May 09, 2024, 10:36:51 AM

News:

WOT---GANGSTA LOOK

Started by RKC03, January 06, 2009, 07:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKC03

I for the life of me can't understand why in the h*ll kids these days wear their pants almost down to their knee's---I also don't know if they or the general population knows where the practice came from (prison), I myself couldn't ever stand it even before it was cool---(and no I didn't wear them at my knees) I prefer my pants to be on my hips--and no...not the hip-huggers of yore....I think the practice looks silly and am not afraid in saying so  :dgust: , I haven't seen many adults doing it, and thank God  :crook:, is anybody else put off by this...maybe these "kids" need to  :rtfb:   :potstir:    :duel:
                                                           RKC03
RKC03

bigblock6912

i've never been able to figure it out either. just plain looks stupid. not to mention kinda unsafe. but what do we know!

Rusty Steel

RKC,
Lol. It is simply priceless to see the faces of the thug-wantabee's.. when you tell them how and where that fashion came from.
If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

Panzer

Not only the pants, but the hat too, always worn on the side and the brim flat.......looks dumb.   :hyst:
Always makes me laugh.   I don't think any of them own a mirror.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

tireater

They have slang terms for the injuries you get tripping on those pants...
On the plus side....It's easy for the cops to catch them if they run...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

bouncingVman

And long hair too.... Oh wait... that was my generation.  :smilep:

:teeth:
"Todd"
(Northern Iowa; United States)

Juice

Society will never accept it as a fashion, I know I don't. Last summer 3 punks dressed like that robbed a guy on the street here in the burbs, people driving by saw it and called the police and they gave chase (quick responce here). The idiots ran threw back yards to get away and one of them was mine and I heard them (about 2 am) and went out there, police were everywhere when one of the officers came from behind a house with the first kid caught. He had no pants on, they fell off when he tried to run. The cops and I were all laughing our aces of. I showed two officers how to get threw my backyard (wooded) to the other lot out back and they found the other two idiots hiding there holding their pants up. It made the police blotter here in the local paper,,,,,,frigging idiots

I do know that on the streets it's supposed to mean they have a pocket full of money in one and a gun in the other.
Caught because his pants fell off     :hyst:

shovelmonster76

They supposedly made it illegal here in Atlanta. I don't know how that turned out. I think I'd rather be in a gunfight with a gangster because he has to hold his pants up with one hand and tilt his head sideways so he can aim with the other. :duel:
Watch out for those Alligators

Baggerlady

I have seen them try to run and not be able to, its too funny! And what is with the "baggy, looks like I'm wearing a dress" shorts? I mean they might as well have a dress on! :dgust: :rose:

CraigArizona85248

LOL... it's like listening to a bunch of old farts.  Those dang kids... GET OFF MY LAWN!   :hyst:

HIPPO

Quote from: shovelmonster76 on January 06, 2009, 08:41:38 PM
They supposedly made it illegal here in Atlanta. I don't know how that turned out. I think I'd rather be in a gunfight with a gangster because he has to hold his pants up with one hand and tilt his head sideways so he can aim with the other. :duel:

Display of plumbers crack without a license?

Coyote

Quote from: CraigArizona85248 on January 06, 2009, 09:46:13 PM
LOL... it's like listening to a bunch of old farts.  Those dang kids... GET OFF MY LAWN!   :hyst:

Now that's funny right there.... don't care who you are!  :hyst:

Molly

I teach them so get a classroom full of kids showing their bloody shorts. Looks stupid to me too. Similarly, I don't understand why old people wear their pants under their armpits.

We all wore stupid things when we were younger. I was a 'big hair' metal head with snakeskin pants and all the crap that went with it. Still, I looked cool...

someday69

I like that sticker-  We were stupid first...

seattledyna

as long as were on the subject...I can never understand the appeal of the underpowered automatic four cylinder Civic with the coffee can exhaust, worst sounding vehicle I have ever heard!  especially at 2am as they are cruising thru town.

and yes dont we sound like the old guys in the neighborhood that complained about the stuff we did 40 years ago, lol

truck

Quote from: seattledyna on January 06, 2009, 11:09:59 PM
as long as were on the subject...I can never understand the appeal of the underpowered automatic four cylinder Civic with the coffee can exhaust, worst sounding vehicle I have ever heard!  especially at 2am as they are cruising thru town.

and yes dont we sound like the old guys in the neighborhood that complained about the stuff we did 40 years ago, lol
:up:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

moose

no offence , but I think they wear them like that because they don't want to leave there buddy's behind !

:)
Moose aka Glenn-

76shuvlinoff

I might be younger than some and older than others here. Did high school in the 70s .

Although I sure don't get the crotch around the knees look... I sure as hell don't want any of my pictures from high school to surface either.

:embarrassed:

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

billbuilds

Craig,
     You gonna go see Gran Torino? From the looks of the trailer Eastwood asks some young, ahem "gentlemen" to cease stepping on his grass with some less than subtle persuasion. Freakin' old fart vigilante...
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

Redleg

Quote from: CraigArizona85248 on January 06, 2009, 09:46:13 PM
Dang nab-it I am an Old Fart and it took awhile to get there....... But I got there.... :wtf:

billbuilds

Redleg,
     I'm an old fart too by most standards. I hope that you caught the sarcism in my post. Bill
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

ohio-rider

LOL... Talk about funny dressers, have you seen some of the clothes that bikers are wearing theses days? Opps! Never mind.  :smiled:

RK101

I'm and old fart also. I certainly don't get the look. Then again most older people didn't like rock and roll and the look that came with that in the 50's either.
I just look at it as it's there turn,to do there thing. They'll grow out of it when it's time to find a real job or they won't, in which case they always be looked upon as someone who isn't smart enough to dress themselves. LOL

Funny thing I wore a leather motorcycle jacket in the 50 when I was to young to own a motorcycle, and I'm still wearing one now that I do. Some things I guess never go out of style I guess and some attitudes die hard.   

Now all I want to know from the wife is, Will you still need me will you still feed me when I'm 64.   :hyst:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

MrClean

"Is that a woman or a man?"  From Bob Segers Turn the Page.  I went through that period in time.
Some of you sound like the 'Old Fuddy Duddys" from back in the day of those "long hairs". :wink:
And the cars that make the odd exhaust noise.  If they can hear my Harley exhaust at 2 am, then I can listen to theirs.
Times change and styles change with the times.  I hope I am around to see the changes that my grandson and granddaughter will deal with.
Hey, the pants that look like they are about to fall off make me smile.  Do they look funny.  Yep.  And then I think about what I looked like when I was a kid. :hyst:
These are the facts according to my opinions.

Big Dan

January 07, 2009, 06:15:23 AM #24 Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 06:30:48 AM by Big Dan
Mr Clean,
That may be the most logical, sensible post I've ever read.

What the hell is wrong with you?  :teeth: Can't you see we're trying to be cranky old men?
Never follow the Hippo into the water.