Milwaukee 8 Big bore kit disassembly & installation

Started by Jamie Long, February 02, 2017, 11:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FSTRK

I would respectfully submit the head was never designed to have the rockers and pushrods in when torqued down. In the cad-cam world the drawing is the part, it can be used to generate a printed part, machining program or mold. I do not see HD making it to the 3-D printer stage without a plan to assemble and service the valve train without removing heads or cutting pushrods. Given the drawing is the part and the printed part shows slide in shafts with one end set up for a bolt to secure them, add the fact the printed engine shows no rockers or pushrods I wonder if the original design called for either an adjustable rockers or adjustable pushrods. It really does not matter for this thread but it would be an AH HA moment to realize milling the top off the shaft tower makes the assembly possible and the rocker cheaper all at the same time. It would also eliminate the factory adjustment step, could have been pure bean counter design.
Just thinking out loud here, you just never know.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: Harley_Cruiser Rocker Lockers on April 25, 2017, 09:35:25 AM
I took a closer look, The towers are cast into the head, if they had left the caps on like the printed out prototype, you would be torquing down the heads as well as pre-loading the lifters, and one of the head bolts is under the rocker arm. If you wanted to do any work on the cam you would need to pull the head, which would be practical impossible since the bolt is under the rocker arm.
I guess you could cut the push rods, ect.
This is why the changed the design so that the rocker arm is bolted in and does not have a cap, so the rocker arm can be removed.
Not because of rhetoric on the internet.

Actually, you have that exactly backwards. What I posted is verifiable fact. What you posted is the definition of "rhetoric on the internet."

10 or so posts back you knew absolutely nothing about the design, now you're the foremost authority. Your way or the wrong way. OK man.

Unlike you I won't apologize to Jamie for taking the thread off track, then continue to do so. I'm through here.

www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

SLAATY

SOOOOO....

Rhetoric aside, what's the latest on this big bore business? Been almost 3 mo's now, and your public awaits.

Jamie Long

Quote from: SLAATY on April 25, 2017, 01:57:38 PM
SOOOOO....

Rhetoric aside, what's the latest on this big bore business? Been almost 3 mo's now, and your public awaits.

Here's the latest on our end http://www.harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=97940.0