May 05, 2024, 03:38:00 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

FN Harley Riders

Started by the Grump, February 01, 2009, 07:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Grump

I've been riding Harleys for over 25 years now (Sporty, Shovel, Road King) and crap like what I'm about to tell ya really pisses me off. I've got this buddy who happened upon this good deal on a Honda Shadow. His first bike, so he's still learnin' takin it easy, still on his permit. He's out somewhere today and pulls up beside this clown and his old lady. The guy has a new Road King, the woman has a Sporty matching I might add tried to make them look a like. My buddy pulls up in the space beside their space. The guy asks him if he wouldn't mind moving it. Thats right he doesn't want the Honda next to his bike. My Buddy thinks he's kidding and the guy keeps it up, he ain't kidding. I dont know why, I guess he didn't want the hassle he moved it. I would loved to have been there. This DICK probably just bought those bikes now hes Johnny hardass biker. I've known too many. Go to the Harley shop and buy three of everything. Harley underwear too. I'd have called him on that one. Who didn't start on a jap bike?? Not to many I know of. If you're reading this DICK maybe you should, on second thougth I'm sure you're not, probably at homereading your GQ magazine.

someday69

It's a real good thing you were'nt with him,,,there would'ave been fire works,,,then again,,maybe it would have taught that sob a lesson...Nay..they never learn...
                                                                           some people stay stupid there whole lives....but that really dont' happen very much I hope,,,cause I see lots of harley groups talk'in with the ricers all the time...

jimrookie

I hear you that is a bunch of crap, I don't care what any one rides
one of my favorite riding partners rides a Yamaha and he rides harder and smarter than many of the Harley guys

truck

Are you talking about a parking space or on the road sharing the same lane at a stop?
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Coyote

Two wheels it two wheels to me. I may not chose to ride what someone else is but I'll talk, wave and help them on the road, just the same.

bouncingVman

February 01, 2009, 08:16:58 PM #5 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:54:34 AM by bouncingVman
One word... EGO.... nothing else matters to some people... I've had that happen to me more than once when I was still riding jap bikes. There always has to be one asshple somewhere. I could tell y'all one thing... it wouldn't be me doing that to someone else.... regardless what their ride was.

-BVM
"Todd"
(Northern Iowa; United States)

Puzzled

I still get that often as I STILL own jap bikes also.

Just before selling my Turbo Hayabusa I strolled into the local HD dealership for a voltage regulator for my Bagger. A couple of guys on HD's just totally blew me off. The service guys were sitting outside laughing their a$$e$ off as they know the other bikes I own. What meatheads these two guys were.

As posted already, two wheels is two wheels. Better yet for the trike guys also, "knees in the breeze".

Dennis The Menace

Thought you said it was a "guy" on a Roadking......sounds like a pussy to me..... wasnt no man, for sure.  F him.

Yepp, I started on a Cushman, and a Yamaha...finally a Harley when I grew up.  lol

menace

hdpegscraper

Attitudes like that is why I dont go on any HOG rides any more. I would rather ride with people that ride because they enjoy motorcycling, and not those that buy a bike to show they are better than others.

Puzzled

Quote from: Dennis The Menace on February 01, 2009, 08:39:36 PM
Thought you said it was a "guy" on a Roadking......sounds like a "potty mouth! " to me..... wasnt no man, for sure.  F him.

Yepp, I started on a Cushman, and a Yamaha...finally a Harley when I grew up.  lol

menace

Man a Cushman, cool. :up:

Bigs

I've been riding for a while and so far nobody ever hassled me for not riding a Harley and I met up with a lot of Harley guys in the past. I got 2 Harleys now and I even wave at the guys on scooters if they wave at me. I just look at it as 2 wheel brothers on the road no matter what they ride. No, I don't wave at bicyclists.
   Bigs

03rdkng

Quote from: Coyote on February 01, 2009, 08:05:55 PM
Two wheels it two wheels to me. I may not chose to ride what someone else is but I'll talk, wave and help them on the road, just the same.
Unless it is two guys on matching BMWs with matching helmets and leather jump suits.
I had to go.

82fxrstroker

That kind of attitude will eventually catch up to him in way he doesn't like.  I think he should of had a Shadow parked in his arse.

jaxhog

My son rides rice because of the money, better be careful who you tell to move, he was a nationaly ranked boxer a few years ago, and spent 4 years in the military.  Not sure how he would have handled that but pretty sure his bike would have stayed parked! :smiled:  jax

starrider

My first bike in the 60s was a 305cc Honda Superhawk...no msf schools ...no mc license in those days...or helmet. Before that...a Vespa...

lonegoosehonking

I started on a 71 cl100Honda. Bike got Stolen so I bought a 72 tc125 Suzuki. Was in High school didn't have alot of cash. Then I picked up a 71 Triumph 650 it was a 5 speed model. Sold it and at 18 Picked up a 1950 Panhead . Have ridden HD all these years and picked up some other bikes also. Rode dirt bikes with my kids, Competed in Trials also. HD is my favorite even though I marvel at some of the other bikes that are available. If it was my Honda I wouldn't have moved an inch. Not till the a hole touched my bike then I would have clobbered him. Lots of a holes out there but what I have found is that a person that really rides doesn't give a flip what others ride. Thats me .

Redleg

It don't matter what ya ride, what matters is ya ride..... :duel:

Big Dan

February 02, 2009, 04:36:59 AM #17 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 05:06:13 AM by Big Dan
My bagger stayed stock for the first season. I pulled in to get gas once, and there they were. Mr. and Mrs. Harley Davidson their very own selves, right off the cover of the book. Brand new Heritage, chrome everything, fringe and conchos everywhere, big stupid looking pipes, matching fringed jackets, the whole nine yards. I get off the bike, and the woman kinda looks down her nose with a real smug look about herself and says "Pfft... well that's nice and quiet." I just smiled, winked at her, and said "the loud one's at home." You shoulda seen here face fall. I just shook my head, pumped my gas, and chuckled halfway home.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

tireater

I wish I was on the Jap bike...I would of adjusted his attitute...I love my Suzuki supermoto...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: 03rdkng on February 01, 2009, 09:49:15 PM
Unless it is two guys on matching BMWs with matching helmets and leather jump suits.
I had to go.

Those two guys on the BMWs sound an aweful lot like 95% of Harley riders... harley helmet, jeans, shirt, vest, boots, jacket, gloves, goggles, doo-rag and probably underwear too.  LOL   :teeth:

RVN73

I don't mind if a Jap bike parks next to me , It just makes my bike look that much better.

Coyote

Quote from: 03rdkng on February 01, 2009, 09:49:15 PM
I had to go.

I've got two BMW's in the garage too. One for me, one for the wife. Only get waves from about half as many when I'm on that bike.  :emsad:

CraigArizona85248

February 02, 2009, 06:50:37 AM #22 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:54:26 AM by CraigArizona85248
Quote from: Coyote on February 02, 2009, 06:46:22 AM
I've got two BMW's in the garage too. One for me, one for the wife. Only get waves from about half as many when I'm on that bike.  :emsad:

LOL... I'll wave at you if I see you Keith.  But only on the two lane roads... I don't bother to wave at anyone 6 lanes away on the other side of the freeway.   :hyst:

Oh... and regarding the original post... holy cow... what a nim-rod.  The guy on the RoadKing must have the littlest pecker on the planet if he's gotta act like that.

-Craig

Big Dan

Damn... another story. Da bride and I were in the van, and came upon 2 BMW's pulled off to the side, and the riders (a male and a female) were indeed in the gaudy matching suits. We stop, and I ask "everything okay?" The guy, smiles real big, and in this thick German/Austrian accent says (more like yells) "Yess! Ve are Fine! Just taking a break! Sanks for Stopping!!!" Lol- I about died. He sounded just like Ahnold.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

03rdkng

I talk and wave to all. The BMW fellows wanted to ride me, I mean ride with me.
Something about the mauve (I shouldn't be able to spell that color) jump suits. :wtf: