May 09, 2024, 02:50:58 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Power Vision questions

Started by BVHOG, August 16, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJfxst

Quote from: Jamie Long on September 05, 2012, 07:49:01 AM
Quote from: LJfxst on September 04, 2012, 08:11:36 PM
just a quick question is anyone else having trouble bringing up the acr control on the tunes for 2012 softail i am running the beta firware have updated the tune but am unable to get this to come up i have changed the heads on my bike and now have manual decomps and now have the engine light on

It all depends on which Beta FW level you are running, we are moving some of the less significant tune items to the PV display. If ACR is not a tune item under Limits & Switches simply go to your PV display and go to "Quick Tune" by going to Settings>Enter Code>319247 and you can toggle ACR off along with many other options.
thanks heaps for your help jamie with this all sorted now cheers

Jamie Long

Quote from: Ken R on September 05, 2012, 02:46:32 PM
Jamie, I haven't found it yet, but is there a way to save the histogram and save it on my computer for future reference (short of taking a picture of it while on the motorcycle and saving the jpeg?).

There are a couple ways you can review your data. PV stores the base .pvv file as well as the new "corrected" .pvv which can be retrieved in WinPv by going to Get Log. Also, when you are on the Auto Logger (green) screen you can start/stop logs to simply review or you can use them in PV Log Tuner software if you would like correct your tunes "the old fashioned way" rather than exporting your corrections right on the PV display.

hrdtail78

Post 50 and 58 are still waiting for a reply.  I understand if you don't want to answer on an open forum. Can you send me a PM?
Semper Fi

Jamie Long

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 05, 2012, 07:23:08 PM
Post 50 and 58 are still waiting for a reply.  I understand if you don't want to answer on an open forum. Can you send me a PM?

The ability to adjust the cruise control limits has never came up, and I have not had anyone ask until now. I would need to get with an engineer on that one.

hdmanillac

Quote from: hdmanillac on September 04, 2012, 11:31:53 AM
I have some difficulties with my road king FLHR09 to get a good tunning result with it's new configuration: Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air Filter, HD Headpipe without cat, B&E Superflow 2'' mufflers (Nice sound, good level) and PV (FW beta 1174).

Really interested on how to proceed with EGR (or Charge Dilution Effect). When I tune up (manual method or Autotune), VE increase a lot on rear cyl in low loads area of the map and even at iddle. The motor get some vibrations also betwin 1500 and 2000rpm even if everything seems to be ok (AFF, CLI...).

Waiting for Dynojet release about EGR...

:bf: :banghead:

Any reply for this question ?

:idunno:

Thanks.
2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

Jamie Long

Quote from: hdmanillac on September 05, 2012, 10:04:03 PM
Quote from: hdmanillac on September 04, 2012, 11:31:53 AM
I have some difficulties with my road king FLHR09 to get a good tunning result with it's new configuration: Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air Filter, HD Headpipe without cat, B&E Superflow 2'' mufflers (Nice sound, good level) and PV (FW beta 1174).

Really interested on how to proceed with EGR (or Charge Dilution Effect). When I tune up (manual method or Autotune), VE increase a lot on rear cyl in low loads area of the map and even at iddle. The motor get some vibrations also betwin 1500 and 2000rpm even if everything seems to be ok (AFF, CLI...).

Waiting for Dynojet release about EGR...

:bf: :banghead:

Any reply for this question ?

:idunno:

Thanks.

For tuning and map support you can contact Dynojet at pvtech@dynojet.com or if you are running one of our maps you are welcome to contact us thru our website or on our tech line.

hdmanillac

Already done. I contacted Dynojet few weeks ago and Dan answered me that EGR is not the priority at the moment because of Autotune developpement...

:cry:

I think my bike will return stock again while waiting for a dynojet release about EGR...

:fish:

Thanks.

Jamie Long

Quote from: hdmanillac on September 06, 2012, 12:10:29 PM
Already done. I contacted Dynojet few weeks ago and Dan answered me that EGR is not the priority at the moment because of Autotune developpement...

I think my bike will return stock again while waiting for a dynojet release about EGR...

Thanks.

Actually, EGR is already in there if you using Beta 1174 or later FW (if you need a copy just let me know). If you update your tune via WinPv, Charge Dillution Effect (EGR) is now an active tune item. However note this is not generally a table that we would adjust with your combination (i.e stock bike with slip ons, stage 1 air cleaner) and there may be something else going on with your combination or tune. As Dan noted there are some additional tune features and enhancements that are already in the works that we will put more focus on after the production version of the automated PV Auto Tune is released here shortly.

runamuck

I would like to make a few changes to CLB but dont see that option in the Tune Items list..

