April 26, 2024, 02:33:20 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Boarzilla to loud , need change !!!!

Started by 53bulldog, February 23, 2020, 05:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guydoc77 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

53bulldog

Still have my 2006 Streetglide , 120 inch is still running excellent but old ears can't take the Boarzilla anymore . Have the quiet baffle, but sure isn't quiet !! Been out of the pipe market for quite sometime . Anyone have any advice on modification or maybe just go with a entire new setup , but want to stick with 2-1 .

prodrag1320

Nastytls

Ear plugs, $10 and you're exhaust will be plenty quiet with no performance loss. New exhaust, probably around 1k along with a potential loss of performance and most likely not significantly quieter.

harpwrench

Fuel moto sells an e-series muffler to make it an e-zilla

Deye76

Quote from: harpwrench on February 23, 2020, 07:17:50 AM
Fuel moto sells an e-series muffler to make it an e-zilla

:up:

As to the Pro-Pipe, I have one on a stock 103, it is hard on the ears, could only imagine a motor with more compression. The quiet baffle V&H has for that pipe kills torque according to Fuel-Moto testing. Or maybe it was another shop, but remember reading their dyno testing of it.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

rigidthumper

Supertrapp 2-1 or if you can find one, Fuel Moto E series 2-1- both will make excellent power without being overly loud.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

53bulldog

Called Fuel Moto , they cannot locate a e-series muffler they used to offer for my pipe .

Finn

Supertrapp Supermeg is fairly quiet. At least when the open end cap is not used.

I have had three Supermegs throughout the years and just ordered 4th one for Heritage.

I cannot say, though, if it is big enough for a 120 engine.
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

IronButt70

Quote from: 53bulldog on February 24, 2020, 02:48:18 PM
Called Fuel Moto , they cannot locate a e-series muffler they used to offer for my pipe .
Is your 2/1 collector 2 1/2" in diameter?
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

53bulldog

It's 2 1/2" collector , Fuel Moto is still trying to locate one , the unit needs the heat shield to hide the adapter . Cleared my PM , didn't know it was full.

IronButt70

No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

Hossamania

I thought I read that FuelMoto no longer makes the E series? Maybe it was just a specific model.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

53bulldog

Purchased a E Series muffler from a member , my ears look forward to future  long rides !

doctorevil

Dont mess with that overpriced crap.Build and tune your own, Cone engineering here in california. the guys are helpful and prices are very fair even if you dont open an account.You would be suprised how many exhaust manufactures use their exhaust cones.

Dogbone45ACP

Khromwerks / S&S duels with Fullsac baffles in CVO mufflers.

rhuff

Quote from: Dogbone45ACP on February 29, 2020, 01:23:09 PM
Khromwerks / S&S duels with Fullsac baffles in CVO mufflers.

Absolutely.  I had an old versions of the Khromewerks "touring" and "touring lite" 4.0" and 3.5" on a 107 all bore build with Kury dual cell headers and the bike performed amazingly well and was very tolerable sound-wise, but didn't sound like a pussycat either. 

53bulldog

I'm trying to salvage what I already have , not interested in starting over with a new exhaust . The Boarzilla has been known to be a excellent pipe and adding the e series muffler offers quiet plus great proven performance , win win!!!

Yo_Boss

Supertrapp Supermeg is what you are looking for.

klammer76

March 02, 2020, 12:50:24 PM #18 Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:05:56 PM by klammer76
Quote from: 53bulldog on February 29, 2020, 08:00:22 AM
Purchased a E Series muffler from a member , my ears look forward to future  long rides !
I have run a 2into1 e-series for years on my 02, 103" FLH. Both original White Bro's and later Fuel Moto. They work very well. I currently run a Jack Pot muffler on the FM head pipe. Works great, looks great but is loud. Thinking about switching back to the e-series muffler this season. I have tunes for both.

You won't be disappointed.

planemech

I've been really satisfied with my Dracula 2. It's not ridiculously loud unless you're really ripping on it. Currently running the 3" baffle. Ran the 2.5" on my 117 and it was a bit quieter. Cruising on the highway it's not loud enough to bother me at all. Fit and finished is really good too.

jmorton10

I was pretty happy with a Dragula also on my 124 until it broke in half right at the collector.

I  was supposed to ride to an event the next day.  I was so pissed I dragged out an old set of rinehart classic true duals with 4" mufflers I had kicking around & threw them on.

I liked the sound so much I left them on.  One day when I get around to it I will get out my miller tig & fix that collector but I doubt I will ever reinstall it.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

HighLiner

10 year warranty on the Dragula head pipe, maybe you could just send it back!

jmorton10

Yeah Frank said I could send it back & he would fix it, but it's a PITA to box up & I just haven't bothered to do it.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

02roadcling

Ride it there and wait while they fix it, then ride home.  :SM:

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Hillside Motorcycle

No doubt those Borzillas have a distinct bark.
The shop 131" can be heard for some distance............. :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"