April 28, 2024, 05:48:16 AM

News:

3 different tranny trap doors

Started by No Cents, July 30, 2014, 06:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd

Didn't the helical cut gears show up in 2010 to tame the gear noise (whine) in the 09 trans? If so, would the 09 gears do the job?
KD

hrdtail78

I thought they showed up in 06 dyna's and 07 for the rest.??
Semper Fi

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: kd on August 02, 2014, 12:14:51 PM
Didn't the helical cut gears show up in 2010 to tame the gear noise (whine) in the 09 trans? If so, would the 09 gears do the job?

In 2010 only in 5th gear was changed from straight to helical mainly for the sissies the complained about the noise... 2-4 and layshaft have been helical since the clunk drives came out in 2006.

Max

strokerjlk

Quote from: WideWildGlide on August 02, 2014, 11:20:51 AM
Thanks Ray for the link and im really following this post as i feel the 30,000 miles of abuse is taking its toll on my trans
I have 3 times that mileage on my stock 6 sp . Don't get to nervous.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

WideWildGlide

well i plan to go in it and fresh it up it not as smooth as the newer 6 speeds,i have access to two other bikes 2012's and they work and shift much better then mine and i kinda want that out my 2010's and if my dad buy a baker 7 speed i will just use hes stuff if it will allow,only bug i have is i feel that falls out gear some time or dosnt fully engaged in said gear usually 2-3 shift only seem to do it at the track, i almost got my 124 back together and i plan to follow you with nitrous and do as much my budget/clutch will hold so the trap door was kinda why im in there along with the chain conversion

Eglider05

Slightly off topic....How does the trap door on the SE 6-speed stack up?

Thanks,
Rick

strokerjlk

Quote from: WideWildGlide on August 03, 2014, 09:03:25 AM
well i plan to go in it and fresh it up it not as smooth as the newer 6 speeds,i have access to two other bikes 2012's and they work and shift much better then mine and i kinda want that out my 2010's and if my dad buy a baker 7 speed i will just use hes stuff if it will allow,only bug i have is i feel that falls out gear some time or dosnt fully engaged in said gear usually 2-3 shift only seem to do it at the track, i almost got my 124 back together and i plan to follow you with nitrous and do as much my budget/clutch will hold so the trap door was kinda why im in there along with the chain conversion
Are you using the clutch to shift at the track ?
It's gonna flex if you pull the lever . Don't pull the lever .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

C-Cat

August 03, 2014, 03:14:09 PM #57 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:16:40 PM by C-Cat
Had that on my dyna when I went to 124ci. dogs weren't fully engaging. My neighbor helped my pull the gearset and within seconds he found the problem when shifting it out of the case. He made a recessed shim, installed it and shifted it on his work bench. Now the dogs were fully engaging on the cage. I never had another problem with it popping out of third again.
124ci. 07 Streetbob 161/145
110ci. '11 Roadglide  129/127

N-gin

I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

WideWildGlide

August 03, 2014, 07:14:32 PM #59 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:18:08 PM by WideWildGlide
Stroker
  At the track i have to use clutch from 1st-2nd, but for 2nd-3rd im just now blipping(i guess that the word) the  throttle and shifting with out the clutch, i cant do that between 1-2 as it sometime gets caught  in neutral and i recall it falling out 2nd few times durning these type of launch's on the street, when i switch to nitrous i already own pingle electric shifter that i need too send back to him to get looked at, it has a weak throw now but i just decide to try learn to rely on my skill hand shifting it this year vs last year i rely on the electric shifter mostly, im a amateur and this on local 1/8th track, and thanks for any and all input also i still have auto tenision not welded i know i need to weld it but i usually have to readjust that the next morning from speed shifting

WideWildGlide

Quote from: C-Cat on August 03, 2014, 03:14:09 PM
Had that on my dyna when I went to 124ci. dogs weren't fully engaging. My neighbor helped my pull the gearset and within seconds he found the problem when shifting it out of the case. He made a recessed shim, installed it and shifted it on his work bench. Now the dogs were fully engaging on the cage. I never had another problem with it popping out of third again.
Thank you i will be sure to watch this