April 27, 2024, 02:48:35 AM

News:

've calibration

Started by Paul in Alaska, July 31, 2017, 04:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rigidthumper

The green VCI allows for factory narrow bands to be read, and up to 4 analog channels, at the same time, so wide bands, and EGT, or fuel pressure, or custom millivolts, or anything 0-8VDC, if you have custom gauges-very powerful data gathering tool when tuning.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

KE5RBD

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 06, 2017, 05:12:27 AM
The green VCI allows for factory narrow bands to be read, and up to 4 analog channels, at the same time, so wide bands, and EGT, or fuel pressure, or custom millivolts, or anything 0-8VDC, if you have custom gauges-very powerful data gathering tool when tuning.
Thanks for the explanation.  Haven't been following too closely lately.  Will check the Green VCI out.
2019 FLHTK Hammock Seat S&S MK 45 Slip ons Street Tuner.

Paul in Alaska

August 06, 2017, 03:43:10 PM #27 Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:51:15 PM by Paul in Alaska
Quote from: wolf_59 on August 05, 2017, 05:45:42 AM
Paul even vtuning with the wide bands with the map set for open loop it still digging a hole and running lean?
I have the area in question set at.974 lambda. Vtune adjusts and when it turn the cells white it stumbles bad. when i increase ve in that area, stumble goes away. After that i run vtune again and the cells are all purple in that area. Also i cannot seem to smooth out idle. Makes the compensator chatter and bang. before it gets warm idle is good. when it hits temparature i have a very choppy idle.
Been riding, dragging feet on the ice and snow...

wolf_59

Quote from: Paul in Alaska on August 06, 2017, 03:43:10 PM
I have the area in question set at.974 lambda. Vtune adjusts and when it turn the cells white it stumbles bad. when i increase ve in that area, stumble goes away. After that i run vtune again and the cells are all purple in that area. Also i cannot seem to smooth out idle. Makes the compensator chatter and bang. before it gets warm idle is good. when it hits temparature i have a very choppy idle.
.974-1.008 is closed loop, I would do as mentioned previously and set the entire AFR/Lambada map to 13.5 afr/.921 lambada and tune with the wide bands to set VE tables for front and rear, then set AFR/Lambada values where they need to be without using closed loop. 
The 2009 header doesn't have a cat so the NB sensor placement could be the problem

Paul in Alaska

Quote from: wolf_59 on August 07, 2017, 09:08:35 AM
Quote from: Paul in Alaska on August 06, 2017, 03:43:10 PM
.974-1.008 is closed loop, I would do as mentioned previously and set the entire AFR/Lambada map to 13.5 afr/.921 lambada and tune with the wide bands to set VE tables for front and rear, then set AFR/Lambada values where they need to be without using closed loop. 
The 2009 header doesn't have a cat so the NB sensor placement could be the problem
i recognize the fact i may have a cross talk or some other kind of narrow band issue.
Thanks
Paul

Paul in Alaska

Quote from: Paul in Alaska on August 02, 2017, 10:41:45 AM
Quote from: KiwiRob on August 02, 2017, 01:43:12 AM
Quote from: Paul in Alaska on August 01, 2017, 03:17:18 PM
Quote from: KiwiRob on August 01, 2017, 01:19:39 AM
TTS lists the calibrations with F engine identifier code for 113 & 120 engines. In my case with an '07 Soft Tail I have three cals (FNL, FNM, FPJ176 ).
All the other levels seem to have at least a couple of cals for 113/120 engines. - Rob

Do not see a cal for a 120. did a search using the TTS search and no luck.

The cals I mentioned are listed in the TTS cal listings (PDF) file for 1856cc (113) engines. They can be used for 1962cc (120) also. The cal listing file is downloaded with the TTS updates. - Rob
Got it....maybe i will switch calibrations and start over.
So i switch cal and roughed in at .972. Bike runs better... Switching to a 2 into 1 next week or so. Think my stumble could be associated with the pipe...

Paul in Alaska

In the scheme of things....When you have your VE tables calibrated.....would it be best to correct a stumble by increasing VE in the effected area or increase AE which effects the whole map.? AE is the accelerator pump....
Thanks

rigidthumper

If the stumble is steady state, adjust timing, once the VEs are stabil ( white). If the stumble is transitional, adjust the AE first, then timing. ( Again, assuming you have the VE's white)

Paul in Alaska

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 20, 2017, 08:18:35 PM
If the stumble is steady state, adjust timing, once the VEs are stabil ( white). If the stumble is transitional, adjust the AE first, then timing. ( Again, assuming you have the VE's white)
VE is white, stumble between 2000-3000rpm 60kpa to 100kpa.
Paul

rigidthumper

Open the 8-12-17 morning file in datamaster. Click on setup, click on analog channels, use the drop down menu to select Innovate Motorsports (lambda), use the sensor connection drop down menu to select front cylinder. Click on CH2, select innovate motorsports (lambda), select rear cylinder for sensor connection. click Save This Setup. Click on Apply Setup. It says "do you wish to apply these changes? Click Yes. Now, open VT3- select advanced mode. Select your 120st second map-009.MT9 file. Use the   8-12-17 morning file you just saved as your datamaster file.  Click Next. It should show you duty cycle. Click Next.  Spark assist mode ON, Fuel processing mode to Closed-loop Stock 02 and Open-loop Analog 02. Next. You should see EGR adjustment recommended- select Apply changes, then Next. This should be on your screen. [smg id=3048] All that white area, with numbers,shows where you've been able to gather enough good data to adjust VEs, and they are within 5%.  All the yellow areas, are areas where you need more valid data to get a good adjustment. Red or blue areas are good data, but required >5% adjustment, need to be re hit to try to get them white. The white areas without numbers are areas where you don't have enough good data to even attempt a guess- those areas need focused, as they line up with the stumble.  Using the drop down menu, select measured AFR/Lambda. Should look like this [smg id=3055]  This table shows what the widebands reported. You are asking for .890 @ 90 & 100 KPA, but measuring .757 (AE influenced) to 1.032. I think more data, and more VT3 runs are required to get this closer to what you need. I'd start by removing 10 VE points in the upper left and upper right areas, F&R, & reducing the AE by 10%, save as -010, and flash it in. Put flight recorder on, and go ride. Hit as many areas as you can, and run that data through VT3 just like above, and let us know what you got.

harpwrench

It might help to use the throttle progressivity table as a throttle stop, saving multiple data runs with cals maxed out at 25%, 35% etc. in different gears, then run the batch of files through vtune. To much AE can also cause a stumble FYI.