News:

waaaaaaaaaay OT pellet guns

Started by hotbagger1, December 19, 2008, 11:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotbagger1

I have a real bad squirrel problem and want to buy a powerful pellet gun
what do you recomend ?

~JC~

Be very careful, it's not always as simple as it seems.

I recommend sending in an expert.

:teeth:~JC~
If I had to understand, You wouldn't explain.

FATMAN

Crosman.  They make "pump" style pellet guns.  Use to also mfg a .22cal pellet gun and maybe still do.  I've got a .177 pellet version that can also fire BB's since it's the same bore.  Ten pumps (max) and it hits like a rifle within a decent range.
More to the picture than meets the eye.

still_havinfun

there are lots of good ones out there, my buddy has a Gamo brand break barrell and i shot it at a brand new 55 gal oil drum and it almost went through it. i think it comes out at 1100 fps. his doesn't have a scope and if you try to hit a running squirrel you couldn't get on target with a scope.

Justpassingas

Crossmans 760 Pumpmaster   .177 cal and shoots both BB and pellets and can be had I think for under $50 at Wallyworld.....10 pumps and your in range at 25-50 yards I'd say....I've got 2 of them
For Duty and Humanity

RK101

I have the crossman BB/Pellet rifle also. I don't think it would kill a squirrel outright past 75 feet but it will wound him pretty good.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

Lew

December 19, 2008, 11:32:01 AM #6 Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 01:18:37 PM by lewy1313
Beeman is quality stuff and works for me.  Might want to check the law before blasting those pesky varmints though.  Many tree rats are protected.  All of them around here are and the varmint police will bust ya...put your face in the news and throw ya in the pokey.
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

Billy

I have a Crossman Medalist 22 cal. 10 pump pellet pistol, it does hit pretty hard but won't kill anything much bigger than a pigeon at 40 ft. but it will keep cats from coming back after you hit them. If you really want a cheap, quiet and deadly small varmint gun get a .22 bolt action rifle and shoot Remington CB rounds. The CBs are subsonic and won't "crack" when shot, quieter than a pellet gun! If you use a .22 auto you will have to hold the bolt shut with your thumb or you will lose your stealth advantage, also they won't autoload as there isn't enough pressure with these rounds to cycle the action. Happy hunting!!
Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

Juice

Save your money and time

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Juice

Unsalted peanuts in the shell are cheaper in the long run, once they are 7 years old they are considered "old squirrels", you can also pop popcorn for them and then place it were you want them to go. Then they will always go there. They can live for up to 25yrs, but, old ones will chase the young ones away becouse they don't want to move around much anymore,,,,soooo,,,,, feed the "old squirrels"

Oh, but don't feed them to much or you end up with one like our "old tubbie"   LOL

Dennis The Menace

HogBob

Compasseco Inc.,151 Atkinson Hill, Bardstown KY 40004 (1-800-726-1696) (www.compasseco.com) offers a great selection of air rifles and pistols from Tech Force, Gamo, RWS, Crosman, Beeman and Daisy. I have a Gamo Hunter 440S pellet rifle that shoots .177 pellets at over 1000 feet per second. Gamo is made in Spain, has a rifled barrel and a lifetime warranty. I think they make some of the best mid-price airguns on the market. I would recommend a pellet rifle over BBs for power and accuracy. Obviosly, a .177 pellet does not have long range power due to its lack of mass, but at 50-75 feet is extremely effective. I would not recommend a pellet or BB pistol for any hunting use.

Bob

Rags722

I'll tell you what works for me... A regular Daisy pump BB gun, but instead of shooting BB's, I shoot the pellets that are the same bore.  Now, the big trick.  regular pellets have a flat face (target pellets) cause all they have to penetrae is the paper target, BUT, they also sell an arrowhead ( pointed triangle) head and that sucker will take out skunks and other small critters at a decent distance.  In fact, I feel they fly more accurate than a standard BB.  If you ever watched a BB in flight, they seem to move around quite a bit, but the pellets are dead on.  Once you know your workable distance, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Rags

hotbagger1

truck

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

RK101

BB's are like little high speed knuckle balls. Ya never know which way they'll go. :dgust:

RK101

madskillsjc

Bunch around my house never a problem and I feed them, have some badasses around to,I;d be careful if I were you.

adayrider

For that kind of money you have bought a .22 and a 410 for those shake days. :hyst:

Reddog74usa

I have had a Sheridan Blue Streak for the past 36 years. It is a 5mm is very acurate and will get the job done. I have not had to do a thing to this gun since I owned  it other than lube it up once in a while. Yes they are still in production.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

blacknchromehd

Wife got me one at Gander Mountain....

22 cal pellet....8 power scope....open breach...insert pellet...and blast away...over the last 5 years...I average 14-15 per season...hate those little bastards...broke in the garage one year and chewed the seat on the shovel head...wife said it was because my nuts were on that seat so long they went for it...

Killing suirrels in PA...

Bill
If you own one you should ride it...not polish it..not look at it...ride the dam

tireless

blacknchrome, they are excellent in dumplings, stew and not too bad fried either :up:

bladerunner

I use the Gamo Whisper  model       .177  pellets    ( silencer and scope ) , 3 coons  ,   1 possum  , 1 rabbit  and  all the squirls  that my neighbor can eat  . I like the silencer feature  , real quiet............bladerunner
Erie , pennsylvania

Gonzo

Beeman for me. I bought it for the exact same reason. Had a squirrel that drove my dogs nuts, who in turn drove ME nuts!!! Have too many neighbors, so I wanted something extremely accurate, so I didnt hit any houses (or children) in the background.
First shot from 40 - 50 yards, and that ended that! Only bummer was that was my neighbors "pet" squirrel he had been hand feeding since it was a baby. Asked me a week later "Hey, you seen my pet squirrel, I havent seen it in a week?"       No, I aint seen your pet squirrel :smileo:   True story.....

coolingfin

RWS, Gamo - both good.
If noise is a factor stay at about 1000 FPS or slower... guns in the 1250 FPS range are quite loud.
Many people consider the RWS 34 to be one of the best deals in serious air guns.