May 07, 2024, 08:44:09 AM

News:

Oklahoma Indian Reservation Cigarettes?

Started by 04fatty, April 10, 2009, 08:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

04fatty

Any of ya'll buy cigs on the reservations in Oklahoma? How much a carton are they now? I'm looking for a reservation close to the Texas/Ok border that sells them cheaper. Any info appreciated.

JamLazyAss

"Any info appreciated."

Smoking Causes Cancer. Quit.
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

04fatty

Thanks for caring. You got any info on cigs in Oklahoma?

dakota224

04fatty

I forgot, it's smart ass Friday isn't it.

Dennis The Menace

okey-dokey then.

I dont know of any around there, sorry.  Being a cigar enthusiast, I suspect you are feeling the effects of SCHIP now, as am I.  Good to know you and I are providing healthcare to children in need.  Too bad gov didnt feel they deserve the same consideration and help from the rest of the population.  Sameful our children have to continue to suffer from lack of gov thinking.

menace

JamLazyAss

I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

HDSlowride

I apologize for butting in. The guy that has worked next to me in my department for the last 20 years just buried his younger brother. His brother got small cell lung cancer and lived three weeks after the diagnosis. Only 56 years old. Left behind two children, his wife and a couple grand-kids who don't undertand why paw-paw had to go away forever. Smoking caused his untimely death. Very sad. I wish everyone that smokes would suddenly experience an extreme dislike for the habit and throw them away. And live longer.
'07 Ultra Classic

Sportsterboy

State Children's Health Insurance Program = SCHIP :wink:

GaryD

My aunt smoked and drank wine all her life until she finally died at 101 years old-- and I smoked for 50 years (quite 10 years ago only because of cost) and I have no smoking related illnesses---neither did my mom and dad---so don't say smoking kills, because it doesn't --your individual body make up and chemisty is what will kill you. I think liquer kills more people, but it's OK to drink. I think smokers are really getting the shaft if you ask me. Nobody gets picked on more than they do.
Come on - if smoking is that dangerous---OUTLAW THE DAMN THINGS ONCE AND FOR ALL. but them who will pay for all the government giveaways ----- people that don't eat healthy - that's who ---and on it goes.
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

willymax4

how many of you     NON SMOKERS    ride your scoots without a helmet? same difference as far as i can see, you're just as much a burden on the health care system if you're dying from cancer or you're in a vegetative state from a head injury. :gob:
RIDE LIKE HELL AND YOU'LL PROBABLY WIND UP THERE

Jim Bronson

Sorry, the jury has been in on that one for a long time. Smoking increases the mortality rate from lung cancer, emphysema, heart disease and other diseases. Has any smoker ever had a checkup and the doctor said it was OK for him/her to keep smoking? Some people eat junk food all their lives and live to an old age. Some people drink excessively and never have alcohol-related health problems. You're one of the lucky ones. My brother in-law died from heart disease at a young age directly as a result of his smoking habit. My uncle almost died of throat cancer directly caused by smoking. I'm assuming young people read HTT, and I would urge them to do their own detailed research from credible sources, and not rely on anecdotal accounts here. Give up smoking or don't start. Chances are good that you will extend your life by many years and won't live your last days in a wheel chair with an oxygen bottle strapped to you.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

ceduby

Does anyone care to try sticking to the topic???? I reread it and I don't see anywhere where he asks if smoking is ok or not!!!!!! This is an endless and pointless discussion. I'm sure he knows the risks. Just as we all do in what ever venture, habit or what ever we do. I don't preach my religion, habits, etc. to anyone and don't expect to be preached to unless requested. After all No One Gets Out Alive! Do what ever you want that makes you happy as long as it doesn't effect anyone else negatively. And I don't need to hear about that second hand crap!!

Ok Rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled smoker bashing
Beat it to fit, paint it to match

HroadhogD1

Does anyone care to try sticking to the topic?Huh? I reread it and I don't see anywhere where he asks if smoking is ok or not!!!!!! This is an endless and pointless discussion. I'm sure he knows the risks. Just as we all do in what ever venture, habit or what ever we do. I don't preach my religion, habits, etc. to anyone and don't expect to be preached to unless requested. After all No One Gets Out Alive! Do what ever you want that makes you happy as long as it doesn't effect anyone else negatively. And I don't need to hear about that second hand crap!!

