May 05, 2024, 03:14:48 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HR 45

Started by Phu Cat, February 08, 2009, 08:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultrashovel

UK has 17% moslems who want Sharia law. They have given up their guns. They are lost. We may be close behind them.

apes

,,,,NRA, Just joined again

Ultrashovel

I just re-upped. If you care about your right to keep and bear arms, it's the only help you'll get. Obama and Holder want your guns. So does Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer and California and Bobby Rush, Dick Durbin and all of the Illinois crew.

Oh, yeah, next time you are thinking about hauling off and pounding your wife in the head for something she said that bothered you, just have another beer and go lie down. The Supreme Court just ruled that the law preventing gun ownership for perpetrators of domestic violence, whether misdemeanor or felony level, are prohibited federally (and therefore ultimately by states) from owning firearms.

This caused all sorts of problems for police officers in California who had formerly been convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence. They were no longer permitted to carry or own weapons. Many lost their jobs and others were demoted to desk jobs. Complaints that this was an ex-post facto law (punishing people for past behavior with a new law) were overcome. It's been held that it's not a criminal law but rather civil so not therefore ex-post facto (prohibited by the US. Constitution).

So don't punch her out. Bring the little lady some flowers, take her out to dinner, say something nice about her mother, let her use your credit cards more often....you get the idea.

Skullfork

Something else I didn't realize about this POS HR45 bill after watching a recent Glenn Beck show, is that you'll also have to provide a copy of all your medical records to the government ...

Panzer

Way to go Apes, you also Evil-Eagle and the rest.  :up: :up:
It's for our own and our love ones good not forgetting our freedom too.
:wink:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Sportsterboy

I just re-upped my NRA membership.  Had let it lapse a few years ago.  I think we are in for quite a fight in Washington...... :potstir:

BrianK

Where do you see anything about providing medical records?

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-45

Ultrashovel

Quote from: BrianK on February 26, 2009, 07:26:39 PM
Where do you see anything about providing medical records?

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-45

Ths only reference to medical records I saw is:

102 (A) (8) an authorization by the applicant to release to the Attorney General or an authorized representative of the Attorney General any mental health records pertaining to the applicant;

Also, warrantless searches of commercial locations will be used if the rules are passed.......

SEC. 403. INSPECTIONS.

In order to ascertain compliance with this Act, the amendments made by this Act, and the regulations and orders issued under this Act, the Attorney General may, during regular business hours, enter any place in which firearms or firearm products are manufactured, stored, or held, for distribution in commerce, and inspect those areas where the products are so manufactured, stored, or held.

Nice.

Skullfork

February 26, 2009, 08:04:13 PM #83 Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 08:10:12 PM by Evil-Eagle
I saw the medical record thing on the Glenn Beck show, so I checked you tube and found a clip from the show. Here it is and the medical part is at the 2:15 mark on the video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbVMZ2ufmSA

03rdkng

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-tosses-cold-water-on-reviving-assault-weapon-ban-2009-02-26.html

Pelosi and Reed are saying no to more control, right now, it would seem.
They remember the result of the last ban.

apes

Not to prolong this thread and I do not want  or to get too political BUT, IF they pased any restrctive gun legislation before the next 2012 re election "all" the NRA members would be voting for the "Otherside" and Obama would be out as president.    IF they waited until after the next election when Obama will most likely run again and if he won, they could pass it early during his next term.  If passed early enough They could take advantage of the fact that Americans have a short memory ( except when it comes to Hanoi Jane ) and by the time the 2016 election came around, whatever happened early in 2013 would be a fading memory and the Demos wold have a better chance of electing another president.  If the subject of gun control came up duting  the campaign, they could blame it on Obama...

Ultrashovel

I don't have a short memory. Maybe some do. I will remember every last thing that Obama said.

apes

It wouldn't do me much good to write to the senators or representatives in my state seein' as they are Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein and Nancy Pelozi

Panzer

You have that right Apes.
If the dead horse icon was on here I'd use it.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Ultrashovel

Quote from: apes on March 09, 2009, 07:07:02 PM
It wouldn't do me much good to write to the senators or representatives in my state seein' as they are Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein and Nancy Pelozi

Quite right. As far as I''m concerned, we Californians have no representation in Congress.

Rusty Steel

Quote from: apes on March 09, 2009, 07:07:02 PM
...................................................................... :hyst:
If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

Panzer

Don't forget Schulmer from New York.   <<< That guy is a NO-NO.
Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a hand in the new MC laws there as well.

texaskatfish

"They" wouldn't DARE............would they?

You bet your bippy they would - and ARE!

"Here is a gun ban scheme taking place right now.

I listened to Gun Talk yesterday afternoon on 950 and heard that the Department of Defense has directed brass recyclers to stop loading ammo for resale to among others, law enforcement, and is forcing them to shred the cases. This makes the brass usless for anything but melting and who is buying this? China. So, the govt gets 20% of the money they could have had, ammo prices to LE and the public, and eventually the military, go up, ammo remanufactures cut American jobs, and American resources go to China.

That is change I knew would happen.

Here is a link to the letter from the DoD to the ammo companies.

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod-ends-sale-of-expended-military.html

I will be making sure my reps know that some idiot in the DoD is costing American jobs."

Katfishovic-locked-and-loaded

Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

Dennis The Menace

While I respect the NRA and all they do, I personally will not re-join.  I was a life member for 10 years, until Wayne LaPierre opened his mouth and called me, my fellow US Military brothers, as well as our nations police force "jackbooted thugs" in 1994.

I renounced my Life membership then, and told NRA I would not be a member of their organization until Mr LaPierre was removed as a part of the organization.  I stand pat. 

Flame me all you want, but it will do no good...until he is gone, tehy wont get any more of my money.  And, not, they did not refund ANY of my Life membership money.

menace

L-

Menace,

Are these the same "brothers" of yours that murdered Randy Weaver's wife as she was unarmed holding a baby.  Same ones that were on their way to "surprise attack" the Branch Davidians and asked directions to someone on the road as to where the place was?  Good thing is knowing there are Life Members of NRA that are law enforcement that turn their backs to some of their so called "brothers".  Be funny if it weren't true. Flames?  No, the flames happened in Waco.

L-

Phu Cat

Bump for gmnerkm.  In response to your question, "I'm not sure it was locked.  Guess it's OK now".

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.