Jamie Long

Quote from: runamuck on September 06, 2012, 02:47:02 PM
I would like to make a few changes to CLB but dont see that option in the Tune Items list..

If you have a Lambda based calibration it does not have CLB, you will adjust your Lambda target directly in the Fuel/Lambda table.

hdmanillac

Quote from: Jamie Long on September 06, 2012, 12:46:19 PM
Quote from: hdmanillac on September 06, 2012, 12:10:29 PM

Thanks.

Actually, EGR is already in there if you using Beta 1174 or later FW (if you need a copy just let me know). If you update your tune via WinPv, Charge Dillution Effect (EGR) is now an active tune item. However note this is not generally a table that we would adjust with your combination (i.e stock bike with slip ons, stage 1 air cleaner) and there may be something else going on with your combination or tune. As Dan noted there are some additional tune features and enhancements that are already in the works that we will put more focus on after the production version of the automated PV Auto Tune is released here shortly.

Maybe you are right, there is something wrong with the stage 1 config.

I'm already using the Beta 1174 FW and I've tried to reduce EGR on rear cylinder betwin 750rpm and 2250rpm and there is an improvement. But without information about EGR I can't do accurate tunning. I would like to know how EGR parameter is taken into account in fuel metering or in VE calculation.

:nix:

emece

Perhaps this question has gone unnoticed between so many others.

Quote from: emece on August 31, 2012, 03:40:43 AM
Another question. Some of us asked for TTS to have a means to launch the ABS bleed sequence, without any success up to now. It would be possible for PV to have such capability?  Going to the dealer for such a simple thing as bleeding the brakes is a PITA.

joe_lyons

Jamie are there lamba based maps for cable drive bikes or are fbw bikes the ones who gets the good stuff.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Ken R

September 07, 2012, 08:44:34 PM #113 Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:48:16 PM by Ken R
Playing with my PV

Did the speedo correction.  Now it's within a needle's width as compared to my Zumo. 

Went on a 55 mile logging run today.  It was over 95 degrees, but I wanted to see what a log looks like and also see the gauges screens that I'd set up.   Headed out on Interstate 30 towards Greenville and back.   

Set up one of the several programmable displays to show:  Instantaneous MPG, Trip MPG, Fuel Consumption, MAP, and Engine Temperature.  Learned some stuff.

1. A little wind makes a big difference in MAP and MPG.  So do slight up and downgrades.
On the way out with a little 10-15 mph tailwind, MAP was between 50 and 65.  Instantaneous MPG was between 41 and 49 MPG with a constant cruise-controlled 70 mph in 6th gear.  Riding in traffic increased the MPG and decreased the MAP.  I thought the mileage was too high, I don't usually get better than 42 mpg on my gas mileage runs.

On the way back into the headwind, MAP was between 60 and 75!  Instantaneous MPG was from 37 to 40 mpg.  Upgrades/downgrades/Interstate traffic affected both parameters more than I though they would.

Total trip miles per gallon was 41.7, in the range that I've been measuring using the ole top-off-the-tank method.  Maybe this stuff is accurate after all.  Need to go on a full tank ride to see how it compares to the PV.  My trip-riding partner has already confirmed the gas consumption feature to be highly accurate.   

2.  70 MPH cruising Engine Temp was 246 degrees F (give or take 5 degrees for on the way out versus on the way back.

3.  Seeing real-time accurate fuel consumption will have several uses beyond playing with the motorcycle. 

I'm not running the AutoTune module yet, just the basic PV.  With the AT unit, I should be able to see the measured AFR as compared to the AFR command from the ECM. 

There are few things that I've had more fun with on my motorcycle than the PV.  Still haven't played with the timing; it is as set on the dyno 1-1/2 years ago. 

The PV created a big log file..  I downloaded it from the PV into my desktop.  It's in CSV format; I can look at it in table form using Excel.  Would like to figure out how to create a graph with several selected parameters.  I'm an Excel dummy.  Never use it for much of anything.  Wonder if there's another way.  The Power Vision Log tuner won't open the file; it's not a .pvv file.  Haven't found any help files yet for the Log Tuner. 

hdmanillac

You need MegaLogViewer to open .csv files from PV.

:up:

nhrider

Quote from: Ken R on September 07, 2012, 08:44:34 PM
Playing with my PV

The Power Vision Log tuner won't open the file; it's not a .pvv file.  Haven't found any help files yet for the Log Tuner.

You need to create a base value file (pvv) from your current tune before you can go any further with PV Log Tuner.

This is from the Fuel Moto web site:

2. Create a Value File. Open your calibration (tune File) in the WinPV software and create a Power Vision value file under File/Save Selected Values that has the following tables: VE front, VE rear,  AFR or Lambda fuel table, and Front and Rear Spark tables. You will need to switch the software user level to Pro by going to Setup/Options/User Level in WinPv

Here is a link to the page:
http://www.fuelmotousa.com/PVlogtuner.htm

After you create the pvv file you can open the log files and generate a new tune following the directions on the web page.

2010 FLHRC
2005 FLSTNI

Tre_11 FLHX

September 08, 2012, 09:59:27 AM #116 Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:14:28 AM by Tre_11 FLHX
I just finished my first auto tune basic, much simpler than using my TTS.  One thing I noticed was the data log (green screen) kept switching from green to red during the entire ride.  warning would display something about VE=0.  Normal?

I reflashed the tune and my bike is running very good and mileage has increased. I was getting 38 MPG. After I flashed the auto tune learned data, I topped of the tank and rode for 112 miles, then topped of the tank again with 2.5 gallons of gas. Almost 45 MPG.  Not running hot either.  My ride was was 112 miles, running between 70-80mph for 2/3 of it.

I tried hard to get her to ping, never heard it. 
I really like the gauge feature, the economy one was pretty damn close.

So far I'm pleased!

Tre'
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Ken R

Mine switched green to red with information a lot, too.  It came and went quickly, though.  Hard to tell what it was trying to tell me.  It does auto-save periodically, .  I saw some "saving" information in a flash of red screen often.  Didn't seem to matter, though. Over the course of 30 minutes, it must have gotten thousands of hits. 

Ken

Tre_11 FLHX

September 08, 2012, 06:49:40 PM #118 Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 06:51:56 PM by Tre_11 FLHX
Ken,
I was able to catch a photo of it.
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

hrdtail78

I'm I reading correctly?  821 idle at 46.5kpa?  That's quit a bit of load.  Why is the curser on 50?
Semper Fi

akjeff

Quote from: Tre_11 FLHX on September 08, 2012, 09:59:27 AM
I just finished my first auto tune basic, much simpler than using my TTS.  One thing I noticed was the data log (green screen) kept switching from green to red during the entire ride.  warning would display something about VE=0.  Normal?

I reflashed the tune and my bike is running very good and mileage has increased. I was getting 38 MPG. After I flashed the auto tune learned data, I topped of the tank and rode for 112 miles, then topped of the tank again with 2.5 gallons of gas. Almost 45 MPG.  Not running hot either.  My ride was was 112 miles, running between 70-80mph for 2/3 of it.

So far I'm pleased!

Tre,

Just used the Beta version this past week as well, and very pleased. That flashing from green to red is due to a particular parameter changing too quickly for it to log. Whatever that parameter is will flash on the screen along with the red background. VE, MAP, etc.....it's normal operation.

Jeff

Tre'
'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

Tre_11 FLHX

hrdtail,
Might be because I was stopped so I could shoot a pic of the screen.  If that doesn't make sense, then I'll guess with you.

Tre'

Jamie Long

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on September 07, 2012, 08:42:15 PM
Jamie are there lamba based maps for cable drive bikes or are fbw bikes the ones who gets the good stuff.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

The tune items vary by build/version level, you can update your tune thru WinPv to show the latest tables. There are going to be more tables in the TBW bikes as they are related to throttle blade etc.. but most of the other stuff is exposed in the cable bike cal's as well. As far as the fuel table itself you can easily switch between AFR and Lambda in WinPv.

Jamie Long

Quote from: Tre_11 FLHX on September 08, 2012, 09:59:27 AM

So far I'm pleased!

Tre'

The red screen will flash as data is filtered, and the display varies based on which Mode you are in Auto Logger (Auto Tune mode) Glad to hear it is working well for you :)

Jamie Long

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 08, 2012, 08:24:03 PM
I'm I reading correctly?  821 idle at 46.5kpa?  That's quit a bit of load.  Why is the curser on 50?

Display wise the tracer interpolates the columns and cells, it is simply using the ECM data bus. Nothing wrong with idle Kpa in the 40's, however we do not generally set idle below 950 RPM.