April 27, 2024, 01:48:04 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

02's operation very different between cals

Started by streeter1, July 06, 2013, 08:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

streeter1

July 06, 2013, 08:43:08 AM Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:22:41 AM by streeter1
Finished up Vtuning and so I thought the bike ran great.........no hiccups at all, no ping good response and overall great running bike. Being this is such a disease.......I could not leave it alone. lol  Decided to log some data to check for any knock. Although, I had no ping. So off I went for a couple of runs. No knock retard, great. But wait, what's this the front 02 is flat lined. (both new as of this tune) they looked okay during my VTune logs.

Replace the front sensor, log in the garage and still crap!!! :scratch: Check the data logs for something a stray VE looks ok, BPW, nothing that appears to be causing it to be lean and the ECM driving it rich (900-1100mv) check for air leaks at the intake and exhaust, good there.

light off time and low speed op for both is slow due to these crappy bung locations, that's next years project.

Now What :emsad: so much for my great my running bike, i feel like just saying screw it with the data, close the laptop and ride!!! It runs that good.....

My current map is DMS176 reset the cu in to 96.............figure I would load a base cal in the ECM and see what happens..........CAA176. light it up and runs not too bad. Take it for spin, a bit sluggish, some knock but it hasn't been tuned.

Now here's the kicker.........the 02 trace is absolutely night and day from my highly tuned lol, 12 Vtuned runs on the DMS176 cal. Great switching and frequency WOW!!!! So much for my failed sensor and tune.

When I look at these two cal's they look similar very similar in VE's they both idle at around 35 to 38kpa. The timing is different along with some other tables, but I can't see anything that would through the 02's off by that much.

I am assuming there is much more hidden data that affects the cal than what is seen, have some of you guys ever come across this with the 02's being so out of wack between cals??? :

96 cable bike
255 cams
dresser duals
4 in slip ons

dog

You give map names but no download of maps to look at?

FLTRI

JUST SO I'm CLEAR. YOU DID A FEW V-TUNES AND THE BIKE RAN FLAWLESSLY, RIGHT?
Then you decided to "Potty mouth" with it and now you are in a quandary as to what to do?

My suggestion is to reload the last calibration you had in the bike when it ran great.
Then ride the bike as normal and see if the run quality changes.

If it does your O2 sensors are not getting quality samples...probably in the low rpm low load areas.
So, if that is the case, reload the tuned cal with that area put into open loop so bad sensing doesn't mess up that running area.

If the run quality doesn't degrade throw your hands in the air and enjoy your great running bike.

Hope this helps,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

streeter1

lol..........potty mouth with the laptop. Yep I ran 12 tunes on it and ran great to my standards..... and still does. But the data log told me the front 02 wasn't responding. Flashed it with another cal and the 02 trace was really good, other than the low speed areas. was just wondering if there is some unknown in the cal that would cause this. Thanks

FLTRI

There are some variables behind the scene especially between MT6&7 vs MT8.
You cannot expect them the behave identical.

Most of the time an O2 sensor doesn't signal is because the mixture is too rich or too lean in that cell area...since you eliminated the exhaust binds as the issue.
Because the other cal signaled ok.

Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open