April 30, 2024, 12:08:40 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Sumping again....with the NEW Oil pump

Started by JB2017CVO, November 04, 2017, 11:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metaliser

And this is the reason the 2014's thru the 2016 models are selling like hot-cakes right now. I seriously want a new bike but no way in heck I'd buy one of these M8's right now and there's no fixes in sight for several issue's.

PC_Hater

Quote from: JB2017CVO on December 01, 2017, 01:32:48 PM
OK all...here is the final word from Harley Davidson....They had their guy come down here to Texas from Wisconsin to tear my bike down and check everything...The word I got from him personally was that all the parts were working just fine and that the installation itself was done correctly...He could only get it to sump when he rode it at high rpms for a sustained amount of time. What that consists of I have no idea...I can make it sump within a mile or so at high rpms...Anyways, he said that since they had put the new oil pumps in, I am the only one that has had the issue continue, so it must be me...I ride to aggressive for their liking. The bike was not designed to run at high rpms for a sustained period of time...once again...whatever that means....What Harley has agreed to do is refund me the price and labor costs of a stage 4 kit and I get to keep the kit...At this point my only hope is that FUELING or someone else comes out with an oil pump and cam plate that fixes the problem...

American consumer law is different to the UK, but doesn't that mean the bike is not fit for purpose and you can get your money back?

If high rpm running is the cause of the problem then an M8 would be no use to me - Germany and the Autobahn is only a couple of hundred miles by road and a ferry crossing from my house. I cruise my TC99 at 90 to 95mph for long distances, it sounds like I wouldn't be able to do that on an M8.
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

happyman

Quote from: PC_Hater on December 03, 2017, 06:29:16 AM
OK all...here is the final word from Harley Davidson....They had their guy come down here to Texas from Wisconsin to tear my bike down and check everything...The word I got from him personally was that all the parts were working just fine and that the installation itself was done correctly...He could only get it to sump when he rode it at high rpms for a sustained amount of time. What that consists of I have no idea...I can make it sump within a mile or so at high rpms...Anyways, he said that since they had put the new oil pumps in, I am the only one that has had the issue continue, so it must be me...I ride to aggressive for their liking. The bike was not designed to run at high rpms for a sustained period of time...once again...whatever that means....What Harley has agreed to do is refund me the price and labor costs of a stage 4 kit and I get to keep the kit...At this point my only hope is that FUELING or someone else comes out with an oil pump and cam plate that fixes the problem...

American consumer law is different to the UK, but doesn't that mean the bike is not fit for purpose and you can get your money back?

If high rpm running is the cause of the problem then an M8 would be no use to me - Germany and the Autobahn is only a couple of hundred miles by road and a ferry crossing from my house. I cruise my TC99 at 90 to 95mph for long distances, it sounds like I wouldn't be able to do that on an M8.
you may need a chase truck with trailer!  not joking, the possibility is real.  unfortunately.

rbabos

I think if he told me that, my comment would have been wtf is it good for then? That alone is reason to not buy one. Not saying we all need to be going wfo all the time but it should at least be capable of it since it often will get used as a high speed cruiser on extended runs.
Ron

fbn ent

What are "high RPMs" in their opinion I wonder? What a mess!
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta