April 27, 2024, 02:44:28 PM

News:

RIVAS ROCKET 574 CAMS

Started by Harley Pilot, December 12, 2018, 05:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Pilot

OK so I'll take my lumps, just ordered a set of Andrews TW48 cams and I will be replacing the Rivas before I have to buy all new parts to go with them. Thanks for all the input it is appreciated.

BVHOG

Quote from: TorQuePimp on December 12, 2018, 05:38:11 PM
If you are planning on using that cam as a bolt in

Consider something else

Not a torque curve/seat of the trousers you'll want with a triglide

Comp 3101/4101
Andrews 48
Good advice, tough to beat a 3101 in a 103 trike setup.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Harley Pilot

UPDATE: So the 574's have been replaced with a set of Andrews 48's,plus the addition of a Target Tune module and all is good!! (For now :SM:) Thanks to all for the advice and help, and to the crew at Fuel Moto!!! :scoot:

Gerry Smith

I was hopping to see you use the C R 574 cams. I have a set and wanted to see how they work out for you.  Any one running the C R Rocket 574 cams? If so how do you like them?
Just do it while you can.

Hossamania

Quote from: Gerry Smith on January 08, 2019, 03:43:00 AM
I was hopping to see you use the C R 574 cams. I have a set and wanted to see how they work out for you.  Any one running the C R Rocket 574 cams? If so how do you like them?

He did use them. They did not work the way he needed them to work in his TriGlide. They did not make enough torque down low for his needs. That's the reason he switched to the 48s.
Read through this thread, you will find advice on how to set up the 574s.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

1FSTRK

He did try them earlier in this thread.

Quote from: Harley Pilot on December 17, 2018, 08:52:31 AM

Well I must admit at this point Tourqpimp was right, Rivas shows some impressive Dyno numbers for a stock 103" but I'm not feeling the power. I'm going to wait to hear back from Dyno jet and do a little more tuning before pulling them out but so far I'm not digging it!

:oops:
Hoss beat me to it.
But only by 35 seconds
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Harley Pilot

Yeah they didn't work for me but I have a 1200 lb bike, I'm not a tech and it's been awhile since I have stayed at a Holiday Inn. They might work great if you account for the compression loss but with a heavy bike like mine I don't see how you can make any gains if you're going to give up compression! The Andrew's 48's fit the bill for my Tri-Glide,and with the addition of the Target Tune I'm grinnin'.

Gerry Smith

where did they come in hard pulling? (RPMs) The 574 is advertised as a torque cam. Would you call them junk? Why do you say compression loss?

Gerry Smith

Is your trike a twin cooled bike? i was thinking they are all twin cooled.

dave brode

January 09, 2019, 08:43:38 AM #34 Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 08:48:48 AM by dave brode
Quote from: Gerry Smith on January 09, 2019, 07:13:43 AM
where did they come in hard pulling? (RPMs) The 574 is advertised as a torque cam. Would you call them junk? Why do you say compression loss?

http://www.rocketcams.com/cam-specs.html

Is a dog down low with 240* and a 38 close?

edit:

Dang, I just looked, I guess it is a big cam compared to the 48 and it's 29 close.

48H
222/238, 98/104
13/29 - 43/15
104 238 273
.548"

Harley Pilot

Quote from: Gerry Smith on January 09, 2019, 07:13:43 AM

Nope I wouldn't call them junk, compression loss because the IVC is 38 and stock is 30 deg. Add to that the Tri Glde is 400lbs heavier than a bagger, sooo no bueno for me!

Harley Pilot

Quote from: Gerry Smith on January 09, 2019, 07:24:31 AM
Is your trike a twin cooled bike? i was thinking they are all twin cooled.
Yep twin cooled, advertised as 10:1 compression.

Gerry Smith

so 10.5:1 would be better? Or to much?

Harley Pilot

Quote from: Gerry Smith on January 11, 2019, 11:07:26 AM
so 10.5:1 would be better? Or to much?
I would check out the big boys caculator, I'm not a Tech by any means but wouldn't think taking a hit on corrected compression could be of benefit.

Hilly13

A good tune at 10.5 with the 574's would be ok, wouldn't squeeze them much harder than that though, in a lighter bike even at 10.2 they would be fine, I've put 37's in streetglides at as bolt in and tuned them, so 9.8ish, owners are happy, it depends a lot on how you ride, gears and revs, if you are a lugger short cams are the bomb.
Just because its said don't make it so