'06 Road King 25 degree injectors Power Commander 3 --need map help

Started by johneb48, May 07, 2011, 07:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johneb48

Bike motor is stock-- has Samson rolled ovals, SE air filter--replaced 8 with 25 degree injectors kuz of cold running issues --took bike to HD dealer and they "flashed" the ECM with a stage 1 map for 25 degree injectors, SE exhaust and SE a/c--mechanic said it would help bike even though I have different exhaust (Samson rolled ovals).
I had rare coughing in intake when cold and decelleration poping in exhaust after the stage 1 flash. I told dealer and they said get a Power Commander.
I bought a Power Commander from forum member but not sure which map to use.
There is a map for '05 with Samson rolled ovals, SE A/C , and stock ECM  ; Another map for '05 with  Samson rolled ovals, SE A/C, and Stage 1 ECM  ; and one Dynojet tech recommended which was for '06 with Vance and Hines rolled ovals, SE A/C, and stock ECM--don't think I have stock ECM anymore as it was reflashed with Stage 1 flash per dealer.
I know you guys are much more sophisticated with newer tuning devices BUT can you offer imput as to which map you think I should use?

Thanks

FLTRI

Just try the maps you think will work as no map will work as well as a custom tuned map simply because the P/C maps are built from taking a bike off the street and tuning it.
Problem is.....no 2 injectors deliver the same amount of fuel. No 2 engines breathe exactly the same, etc, etc.

Find a map that makes to bike run as smooth and responsive as you can then take it to an experienced, qualified tuner and get the front and rear cylinder calibrations corrected for your bike and it's idiosyncrasies.

HTH,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open