May 09, 2024, 01:57:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Power Vision questions

Started by BVHOG, August 16, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

Quote from: Jamie Long on January 02, 2013, 08:46:20 AM
Quote from: rbabos on December 28, 2012, 07:33:01 PM
I'm confused, again. :scratch:
There is mention of a LOG VIEWER.  It never came on the cd. Do I need to download this program as well. All I got was the WinPV.
Ron

PV Log Tuner software is available from http://www.dynojet.com/PowerVision/powervision-software-firmware-downloads.aspx?ProdType=Power%20Vision, however I highly recommend using the newer Auto Tune/log tuning features right on the PV display. You can view live data and hits right on the PV screen including +/- % correction, corrected VE, and you also have the ability to apply corrections directly to your calibration. Both Dynojet and Fuel Moto are working on videos that go over this process. There is documentation that goes thru the automated tuning process at http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/Support-Released/Power%20Vision/Manuals/PVAutoTune.01.pdf
Thanks Jammie. Found it on the web site prior to your post.
Ron

rbabos

Quote from: Jamie Long on January 02, 2013, 08:39:15 AM
Quote from: rbabos on December 29, 2012, 11:24:45 AM
What does that little red button do on the right top side of the unit do?
Ron

The red button puts the unit in bootloader/recovery mode. This is generally not used.
So, how and when does it come into play. In all honesty, I did poke at it a couple of times to see what it did when I was hooked up to the pc.  Nothing happened that I could see.
Ron

joe_lyons

Now i cant remember for sure but i remember when i installed my first one when they came out and then shortly there after they had a critical update and i used it when i did that update.

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

hdmanillac

Just a suggestion of improvement :

Would it be possible to access "accel enrichment multiplier" and "decel enleanment multiplier" from quick tune ?

Just like "idle rpm ader".

:idea:
2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

rbabos

Quote from: hdmanillac on January 05, 2013, 11:12:05 PM
Just a suggestion of improvement :

Would it be possible to access "accel enrichment multiplier" and "decel enleanment multiplier" from quick tune ?

Just like "idle rpm ader".

:idea:
These are all accessable once the cal is imported from the unit to WinPV.
Ron

joe_lyons

I think he was talking about just from the unit.

Kblhd

I am a new user of the PV. Just purchased it from FM. I have used the setup menu and made new files for tunes, stock, log but I am having trouble saving a tune to the tune file. When I click on save it comes up as Power Vision not Tunes. Any suggestions? 

hdmanillac

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on January 06, 2013, 08:30:12 AM
I think he was talking about just from the unit.

You're right ! Quick Tune is made to set up the map directely from the unit.

:up:
2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

Fire-Medic

Quote from: Kblhd on January 06, 2013, 09:21:31 AM
I am a new user of the PV. Just purchased it from FM. I have used the setup menu and made new files for tunes, stock, log but I am having trouble saving a tune to the tune file. When I click on save it comes up as Power Vision not Tunes. Any suggestions?

You can name it whatever you want and save it in the folder of your choice. You have to make sure the file you want to save is the one that is active, then click file, save as, and when the window pops up, you pick what file to save it to and you can name it whatever you would like.

rbabos

Reading on how to set up autotune and ran accross something . It says if you have a v rod that the temp settings need to be changed. Any idea on what the numer in C should be to put in there? Secondly, ok,  so I do it and run an autotune session, export the file, reload it and choose another autotune session on this file, do I need to set the temp again or does it remember?
Ron

joe_lyons

It remembers unless you use a different map

rbabos

joe_lyons

And i think the vrod would ne ok with the temps set at 75 to 115 or so

hrdtail78

Quote from: rbabos on January 07, 2013, 04:40:03 PM
Reading on how to set up autotune and ran accross something . It says if you have a v rod that the temp settings need to be changed. Any idea on what the numer in C should be to put in there? Secondly, ok,  so I do it and run an autotune session, export the file, reload it and choose another autotune session on this file, do I need to set the temp again or does it remember?
Ron

Vrods have different temps.   

