April 26, 2024, 11:26:54 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

'06 Road King "cough" on light acceleration--Power Commander3 USB

Started by johneb48, May 16, 2011, 08:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johneb48

Installed Power Commander 3 --current firmware--bike has SE A/C, Samson Rolled Oval slip ons, stock header, Stage 1 flashed ECM, 25 degree injectors, M807-216 map (closest map to my mods) , 2 bars reduced midrange fuel, 1 light bar reduced high range fuel (to compensate for stage 1 ECM flash) ,stock 88.
When lightly rolling on throttle when normal operating temp, bike "coughs" and then will accelerate. This normally happens in any gear under light load BUT not all the time.
Any thoughts? Will an intake leak cause this?

Ajayrk

Since you have 25* injectors, try a stage 1 map for a 2005.  M807-153 or M807-152 may work.  the current map seems to be lean at low throttle settings.
AJ

johneb48

AJ,
I tried 807-153--big difference but I also changed my intake gaskets at the same time so I am not sure if it is the map or intake seals that made the difference--Lesson learned-----Make one change or adjustment at a time.
Dynojet suggested several weeks ago that I use a map for an '06 as the head design and 25 degree injectors atomized and burned the fuel more thoroughly. I think I will check my mileage and plugs and go from there.