Yea, what he said. :up:

madjack

Thats all fine an well, if you want to smoke. But when I take my helmet off. don't get your secound hand smoke in my face.

cig

A  "Real" biker smokes and rides without a helmet!   :potstir:
cig 
Alton, Illinois

Ultrashovel

Quote from: GARYD on April 10, 2009, 10:58:51 AM
My aunt smoked and drank wine all her life until she finally died at 101 years old-- and I smoked for 50 years (quite 10 years ago only because of cost) and I have no smoking related illnesses---neither did my mom and dad---so don't say smoking kills, because it doesn't --your individual body make up and chemisty is what will kill you. I think liquer kills more people, but it's OK to drink. I think smokers are really getting the shaft if you ask me. Nobody gets picked on more than they do.
Come on - if smoking is that dangerous---OUTLAW THE DAMN THINGS ONCE AND FOR ALL. but them who will pay for all the government giveaways ----- people that don't eat healthy - that's who ---and on it goes.

So I can deduce from your post that smoking is of no health concern at all.

apendejo

Yea, we wanna be free, to ride our machines and not be hassled by the "man".
All y'all preaching about not smoking are preaching to the choir.
Nobody(smokers) really cares about the anti agenda.
As for the OP, if the OK reservations are anything like the ones here out west the only discounts you are gonna get are on fireworks, maybe some crappy off brand cigs full of stems and seeds that smell like burning pencil shavings.
AP

Jim Bronson

Quote from: ceduby on April 10, 2009, 11:44:07 AM
Does anyone care to try sticking to the topic???? I reread it and I don't see anywhere where he asks if smoking is ok or not!!!!!! This is an endless and pointless discussion.

Yes it got OT when someone asserted that smoking is not dangerous. That's not correct, and a counterpoint was offered.

HDSlowride

Quote from: GARYD on April 10, 2009, 10:58:51 AM

The young man I was talking about got small cell lung cancer. He got it from smoking. Some people don't, some people do. Smoking killed him by causing the small cell lung cancer. Nothing else. Just that. Maybe his body didn't tolerate it like a lot of other bodies. Doesn't make any difference now...he's dead and smoking killed him. It was his choice. I'm sure no one made him smoke. Free country. I'll bet those last three weeks of his life after his diagnosis he was wishing he never would have smoked. The last night of his life, he coughed up blood and chunks of lung and cancer tissue all night long until he finally died early that morning. Not a very pleasant memory for his family and kids.
'07 Ultra Classic

f-x-d-w-g

"The young man I was talking about got small cell lung cancer. He got it from smoking."

How can you say with certainty that smoking caused the cancer?  You can only say for sure that he smoked and he died.  Maybe it was that twinkie he ate, or he smoked a bad load of dope.

I'm a smoker and I don't deny that it's bad but it's my choice, not yours or anyone else's.  And, by the way, let the parents of the kids pay for their health insurance, not me.  If they can't afford it, they should get an education and get a job or not have kids in the first place.  I'm tired of paying for freeloaders.

Off of my soapbox now...
Dan
Tijeras, NM

Ultrashovel

Quote from: f-x-d-w-g on April 10, 2009, 02:02:18 PM
"The young man I was talking about got small cell lung cancer. He got it from smoking."

How can you say with certainty that smoking caused the cancer?  You can only say for sure that he smoked and he died.  Maybe it was that twinkie he ate, or he smoked a bad load of dope.

I'm a smoker and I don't deny that it's bad but it's my choice, not yours or anyone else's.  And, by the way, let the parents of the kids pay for their health insurance, not me.  If they can't afford it, they should get an education and get a job or not have kids in the first place.  I'm tired of paying for freeloaders.

Off of my soapbox now...

Theres a lot of data from scientific studies that tell us that that smoking causes lung cancer and emphysema. They even put warnings on the packages to clue you in, No one is telling you not to smoke, though. Puff as much as you like. It will make you look cool, too. Humphrey Bogart smoked and he looked cool. 

I do have one question, however. You wouldn't put water in your engine's oil tank. So why do you put smoke in your lungs?

Oh, yeah. One more question. How can anyone start a thread about buying cigarettes and expect it to stay on the original topic?

Jim Bronson

Quote from: f-x-d-w-g on April 10, 2009, 02:02:18 PM

Biopsies and autopsies can determine with medical certainty that smoking did or did not directly cause cancer. Statistics reinforce this. Small cell cancer is extremely rare in nonsmokers, is very aggressive, and is not curable. A little research can be very informative.

specialx1

aint any different then any other topic on these boards , aint seen one yet that stays on track ,  :wtf:
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

apendejo

Well whadda ya know, I was listening to a radio show this morning about diet. Seems that saturated fat contains no cholesterol. Carbohydrates are loaded with cholesterol and sugar.
So, I am gonna eat all the fatty steaks, butter, cream cheese etc that I want. Just stay away from the carbs and veggies. Veggies you ask? Why do cows have 3 stomachs, so they can extract what little nutritional value that grass and veggies contain. So everything I have learned the last 40 years about diet from pros such as Atkins is BS.
There are 3 types of lies
1. Lies
2. Damned Lies
3. Statistics
AP