May 09, 2024, 09:00:05 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Mastertune vs. PowerVision

Started by nhrider, July 26, 2012, 06:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie Long

Quote from: JohnC on August 15, 2012, 10:12:35 AM
I love my FuelMoto headpipe and I know that with my next bike, I'll be going with the PV tuner instead of the TTS I'm currently using.  Although the TTS is not complicated, it seems to me that the new PV tuner will do the same thing and in a much simpler package not requiring an external PC. 

But to me, customer service after the sale goes a long way and I don't think you can get better support for their products than from Jamie at FuelMoto.

Thank you for the kind words. If you do your research and feel Power Vision is a product you would like to try on your next bike, awesome! we are here to offer unlimited tuning and product support on all levels. The latest Power Vision updates discussed bring a whole new level of tuning to the table and should be a real game changer for both novice and veteran users alike. It is really that good, and there are many advancements, new features, and updates coming down the pipeline that are already being tested in the field. Dynojet is completely focused on bringing forth the most innovative features and concepts and we are absolutely proud to be a part of their "Vision" from the very beginning into the future.   

Durwood

Jamie,with the auto tune feaure can the operator select the desired afr?

Jamie Long

Quote from: Durwood on August 15, 2012, 08:39:21 PM

Absolutely, if you are using Auto Tune Pro with the Wideband Auto Tune module you can set the Lambda/AFR targets to your preference, if you are using the Auto Tune Basic you can only tune within the limitations of the factory O2 sensors and normal closed loop range 

Durwood

Quote from: Jamie Long on August 15, 2012, 08:47:45 PM
Quote from: Durwood on August 15, 2012, 08:39:21 PM

Absolutely, if you are using Auto Tune Pro with the Wideband Auto Tune module you can set the Lambda/AFR targets to your preference.
That's cool Jamie,Thanks for your reply.

HogBag

I'm looking forward to Steve releasing the new TTS Mastertune to the public. I'm sure it will be worth the wait as the ten year old SERT is still holding its own with the latest tuners.

emece

Jamie, will the PV support the TTS' cam selector feature (or something similar) in any future update?

And one more, copying all tables from a TTS map (including the EGR ones) to a PV gives a working map? Or in other way, do the numbers in the tables have the same meaning between the PV and the TTS? I'm not worried about "straight" numbers as VE or advance, but about the more obscure EGR, baro correction and the like.

Thanks.

Jamie Long

Quote from: emece on August 16, 2012, 04:59:27 AM
Jamie, will the PV support the TTS' cam selector feature (or something similar) in any future update?

And one more, copying all tables from a TTS map (including the EGR ones) to a PV gives a working map? Or in other way, do the numbers in the tables have the same meaning between the PV and the TTS? I'm not worried about "straight" numbers as VE or advance, but about the more obscure EGR, baro correction and the like.

Thanks.

All of the strategies and features are native to the Delphi ECM not the tuning product itself, it is up to the manufacturer of each product to determine what they would like to expose and how it is used. While I cannot disclose specific info on the open forum, there will be some significant PV features that will be introduced later this season that will be another industry first. We are first concentrating on getting the current update ready for production release here shortly.

As for copying and pasting tables, that is never a good idea regardless of which product you are using. There are far too many variables both exposed and in the background that will significantly affect the tune. As always I recommend using the product you feel most comfortable working with and have the best resources available.

Sporty 48

Quote from: Denfire621 on August 12, 2012, 09:26:12 AM
This is probably going to sound like a dumb question--please bear with me, I'm only just starting to understand what all is entailed with fuel injection, volumetric efficiency and the like. How do you tune open loop with the powervision? Isn't the PV set up basically for the purposes of tuning closed loop? Also, I asked the question of Jamie at Fuelmoto (it's Sunday, so he hasn't seen it yet) about simply using wide-band O2 sensors with the powervision. Couldn't you just adjust the stoichiometric to something a little richer? Am I asking ridiculous questions? ;-)

Den
Den,
Just saw your question, do not know if it was answered.
Tuning, like building, like learning, is done in stages or steps.
Suggest you start off in Closed Loop, get your VE's and Timing settled.
Then if you want to go Open Loop it is VE's, AFR's and Timing.
Your PV vender, if Jamie Long, is a full service outfit, they will help with base tunes for your setup.
A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

Denfire621

Thanks, sporty. I actually have a pretty decently running bike. I got the PV with a good map from Jamie. Then, I did some data collection runs. "Blondie" is running pretty nicely. I was just thinking you could adjust the stoich with straight wb O2 sensors. If it's not something not available, I'm still happy with the pv & the help I've gotten from Jamie! Shoulda got it in the first place!

Den
2011 Fatboy
V & H Bigshots, SE Stage 1 A/C, Powervision, Mustang seat

burgies08ultra

this pv sounds pretty cool..
wonder if he has any maps for triglides???
seems no one tunes for us...
thanks
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

Jamie Long

Quote from: burgies08ultra on August 17, 2012, 07:36:38 AM
this pv sounds pretty cool..
wonder if he has any maps for triglides???
seems no one tunes for us...
thanks
burgie

Yes we have a handful of maps we developed specifically for Tri Glides, quite a few guys running PV on their trikes on the "other" forum with some good threads and feedback 

Zigzag930

Would love to see some updated information on comparing the PV2 and MT2 as I'm about ready to purchase.....

rigidthumper

Kind of like saying which of your twin children is your favorite? If you're gonna tune it yourself, factor in the price of units/cables/time/learning curve. If having it done, talk to your tuner.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Teardrop

August 17, 2016, 07:47:29 PM #63 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:10:58 PM by Teardrop
Quote from: joe_lyons on July 26, 2012, 06:56:12 PM
I have used and do like the vision.  But i do wish that their log tune process could be a bit smoother/more simple.  If they do this with the update then it will be a good contender.  Of the few that i tuned only one guy wanted his mounted to his handle bars which i think is the one thing that makes it different from the other tunners.

Oops. Never mind this is an old post. 
2010 Ultra Classic

HD/Wrench

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 16, 2016, 06:38:26 PM
Kind of like saying which of your twin children is your favorite? If you're gonna tune it yourself, factor in the price of units/cables/time/learning curve. If having it done, talk to your tuner.

Learning curve is the biggest thing I feel most really do not grasp.

Durwood

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on August 20, 2016, 06:55:14 AM
Quote from: rigidthumper on August 16, 2016, 06:38:26 PM

Learning curve is the biggest thing I feel most really do not grasp.
Agreed.