May 05, 2024, 02:29:39 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

FN Harley Riders

Started by the Grump, February 01, 2009, 07:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RK101

Some of us unfortunately just need to get over our bad self. I wonder what he would have done if your buddy would have said yes I do mind. IMHO If you have to worry about what someone else owns or is riding your probably not enjoying yours enough.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

Coyote

We rode the the CA state HOG rally two years ago. I buddy and I were out riding just east of Fresno and ran into this guy at an intersection. He warned us we should move on as there was a whole bunch of Cushman riders coming that way. And sure enough, a few minutes later there must have been 100 of them coming down the road. It was too funny to see!

kik

I've had quite a few Jap bike and harleys. But you're right I always get some wannabe shooting his mouth off when I'm riding the jap bikes. I had an incident one time like yours where I pulled into the next space. I got off and locked the bike up, the guy told me I couldn't park my jap crap next to his harley and to move it. I told him if he wanted it moved he'd have to move it himself, I just stood there waiting for whatever he was going to do. He called me an A-hole, got on his bike and moved it to the other side of the parking lot. I just amazes me about the mentality of some of these people.

panther55

My first bike was a 1956 cushman eaqle, then a 1971 Moto Guzzi ambassador and finally my first Harley was a 1961 chopped sportster.

Hammerit-

LOL.
I would have embarrassed him in front of his old lady...then kicked his bike over.

So much pent up aggression...Why does none of this ever happen to me...dang it!
Hammerit-

Scurvy

Maybe his wife's first harley and she had a habit of dropping it so he was just looking out for the guy?
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

Redleg

Situation like this calls for the tour pack monkey....

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

mayor

Quote from: Scurvy on February 02, 2009, 01:06:49 PM
Maybe his wife's first harley and she had a habit of dropping it so he was just looking out for the guy?

...that's what my thought was too.  Maybe the wife (or even him) is a nervous rider who tightens up when others are close to their personal space.
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Tsani

Quote from: the Grump on February 01, 2009, 07:54:09 PM
I've been riding Harleys for over 25 years now (Sporty, Shovel, Road King) and crap like what I'm about to tell ya really pisses me off. I've got this buddy who happened upon this good deal on a Honda Shadow. His first bike, so he's still learnin' takin it easy, still on his permit. He's out somewhere today and pulls up beside this clown and his old lady. The guy has a new Road King, the woman has a Sporty matching I might add tried to make them look a like. My buddy pulls up in the space beside their space. The guy asks him if he wouldn't mind moving it. Thats right he doesn't want the Honda next to his bike. My Buddy thinks he's kidding and the guy keeps it up, he ain't kidding. I dont know why, I guess he didn't want the hassle he moved it. I would loved to have been there. This DICK probably just bought those bikes now hes Johnny hardass biker. I've known too many. Go to the Harley shop and buy three of everything. Harley underwear too. I'd have called him on that one. Who didn't start on a jap bike?? Not to many I know of. If you're reading this DICK maybe you should, on second thougth I'm sure you're not, probably at homereading your GQ magazine.

I really don't care what someone rides, unless they are being a dick and I have met a bunch on Harleys too. But, that being said, I don't really care for people I don't know sharing my space in my lane. You don't really make it clear exactly if your bud was simply in another lane or parking sapce, in which case the guy was a dick. But I have noticed these days that a fair amount of riders will pull up next you in your lane, even passing you in your lane, esp. if they are on a ricer. I was taught that was verboten! Been riding for 42 years myself. Seen a lot of changes, not all good. Sorry to hear your pal had a bad experience. Word of advise, you said he's beginner on his permit. He might want to avoid pulling up along side another rider for a spell. Not only could the unexpected happen with him but he might not be able to recover from a move the other guy makes. Seen it happen.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Tsani

Oh, and as side note, it not just the Harley riders either. I have dealt with similar attitiude from other brands. The dicks are everywhere.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Sonny S.

It's that kinda AHOLE that makes me wanna borrow a Honda Rebel for a weekend    :angry:

JamLazyAss

And the winner is..............

Tour Pac Monkey !  Way to go Red  :up:

Are you back from Florida suffering with the snow?

I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

don2833

I started on a vespa 150, had a hella of a good time. Worked my way to an ultra.  We should release the flying monkeys on him

Don2833

Panzer

February 02, 2009, 03:37:02 PM #38 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:40:30 PM by Panzer
As Hammerit said:
I would have embarrassed him in front of his old lady...then kicked his bike over.

So much pent up aggression...Why does none of this ever happen to me...dang it!

And second place goes to "HAMMERIT". :up: :up:
Simmer down Hammer, were saving you for the group ride.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

PoorUB

February 02, 2009, 04:17:03 PM #39 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:19:29 PM by PoorUB
Quote from: hdpegscraper on February 01, 2009, 08:43:53 PM
Attitudes like that is why I dont go on any HOG rides any more.

Sounds like you have a bad HOG chapter! I belong to the local HOG, granted other brands are not welcome at HOG sponsered rides, but your HD is not welcome at the Gold Wing "Wing Ding" either! On the other hand, the guys I ride with, that belong to HOG, welcome friends with other brands on non-HOG rides. Many of our local members own other brands of bikes, but they don't ride them on HOG rides.

Don't knock HOG for not allowing other brands, if they did allow anyone, it would not be HOG anymore, (Harley Owners Group). It would be just some other generic motorcycle club. On the other hand if HOG don't fit you, or you don't fit HOG, no problem, ride with the group you like!

I bet your HD is not welcome with the Cushman riders mentioned earlier either! Damn Cushman riders!!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

hdpegscraper

Poor,... Ya, I know your right and I shouldnt have generalized, but that was the impression I got from the HOGers around here.

Redleg

Quote from: JamLazyAss on February 02, 2009, 02:48:03 PM
And the winner is..............

Tour Pac Monkey !  Way to go Red  :up:

Are you back from Florida suffering with the snow?

Nope I'm still in the Key's, I'm staying down here until the 18th and then we're going up to the Tampa area for a bit and then over to St Augustine.. So I'm still riding..... ;D

Redleg

Maybe we could get this guy to park next to this guy, its a Harley... :potstir:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Flat Dog

I'm not sure I understand-the buddy on the jap bike pulled up next to them in their lane, or he was in his own lane, and they asked him to move?

Someone pulls up next to me in my lane, and I am not cool with that no matter what they are riding. Just not cool.

the Grump

Just so its clear. It's PARKING spaces I'm talking about. Like this Jerk owns the parking lot. And for those of you that said it, sure there are dicks everywhere. I was at a party once at a guys house that owned a Honda Dealership. I got alot of razzin' that night. They are entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong they are.

Princess Butt

Sometimes, the worst part about riding a Harley is dealing with Harley people.

I have a funny story about this whole parking lot situation. There's a spot at the office I always park in, next to the dumpster here at work. It's a spot which is about 1 1/2 the size of a normal spot. Some guy here rides a Honda, and he wouldn't park in the same spot as me, although there's more than enough room.

One day I asked him about it, and he didn't want to offend me. I told him that his Nighthawk 750 has a lot more in common with my Harley than the average minivan. He got it, and he always parks next to me if he has the chance.

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

J-Carr

Some people are just jerks.  Some guy parked his bike so close to my wife's out in Milwaukee at 105th Cluster F#@$ that she couldn't stand her bike up to get it out.  He pulled in right after her and there wasn't room for a second bike.  Period.  Parking was at a premium and she paked about half a mile separate from me.  I guess he figured the little 5 foot tall blonde couldn't do anything about it.  He was right.  I guess he figured she didn't have a husband who believes the golden rule is do unto others worse then they do unto you.  He was wrong. I went and moved her bike to a safe location.  How you may ask.  I picked up d!@heads black streetglide and rolled it out into traffic. Hmmm.  Yea he locked the steering but it rolled nicely in a lockered curve until it looked like it was just parked illegally blocking traffic.  Then I pulled her bike out and away and found a safe spot elsewhere.  Before I could get back and repark his bike I saw some flashing lights.  Guess he got towed.  Too bad so sad.  Jerks deserve to be treated just the way they treat others.  BTW, if the owner of the black street glide who got their bike towed at the Bruce concert at the 105th reads this forum and would like to have a chat, just PM me.  :angry:

The fact is most non-riders lump bikers together and the behavior of the rude arrogant Harley guy, the crazy ass stunt adrenilin junkie on a crotch rocket or the wannabe guy who no club will take but still wants to dress and act like a gang memeber all give us a bad name.  I'm sure your friend was just trying to avoid a confrontation.  It's a shame he didn't have some backup to tell that jerk that your friend on the Honda is more of a biker then the ass on RK and his wife.  :gob:

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin Nemo Dresser
Auburn, PA

frito1

I encourage any bike (that will stay vertical) to be parked near my bagger.  My bike usually is so dirty that any other bike in the immediate area looks way nicer than mine and therefore makes mine less of a target for theft.  Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

s-r-t
"frito"  '11 FLHTP
www.eddiekieger.com

takwolf

February 09, 2009, 02:52:13 PM #48 Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:05:46 PM by takwolf
I will admit I've never owned a jap bike, started out on a BSA, several other Beezers, a Triumph, then a Sporty, and finally my Dyna. But, I've ridden with a lot of cool people with jap bikes. I have my Harley, not because I think they're the best, but because it's just what I want. I've run into a few of these, "If it aint Harley, it aint $ht", people, and most of them haven't been riding long, they just wannabe a bad-ass biker. I get a kick when they DO get around some truely bad-ass bikers and you can see em' pissing themselves. LOL I did have some Harley jerk pull-up next to me in the same lane, he split lanes to get next to me. You could tell he hadn't been riding long, and said "Hey Bro". I told him he wasn't my "Bro". Kinda confused him.
"RIDE WITH THE WIND"

Sailor285

Ya Just can't fix STUPID!!!!!!

Dan