April 30, 2024, 05:28:12 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Great Motorcycling Lies

Started by sfarson, November 11, 2008, 08:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubtrauma

Honey If we buy a new bike YOU can choose the colour.

Panzer

November 12, 2008, 06:28:44 AM #26 Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 06:31:40 AM by Panzer
Hun, I'm only gone to look around and get oil and a filter, trust me.

That one even makes me laugh
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

fasthog62

texaskatfish

"Officer why did you pull me over?"

"But Judge I SWEAR she told me she was 18!"

"Yes I just noticed that plate / insp sticker / insurance was expired before I left this morning"

"When did they lower this speed limit?"
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

Coyote

I'm from the MOCO and I'm here to help you!

02roadcling

02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Flat Dog

Of course I have a permit for it!

~JC~

Of course I'll love you in the morning. :smiled:
If I had to understand, You wouldn't explain.

RVGRG

"I think it's stock"
"it was this way when I bought it"
"I missed 2 shifts, thought for sure you would catch me"
"wow that thing is fast"

Kuda

Dunno if it qualifies, but every person who comes up to me when I stop on the pan and tells me their father/mother/brother/uncle/cousin/friend had one REALLY DID, then there'd be sh-tload more pans out there than the MOCO ever made...

-Kuda (I'm just sayin'...)  :smiled:
'49 panchop

4DWUDS

It ran when I parked it.
Just needs a little TLC
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

Lakerat

"Sorry officer, I guess that new front tire threw off my speedometer"
PGR  92 FXLR 97 FLHTCU (RIP) 98 FLHTCUI 95th Anniversary Now Carbed

djl

"You're right, the Deuce really isn't the right bike for two up touring. What we need is a second bike, a touring model. Wadaya think?  No, don't need a new one, let's get an older model, spend a little on upgrades, like new tires, new brakes and we are good to go."

Six months later the '02 FLHT is 107", Axtell Mountain motor, Hoban crank, TW32Gs, Rinehart TDs, DTT ignintion, CV44 carb, Dewey's Pro-Street heads and of course, new tires and brakes.

hdjax2

One time I told a cop "Officer, my throttle was stuck and I got scared so I let go of the clutch"   
Stuck in Lodi, Ca

Rags722

"Inspections expired officer?  How can that be, I had the shop inspect it when they put the new tire on... they must have forgot to put the sticker on"

Actually, that one got me a warning ticket instead of a fine...and a quick trip to the shop for an inspection.

"It will run much cooler with the new cams and exhaust"

mapboy

"Yeah, honey, the dealer has a winter time special.  They'll pick it up and drop it off for free.  I'm getting the fluids changed."

They were to pick it up while I was out of town.  Little did I know, someone (the wife) had to sign the work order at pick-up time.

Wife:  "DO YOU KNOW HOW FRIGGIN' MUCH THAT OIL CHANGE COST?!?!?!"

I had to fess up about the big bore kit and cams. . . . . . .

sfarson

Great ones!

"We'll get there waaaay before dark."

shoveled71

I dont know how that extra helmet got in the saddlebags, the footpegs must have vibrated down, you know how these old shovels vibrate, thats why you like it. Spike
100%  pure obnoxious harley ridin white trash

the Grump

"I'm just gonna take it for a test ride."

aquaman

"I didn't spend too much money on the motor.  I got everything(lie) really cheap from the swap meet on HTT!"
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock.
Will Rogers

verson22

She's a one kicker!  (Ya just never know which one) :wink:

kik

I got tired of hauling my wife on the back. I told my wife that she needed to take the safety course and get her license. It was in case something happened to me while we were out on the road, at least she could take the bike and not be stuck. I had her on her own bike with in 2 months after passing the course.

Now I told her that the bagger is just too heavy to run through town all the time. I told her I'd like to keep it for long road trips and find a lighter one for scooting round town. I get to look for one for Christmas.

LilEvilAmy

"How fast can it be - it's just a girl's bike?"    :wink:
~ Li'l Amy & her "Evil Twin" Snortster ~ Detroit, MI ~  ~

JamLazyAss

I wasn't there.
Must have been a bike that just looked like mine...
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

autoworker

"RARE"100th year anniversary model ::)
It must be true,I read it on the internet.