April 26, 2024, 09:27:28 PM

News:

2016 FatBoyS 110 to 117 Build

Started by Wookie3011, March 14, 2020, 07:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wookie3011

April 09, 2020, 06:59:38 PM #50 Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 07:03:42 PM by Wookie3011
Quote from: Arseclown on April 09, 2020, 02:49:03 PM
Surprised that nobody's said it and maybe that's because htt is often about getting the best out of things but the 117 kit out of the box fitted to the bike rides really well in my opinion and unless you're used to a big cube, high performing Harley it'll make you smile as it is. If I was installing from scratch I'd change lifters and maybe cam and head gasket but not much else.

That's pretty Much what I've been aiming for. I purchased the TTS-150 WFO larry's Lifters and Cometic .030 Head gasket.  Then gonna throw her on a Dyno. Later on I'm going to get a different seat and some 10-12" apes. Should be a fun ride. Good bang for the buck to. Oh and I'm doing the rocker housing .125 drill out while I'm In there.

Ohio HD

Since we're helping you spend your money...

These are an inexpensive addition that can only help and not hurt anything.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,87723.msg997428.html#msg997428

Or you can PM John here on HTT. 

Arseclown

Wookiee you're gonna be over the moon. My dyna has the 117 as installed by the dealer per purchase. Supermeg pipe and one of the average screaming eagle canned tunes and it goes bloody awesome as it is. I definitely wouldn't call it soft down low.

When it's time to do some work on it I have some modified mva heads to fit and will change out lifters and head gasket. Will get me somewhere between 10.5-10.8 static compression; can't remember exact details as I've forgotten the head specs and can't be bothered finding them right now.  Have to measure everything first anyway. Heads cost me a fair bit as not many good head work options for Harleys in Australia and costs a lot to buy in USA and ship back especially with our poor exchange rate. I'll probably keep the se259 cams in after failing to get my hands on gmr600 cams. Then again I might even sell the heads and just enjoy it for the beast it is right now as it has more grunt than I can regularly use on the street

Wookie3011

Quote from: Ohio HD on April 09, 2020, 07:59:17 PM

Already Got them sitting and waiting to install:) thanks for the heads up though.  I

Wookie3011

Quote from: Arseclown on April 09, 2020, 09:10:21 PM
Wookiee you're gonna be over the moon. My dyna has the 117 as installed by the dealer per purchase. Supermeg pipe and one of the average screaming eagle canned tunes and it goes bloody awesome as it is. I definitely wouldn't call it soft down low.

When it's time to do some work on it I have some modified mva heads to fit and will change out lifters and head gasket. Will get me somewhere between 10.5-10.8 static compression; can't remember exact details as I've forgotten the head specs and can't be bothered finding them right now.  Have to measure everything first anyway. Heads cost me a fair bit as not many good head work options for Harleys in Australia and costs a lot to buy in USA and ship back especially with our poor exchange rate. I'll probably keep the se259 cams in after failing to get my hands on gmr600 cams. Then again I might even sell the heads and just enjoy it for the beast it is right now as it has more grunt than I can regularly use on the street
Should be pretty Hard to wipe that Chit eatin grin off my face=priceless. Dyna Huh? LowriderS? What the weight of those? Most guys get the 117 for the baggers. Some guys like me and you get it to bag on other bikes. The 110 in my fatboy is no slouch with the propipe and tune. It's going to be a constant investment in back tires but I'm ready. FatBoy S 749lbs that's of course Harleys weight.

Wookie3011

Quote from: Wookie3011 on April 10, 2020, 10:06:59 AM

Already Got them sitting and waiting to install:) thanks for the heads up though.  I
I actually didnt realize there was 2 different manufacturers. The ones I got where from DK Customs. If I had known I obviously would have gotthem from HTT Distributionm

Arseclown

Hey wookie. Yeah my scoot is a dyna low rider s. Don't know how much it weighs but feels light like a sporty. Harleys before that have been softails and a road glide and it feels way lighter. Almost like a bmx bike compared to the road glide. That's why it feels like it rips all over and might be different to the statement of feeling soft down low like one might perceive on a heavier bagger with the 117 kit fitted out of the box.

Despite owning a road glide for a while here and loving it, baggers aren't as popular in Australia; mainly only among the older riders. We call them granny glides. People aged 20s-40s here typically ride softails and dynas. But they're all good and ride what you like unless you want to follow a flock like a sheep.

Ohio HD

:up:

Wookie3011

Quote from: Ohio HD on April 10, 2020, 07:54:45 PM

:up:
Well shoot, I've been reading and the ones I got are not from the original. Doubt there is much a difference but I ain't willing to bet my build on it. Anyways I'm going to get the Originals to at least pay where Credit is due. I hate it when entities will steal a Idea then release their own version and its usually substandard to the Original. Like 6.5 Grendel or 6.5 Creedmore. There is so many different Reamers out there for these calibers some based off different headspace bolts. A real "Potty mouth" storm. All along giving the Original Creator a bad rap for the product. Anyways that thumbs up should of been a middle finger with it. Thanks again

Wookie3011

To all the Totally Awesome Harley Techs and members of this Forum who gave me Critical advice and guidance thank you. I'm done with the build and it's amazing. I couldnt have done it without you all. Thanks!