April 26, 2024, 07:47:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fuel Moto 107 or 110

Started by Jaystn62, July 14, 2020, 05:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kouack

Quote from: Jaystn62 on July 24, 2020, 04:30:16 PM
When this is all said and done I better be smiling from ear to ear. And hope the Ole Lady don't find out how far I'm in to this or I'll be sleeping with the bike......

This like the government defence budget this is top secret nobody should know where the money goes lol

Jaystn62

Quote from: kouack on July 24, 2020, 05:00:19 PM
When this is all said and done I better be smiling from ear to ear. And hope the Ole Lady don't find out how far I'm in to this or I'll be sleeping with the bike......

This like the government defence budget this is top secret nobody should know where the money goes lol
I wish I had the defense budget on this bike....hehehehe

Coff 06

AMEN to that one :dgust:     Last time I upgraded my already pumped up 98".I still spent
another 4K.Thinking I was only going to put another $2500 in it.  :hyst:
But I'm damn sure SMILING NOW.         :smilep:        Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

Jaystn62

Just an update. Coming together slowly but surely. Fuel Moto has been great. Received all items this last Saturday. Everything looked great.Hopefully be starting it up before this weekend. [attach=0]

Jaystn62

Well it's together. I've started it and ran it three times for about a total of 30 mins. I made a rookie mistake and assembled the umbrella breathers wrong. I had oil coming out of pushrod tubes at the top but the o-rings looked fine. Also noise from intake seems to be more excessive. Is this normal during break in? Not sure but might have a cam chest leak or it was left over pushrod tube leak. I'll find out this afternoon. I'd post video of motor running with intake noise but can't seem to get one to post.

Jaystn62

It runs. Actually runs like a Banshee. Reversion from intake a little irritating. I added old air cleaner cover from 2012 Super Glide I used to have trying to redirect sound. Oil leaks are gone. Was my mistake with the umbrella breathers. I'm happy with the overall results.

Tommy D

Quote from: Jaystn62 on September 01, 2020, 06:06:59 PM
It runs. Actually runs like a Banshee. Reversion from intake a little irritating. I added old air cleaner cover from 2012 Super Glide I used to have trying to redirect sound. Oil leaks are gone. Was my mistake with the umbrella breathers. I'm happy with the overall results.

Who tuned it ?
Acts 4:12

Jaystn62

Haven't had it on a dyno yet. Running on map provided by Fuel Moto. I'll be getting it on a dyno this winter when funds are more available.

kd

Quote from: Jaystn62 on September 02, 2020, 04:24:52 AM
Haven't had it on a dyno yet. Running on map provided by Fuel Moto. I'll be getting it on a dyno this winter when funds are more available.

You do know of course that the map you were given is a "guess" and usually only meant for starting and heat cycles.  You risk everything running it that way (especially like a banshee  :dgust: ) without having at least an AFR done to know if you are safe. The tune should be part of your build and budget.  Breakin is best handled during the tuning process while monitoring AFR and timing.
KD

Will-Run

Lean Angle, " Is Life."

Tommy D

Quote from: Jaystn62 on September 02, 2020, 04:24:52 AM

Daren (Durwood) member here, a very reputable tuner... is very close to you, definitely worth reaching out to him.

Jaystn62

I appreciate the advice on the dyno tune but because of this covid bs and my budget it's just not possible right now. As far as Durwood, yes his shop is about 35 mins from me. I met with him once back in early 2016. When I get to where I can dyno the bike he'll be the one.

kd

What we are saying is that you may want to rethink riding it until you know it is a safe tune.  All can be lost if too lean or rich. $$$$$$
KD

Jaystn62

If that is the case then my riding season is over. I reached out to Fuel Moto to get feedback from them.

Tommy D

Quote from: kd on September 02, 2020, 11:39:07 AM
What we are saying is that you may want to rethink riding it until you know it is a safe tune.  All can be lost if too lean or rich. $$$$$$

:hug:

Hossamania

You could ask Daren how much to just do a base run and check afr for you, much less cost than the full tune. At least that would let you know if it's safe to run.
And has been mentioned here so many times, a build budget should always include a proper tune, it should hold as much import as the choice of cam or pistons.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

Jaystn62

I do appreciate all the advice. As I stated before there are no more funds. I have reached out to Fuel Moto for feedback and advice. This Covid-19 BS has me strapped right now. If the bike has to sit it has to sit.

kd

He may offer to have a peek at what your PV is indicating if you can record data and send it to him or help you understand it and read it yourself.
KD

Jaystn62

I plan on hooking the PV up tomorrow after work and see what I can do. I'll have to go back and look at the video but I've done ok so far other than the umbrella breathers. But that was late on a Friday night and I was trying to look at service manual on my phone......didn't work.

Jaystn62

Got reply from Fuel Moto this morning and to say the least I'm quite upset and disappointed. They say this on one hand and say something totally different on the other because of liability. Not going into details. Needless to say my bike will be sitting the rest of this riding season out. I thank everyone that offered advice. If I ever get to the point I can have the bike properly tuned I'll resurrect this thread and let you know the results. Thanks again.

Hossamania

Call Daren, he may be able to help you out. Phone calls are free.

Hossamania

I also wanted to say congratulations on a job well done, it sounds like it runs well. Hopefully you can get it dialed in quickly and get a chance to enjoy it soon.

Jaystn62

I called Daren this afternoon and filled him in. He gave me the price of a full tune and I told him as soon as I had the funds I'd be calling him back. I'll try to work it out to get it done as quickly as possible.

Jaystn62

Quote from: Jaystn62 on September 03, 2020, 02:38:14 PM
I called Daren this afternoon and filled him in. He gave me the price of a full tune and I told him as soon as I had the funds I'd be calling him back. I'll try to work it out to get it done as quickly as possible.
Thanks Hoss....my first major build on a Harley. I made a couple rookie mistakes but overall I enjoyed it. Like to find a Breakout now and do maybe a 113 build on it...... :SM: