Introduction from Twolane

Started by Twolanerider, February 02, 2009, 12:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoist!

Quote from: Twolanerider on February 04, 2009, 06:08:43 PM
Quote from: Florida Marine on February 04, 2009, 05:52:12 PM
hmmm...might be officially releasing Friday and might have heard already from the Deputy Commanding General (and my old boss in Iraq, and the CG's aide and my buddy who has the list), but its really bad form, and break in tradition to release good news early...so Friday. 

But, I am in a really, really, really good mood since yesterday when I had to go see the Dep CG at 1500, and even before that when I got a call from my old boss, and talking to my buddy who has the list.

Not that I am saying anything...

Sean

Understand completely that when you just don't know yet, hey, you just don't know yet.  Patience is a virtue.  Etc etc etc.

Just realized something.  Been to a few of the white barf shoe variety.  But is the Jarhead variant also a Wetting Down?  Or just a big assed party?

At least he's a RK Jarhead, not a FD Jarhead!!! :teeth: :wink:

Hoist! :smiled:
"I just want to be free! Free to ride my machine and not be hassled by the man!"

Sc00ter

Quote from: Hoist! on February 04, 2009, 06:12:06 PM
hmmm...might be officially releasing Friday and might have heard already from the Deputy Commanding General (and my old boss in Iraq, and the CG's aide and my buddy who has the list), but its really bad form, and break in tradition to release good news early...so Friday. 

But, I am in a really, really, really good mood since yesterday when I had to go see the Dep CG at 1500, and even before that when I got a call from my old boss, and talking to my buddy who has the list.

Sean

Understand completely that when you just don't know yet, hey, you just don't know yet.  Patience is a virtue.  Etc etc etc.

Just realized something.  Been to a few of the white barf shoe variety.  But is the Jarhead variant also a Wetting Down?  Or just a big assed party?

If there is a promotion in the wind - one could infer increased skills, abilities, smarts, etc.  So there is hope for Sean evolving to an FD Jarhead.  You, on the other hand....

J-Carr

Here Here Scott!  :wink:

This FD phobia that some, who shall not be hoisted out in front of everyone, have must be tough to live with.  Me, I embrace my inner geezer and enjoy the heck out of my fairing every time I get on my bike!

Good Luck Sean.  Keep us posted.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin Nemo Dresser
Auburn, PA

Hoist!

Quote from: Sc00ter on February 04, 2009, 06:14:59 PM

If there is a promotion in the wind - one could infer increased skills, abilities, smarts, etc.  So there is hope for Sean evolving to an FD Jarhead.  You, on the other hand....

HeHe!!! yep, not smart, not evolving, AND.............................NOT GETTING A FD!!! :smileo: :wink:

"I just want to be free! Free to ride my machine and not be hassled by the man!"

Twolanerider

Think about it Scott.  Sean and Howie.  Jarhead and Butthead.  Really, it's not a hard choice :hyst: .

Hoist!

Quote from: Twolanerider on February 04, 2009, 06:20:42 PM

Think about it Scott.  Sean and Howie.  Jarhead and Butthead.  Really, it's not a hard choice :hyst: .

Do not call an esteemed member of the Great USMC Beavis would ya!!! :P

Sc00ter

Quote from: Hoist! on February 04, 2009, 06:22:42 PM
Quote from: Twolanerider on February 04, 2009, 06:20:42 PM

Do not call an esteemed member of the Great USMC Beavis would ya!!! :P

I've seen how big Sean is...  I'm not calling him anything!!!

Florida Marine

Quote from: Hoist! on February 04, 2009, 06:12:06 PM

Sean

OK - so I was actually looking at UC's...  Like I said on the "other" place - don't go ordering depends for me yet.

I am actually toying with the idea of a 03 UC anny model, that I would build up a SE 103 like the SERK - cuts the log tail for parts and gives me two platforms I know well.  Seeing a HUGE range of prices on them, going to look for a beater and do a frame up on it.

With us potentially moving to VA this summer, winter there allows me to have a bike down for a few months w/o risk of losing riding time.

Rode the SERK in the morning, 27 with windchill was 9...  I was good except for my toes, they still hurt.
Wow - can't fit it in 80 characters...

Hoist!

Quote from: Florida Marine on February 05, 2009, 04:50:00 AM

OK - so I was actually looking at UC's...  Like I said on the "other" place - don't go ordering depends for me yet.

I am actually toying with the idea of a 03 UC anny model, that I would build up a SE 103 like the SERK - cuts the log tail for parts and gives me two platforms I know well.  Seeing a HUGE range of prices on them, going to look for a beater and do a frame up on it.

With us potentially moving to VA this summer, winter there allows me to have a bike down for a few months w/o risk of losing riding time.

Rode the SERK in the morning, 27 with windchill was 9...  I was good except for my toes, they still hurt.

Think you've been talking to miker a lil too much, and now you're losing your marbles too! :teeth: :wink:

Florida Marine

Quote from: Hoist! on February 05, 2009, 05:18:53 AM
Quote from: Florida Marine on February 05, 2009, 04:50:00 AM

Think you've been talking to miker a lil too much, and now you're losing your marbles too! :teeth: :wink:

Just increasing my depth of knowledge...  Some of us mature

Hoist!

Quote from: Florida Marine on February 05, 2009, 05:22:53 AM

Just increasing my depth of knowledge...  Some of us mature

HeHe!!! That's what worries me!!! :teeth: :smileo:

Miker

Ahh chaaa! Even that head can get around it Howie...I see they put a new icon on for you, great site and fits well. :bob:
You can only type in so many characters here before it will not allow any more t

Hoist!

HeHe!!! Been thinking about it Mike! What'cha think? :smileo: :teeth:

Hoist! :bob:

Miker

Who me?  You know I have no opinions unless it is about booze or cigars, bikes is bikes...
You can only type in so many characters here before it will not allow any more t

Puzzled

I was reading the thread and realized I was on the second page and haven't given my "Shout out" to twolanerider yet. :embarrassed: So there it is. :teeth:

Sc00ter

Quote from: Miker on February 05, 2009, 05:31:34 AM
Ahh chaaa! Even that head can get around it Howie...I see they put a new icon on for you, great site and fits well. :gob:

That is to funny...  I sent Twolane and Hoist the same message in a pm last night....  It's perfect - it doesn't stop talking for a nanosecond either!  And no hair, skinny arms, boots....hehe

Florida Marine

Quote from: Miker on February 05, 2009, 05:50:23 AM
Who me?  You know I have no opinions unless it is about booze or cigars, bikes is bikes...

you forgot guns...and steak, gotta have opinions about those also.

Twolanerider

Quote from: Puzzled on February 05, 2009, 06:05:28 AM
I was reading the thread and realized I was on the second page and haven't given my "Shout out" to twolanerider yet. :embarrassed: So there it is. :teeth:

Thank you sir.  Greatly appreciated.  Right back at ya too!

Miker

Quote from: Florida Marine on February 05, 2009, 08:39:27 AM
Quote from: Miker on February 05, 2009, 05:50:23 AM

you forgot guns...and steak, gotta have opinions about those also.

I do, I do...Of guns, it is easy and I am sure we all are in accord with the fact that one can never have too many.

Of steak, dry aged and prime.

iski

Are there any opinions about boobs here? 

Miker

I generally accept boobage period, there are however circumstances where boobage would even frighten the Major..

Sc00ter

Quote from: Miker on February 05, 2009, 11:15:21 AM
I generally accept boobage period, there are however circumstances where boobage would even frighten the Major..

errr...  Lt. Colonel isn't it?????      :wtf:

Miker

I guess that it would be Friday if it were to happen...That would be the soonest it would be known as it is bad mojo to know before it is time to know, it is the gobberment, hurry up and wait dammit...

Hoist!

Ruh Roh, I'm detecting a pattern here!!! :nix: :nix:

Hoist! :gob:

Florida Marine

Quote from: Sc00ter on February 05, 2009, 11:18:40 AM
Quote from: Miker on February 05, 2009, 11:15:21 AM

errr...  Lt. Colonel isn't it?????      :wtf:

where? rules permit acknowledgment tomorrow...