"4.6.
Collecting VTune Data
Once the vehicle is warmed up and ready, all the indicators will turn green and you are ready to ride and collect your VTune data. The "green" temperature will vary based on the model that is selected:

Big Twin = 75 to 155 °C (167 to 311 °F)

VRSC = 85 to 120 °C (185 to 248 °F)

Sportster = 145 to 230 °C (293 to 446 °F)"

Read over your TTS manual and set the temps to what it suggests.  Like we have talked about before.  More cells, with less room.
Semper Fi

rbabos

Quote from: hrdtail78 on January 07, 2013, 09:54:36 PM
Quote from: rbabos on January 07, 2013, 04:40:03 PM
Ron

Vrods have different temps.   

"4.6.
Collecting VTune Data
Once the vehicle is warmed up and ready, all the indicators will turn green and you are ready to ride and collect your VTune data. The "green" temperature will vary based on the model that is selected:

Big Twin = 75 to 155 °C (167 to 311 °F)

VRSC = 85 to 120 °C (185 to 248 °F)

Sportster = 145 to 230 °C (293 to 446 °F)"

Read over your TTS manual and set the temps to what it suggests.  Like we have talked about before.  More cells, with less room.
Thanks for the temps .
Ron

Kblhd

Fire - medic
Thanks started new files under My documents and it works thanks

Fire-Medic

Quote from: Kblhd on January 08, 2013, 07:39:04 PM
Fire - medic
Thanks started new files under My documents and it works thanks

No sweat it was still fresh in my mind because I had just done it, lol.

upnorthbiker

Hi,
Sorry if this is a stupid question but this screen is not shown in the Adobe document PVAutotune.01.pdf.
Ok, so Ive run an Auto tune basic session, exported the tune and now am going through the screens to flash this tune to the ECU, then the following question is asked before flashing the tune can proceed,
" Do you want to reset learned FUEL TRIM values ? "
" This is necessary ONLY if youve changed any Air-Fuel related parameters"
      YES       NO
So, do I press YES or NO ?

Thanks,
Jeff

joe_lyons

Did you change any of the tables in the afr table.  If not then no.   

upnorthbiker

Hi Joe,
No changes to the AFR, Ive just exported the learned map to a slot then wanted to flash this map to the ECU.
Thanks for your help.
Jeff

delta

The way I understood it was that if you have done an autotuning run then your VE tables have changed. This is a parameter that affects fuel. I reset the fuel trims when asked.

Ken R

Quote from: delta on January 14, 2013, 03:47:47 PM
The way I understood it was that if you have done an autotuning run then your VE tables have changed. This is a parameter that affects fuel. I reset the fuel trims when asked.

Me, too.  It'll learn them again.  Since the VE's have changed, it NEEDS to relearn.  At least that's how I understand it. 

If I was changing something like idle speed, throttle by wire settings, or any other parameter in the ECM with the flash, I'd select "No". 

Ken

joe_lyons

Ohh ya ur right my bad.  Its not cool not getting to tune bikes anymore you start to forget about stuff. 

Jamie Long

Anytime you have made a change to the VE table or or are changing calibrations you need to reset the learned fuel trims as long term fuel trims (more specifically AFF/AFV) are stored in memory, not the calibration itself. 

rbabos

Quote from: Jamie Long on January 15, 2013, 08:53:21 AM
Anytime you have made a change to the VE table or or are changing calibrations you need to reset the learned fuel trims as long term fuel trims (more specifically AFF/AFV) are stored in memory, not the calibration itself.
I'm somewhat confused on that part. The way I read it, if you select autotune the fuel trims are reset automatically, are they not?
If not, should the fuel trims be reset on each autotune session since the ve's have changed prior or reset only if the ve changes were done manually? Why the warning? Shouldn't the afv be reset anyway prior to the next autotune session?
Ron