April 27, 2024, 05:14:18 AM

News:

2007 FLHTCUSE2 Blutooth options

Started by americanvtwin, January 02, 2018, 05:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

americanvtwin

So I just got a 2007 Ultra with the Harmon Kardon system.  Is there a headset that plugs into the bike that also has bluetooth so that I can use my iphone and still use all of the systems on the bike,  (stereo, nav etc).  I want to keep all of the bikes functionality and integrate my phone to use it for calls or to listen music.  Anyone have suggestions?

Ohio HD

You can add blue tooth to the bike with this. Then you can use your phone and any ear buds, etc. you want with the phone.

http://coyote-industries.com/

I hear the owner gives really good support too.

americanvtwin

Thanks for responding to my post.  That unit is close to what I need.  But it wont allow me to use the phone as a phone.  Only to stream music from my phone.  I guess I need a wired headset/mic that plugs into the bike's headset port.  And also has bluetooth to communicate with my phone.  Allowing me to use it to make calls and stream music.  Thanks again for responding.  I've gone through all the threads here.  It looks like I'm looking for something that doesn't exist!

Coyote

It does exist but it's not quite as simple as it should be. I've looked at also doing a BT phone product but have passed so far. As time goes by, there are more HDs with this built in and the aftermarket drops.  I have the complete solution on my bike but it requires a Garmin Zumo GPS. I use the Garmin for the phone paring and add an additional module in the fairing to connect the GPS mic input into the HD coms (mic circuit). This gives me access to the phone via the Zumo and full, two way coms via the standard HD headset connection. I've been told those talking to me can never tell I'm on the bike.

If you have a Zumo already, this is a great way to go for full music/tele access but a little pricey if not.

americanvtwin

"and add an additional module in the fairing to connect the GPS mic input into the HD coms (mic circuit)." 

An additional module?  Two Zumo units?

KB

The Sena Firewire does the trick I beleive. I use a Garmin zumo and pair it to the phone and the zumo to a sena blue tooth helmet unit. Works fine. The zumo or the phone can stream music to the sena headset. or using the fire wire you can use the harley head unit. I also have the HD ipod player and that goes through the sena SM10 to the sena headet. Lots of options these days.
2008 110ci CVO Ultra 108/116
Andrews 57H