Started by -SeabrookTrickBagger, February 25, 2009, 06:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Quote from: Airglider on March 16, 2009, 05:34:48 PM
STB,

My "0" cells are:

RPM     500,   750,   1000,   1250,   1500,   1750,   2000,   2250 and up

Alpha N  34,    32,    21.5,    18.0,    15.5,   16.0,    15.0,    13.5 and up

I am running "1" in cells 1750 and up. I had gotten the decel popping under control with these values. I expect I will be massaging the values when my build comes back together. These values are with the 26G at 95".

Any thoughts?

AG

You should have that new build broken in by now.  If so, PM me if you need any help.  We can post any responses or fixes as we discover them.

Seabrook

-SeabrookTrickBagger

For those interested, I posted my DTT TCFI IId map in a separate thread on this topic board.
Seabrook

-SeabrookTrickBagger

I visited with Chris Schroeder yesterday. I asked him a couple of questions about the IId system and fine tuning.  He provided a tip or two.

1.  When I told him about significantly leaning the 0% row above 2000 rpms to a very high AFR such as 15 to 1 or higher, he said in fact you could shut the fuel off entirely in the deceleration circuit.  That is what he said.  He added that the idle RPMs would have to be richened up a bit to keep the engine from stalling if you ended up at idle.  I have not tried this.

2.  He mentioned that the data stored in the BLM does not have to be applied to the Alpha N unless you are near the high or low BLM limits, e.g., 80 or 115, more or less.  I apply them since I go to open loop once I have a good tune. Chris does not go to open loop so applying the BLM is not as imperative to him.

3.  He also mentioned that the system update program, version 3.3.3, is a major improvement to the III ECU in the idle circuit tuning area.  He really touted that new operating system which is for the III ECU and not the IId.  He is sending a III system to me next week.  I will evaluate the 3.3.3 operating system, so we shall see how it goes.

4.  Lastly, I wanted to know if the front trim table increased or decreased fuel at, say, 95 and would 105 increase or decrease front cylinder fuel supply.  95 is 95% of the Alpha N number for the front cylinder, so it decreases the fuel (leans it) and 105 increases the fuel above the alpha n number and richens the front cylinder by 5% above the alpha n number.
Seabrook

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Palm Pilot and Visor tuning

The ability to use a device like the Palm Pilot is a valuable tuning tool.  Approximately 3 data streams can be displayed at the same time with the ability to choose which data streams will be displayed.  If you have a tachometer on your bike, you have a fourth display and the speedometer is a fifth display.  Mount the Palm Pilot and go for a ride.

You can isolate the areas of concern with this device.  For example, you may notice a hesitation off of idle.  Use the Palm Pilot to isolate the problem possibly by displaying Throttle Position, AFR Sensor Front and AFR Sensor Rear.  When you encounter the problem, hold the throttle in the problem area and view the Palm Pilot data.  You might see a wild AFR reading on one or both cylinders, the TPS read will tell you which cell to alter coupled with a tachometer read.  Then make your adjustments to the AFR table or the Alpha N table and/or front cylinder trim table.

Using a Palm Pilot for diagnostics and fine tuning will speed up the fine tuning process.

BTW, if you have a GPS unit, correlate the speed on your GPS with your speedometer.  If the speedometer is inaccurate, make manual adjustments to the VSS in Parameters by increasing or decreasing that number as required to get your speedometer at a very accurate number.  The speedometer is one of the data streams used by the EFI ECU to determine the fuel needs of the engine.
Seabrook