16

Started by strokerjlk, February 09, 2016, 07:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2006FXDCI

Jim , did anyone get any video or pics from the event ? I talked to Damon today and he said he didnt make the trip down .
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

strokerjlk

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on July 18, 2016, 04:58:52 PM
Jim , did anyone get any video or pics from the event ? I talked to Damon today and he said he didnt make the trip down .
I just got home so I haven't looked yet. There was so many people shooting video it was crazy .
I had 3 guys tell me they had a lot of video of me . They all had you tube accounts .
I saw on F/B today the pass where the star 126 with nos blew up chasing me . I will see if I can find a you tube of it . I have a couple to download myself .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

strokerjlk

Breeze

I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

2006FXDCI

2006FXDCI

Man Jim looks like the a$$ end got real loose on you in the one pass at around 120mph ! I dont know how you kept in the throttle and powered through that ! I woulda $hit my pants !!!

strokerjlk

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on July 27, 2016, 04:37:14 PM
Man Jim looks like the a$$ end got real loose on you in the one pass at around 120mph ! I dont know how you kept in the throttle and powered through that ! I woulda $hit my pants !!!
It was really loose every round  . I changed rims , tires , and made a shock adjustment for this race, i was attempting to correct the wobble on the big end that I was already experancing. It was worse for this race than ever before . Ended up adjusting neck bearings , taking the front end strap off , and more shock adjustment . The MI race last week it was wobble free .

Also note at 6:10 in the video I beat the winner of the extreme class . He then beat me later in the semis .( only round I lost )  I didn't get to buy back and run him again and have another shot at the finals . several reason why , but I am ok with it .I went home with money . And I am not used to buy backs anyway .

2006FXDCI

Thanks again for posting the video Jim . It was great getting to see all those baggers hangin their front ends high of the start ! Looks like you would of been in the bigger money if your shifter didnt malfunction on that one pass .

strokerjlk

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on July 28, 2016, 11:55:33 AM
Thanks again for posting the video Jim . It was great getting to see all those baggers hangin their front ends high of the start ! Looks like you would of been in the bigger money if your shifter didnt malfunction on that one pass .
yes thats the semi's . where i double shifted. and he beat me. he had bought back already, because I beat him in a previous round. I had not used my buy back yet.when he beat me in the semi.(rules were you could use 1 buyback anytime)  if I would have got my buy back and raced him again and won ,i would have went in the the finals against a broke bike like he did.

2006FXDCI

You did a great job ! Wish i could of made it down to Georgia . Kadafe invited me to bring my electra glide down . I dont have enough motor to play with you guys !

strokerjlk

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on July 28, 2016, 05:50:39 PM
You did a great job ! Wish i could of made it down to Georgia . Kadafe invited me to bring my electra glide down . I dont have enough motor to play with you guys !
Street class was a bunch of mid 11 bikes . The bike that won was the same bike that won the extreme class with nitrous . He runs 10.8 on the bottle and mid 11's off the bottle . He got caught with his nitrous bottle in the saddle bag lining up for the street class . He should have been out of both classes right then . But that's how it goes . I was compensated ,and I had a blast . Next race should be a little more organized .

Jonny Cash

I wish I had made it, just wasn't in the cards. I'm still scratching my head over the springer in street class though.  I'm running an electric shifter, which I gather wouldn't be allowed in street, but that doesn't seem like much of an advantage compared to a 200 lb lighter bike.  I'm gonna try to make the race in NC in September.
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

strokerjlk

Quote from: Jonny Cash on July 28, 2016, 06:29:52 PM
I wish I had made it, just wasn't in the cards. I'm still scratching my head over the springer in street class though.  I'm running an electric shifter, which I gather wouldn't be allowed in street, but that doesn't seem like much of an advantage compared to a 200 lb lighter bike.  I'm gonna try to make the race in NC in September.
Same crew from LA has the springer that has the nos bagger  . It was argued over quit a bit . I could have spoke up and probably should have . I just didn't want to be "that guy" and he wasn't in my class . It was put to everyone in the class to object  , it came down to a pissing match between two teams .
That springer took out another guy from IL in street class . He bought back , but lost again . That sucked because he pitted with me .

Yes the elec shift would put you in extreme street .
I am serously considering NC myself . Hope to see ya there.
Fast black is fast . We had the two fastest extreme street bikes there . Suppost to be some diff bikes in NC . I expect T-man will have his customers bike lined out by then also . ( it's gonna be fast) . He didn't make the street ride in Reynolds .

Jonny Cash

I'll pull the shifter and run the street class, think my bike would be competitive.  I finally scored a set of XR 1200 rims, getting them spaced up now, and going to try a different rear gear, will try T&T this week if it ever stops raining here.
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

strokerjlk

Quote from: Jonny Cash on July 28, 2016, 07:16:21 PM
I'll pull the shifter and run the street class, think my bike would be competitive.  I finally scored a set of XR 1200 rims, getting them spaced up now, and going to try a different rear gear, will try T&T this week if it ever stops raining here.
i think you will be competitive also.
getting in high gear early really picks up the big end ET and MPH. even if ya have to over rev thru the traps.

westcomb

Looked like a lot of fun! .......... wish it would have gone down last weekend as well tho  :smiled: