May 08, 2024, 08:41:51 PM

News:

S&S 144 engine Specs

Started by HD/Wrench, September 29, 2014, 03:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durwood

groundhog143

October 03, 2014, 07:47:23 AM #51 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:49:42 AM by groundhog144
Templer Best post so far :koolaid:

kd

With Randy and Ray ridin together out of the same neighborhood it's going to be one crazy little corn belt town.  :smiled:  There'll be snaky little black lines all over the streets.  :doh: Could become a tourist attraction.  :teeth:
KD

NCTURBOS

Quote from: torqueinc on October 02, 2014, 03:48:17 PM
I would be interested in seeing a set of B-3 heads tho

Are there specs. listed for these stating any differences compared to B2 heads?

K.
-Boosted 95" B... 160.75-hp & 141.55-tq, 93-octane
-2017 FLTRXS... Stock

sfmichael

Quote from: kd on October 03, 2014, 08:00:02 AM
With Randy and Ray ridin together out of the same neighborhood it's going to be one crazy little corn belt town.  :smiled:  There'll be snaky little black lines all over the streets.  :doh: Could become a tourist attraction.  :teeth:

:up:   :teeth:
Colorado Springs, CO.

joe_lyons

Quote from: NCTURBOS on October 03, 2014, 08:13:25 AM
Quote from: torqueinc on October 02, 2014, 03:48:17 PM
I would be interested in seeing a set of B-3 heads tho

Are there specs. listed for these stating any differences compared to B2 heads?

K.
+1
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

TorQuePimp

2.3 intake   1.8 exhaust  108 CC chamber

May or may not have a pair of heads here after biketoberfest

Provided I do I will post flow numbers BUT they will be on a 4.35 bore.....not sure it makes much difference ill scooch the head over and see.

Guy is selling the 124 B2 headed engine out of his roadking for the 144" mill....he has a warmed over jims 135 in his seeg ....must be fun or funner.....gotta make his thunderheader fit

No Cents

Quote from: Templer on October 03, 2014, 07:04:34 AM
Picture this:
Yamaha  :scoot: rider
"What the F was that?"
:idunno:
:chop:
A  S&S 144 HD Bagger on a "BEER RUN" !!!!
:hyst:

:up:
perfect description!   :wink:
you nailed it.

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

TXChop

Dammit...i log in this site for the first time in months and i have to read this thread. Who has a touring bike for sale?? :potstir:

No Cents

How's it going Dan?
perfect timing to log back in.
Exciting times for the new S&S 144 crate engine.

Ray

gordonr

No confirmation but heard the intake ports were lowered. Maybe Ray can measure it to verify?
"If was easy everyone would do it"

WI Bob

Quote from: kd on October 03, 2014, 08:00:02 AM

I heard this vehicle is already parked by those snaky little black lines on the road. Vultures!  :unsure:
Just here for the women.

TXChop

Quote from: No Cents on October 03, 2014, 05:00:07 PM
How's it going Dan?
perfect timing to log back in.
Exciting times for the new S&S 144 crate engine.

Ray

Things are great here, you? This engine sounds great. Maybe my next ride will have one.

HD/Wrench

EX ports are raised over stock. I have the spec  written down, but off hand I think it's .420 + over stock centerline..

CowboyTutt

Thank you Steve, that would jive with what I am hearing, that the intake port height is .450 over stock with the B2, not the B3 heads.  But probably similar numbers.  You apparently call S&S a lot!  -Tutt 

HD/Wrench

My Rep gave me all the info some time ago .. but thats why he trusts me , NOT to post stuff that is non factual or before its due to be released.   My Rep is right here in texas , really not far from my shop. Very cool to be in the loop on new stuff.  Bummed we did not get the first build but hey thats the way it goes some times. Customer is doing a 124 over the 144 though so all good there.. With some work other pipes could be easily adapted, but its some cutting and welding. Not that big of deal really. Our plan was to use the Megashot pipe. I like that way it worked on others  , and it was clear it needs to be on a larger engine.

We are in the works now and it will not be the out the box set up.  will see how it goes..  I even think about pulling the 124 out of the shark and running the 144. But to be honest the 124 has way more power than is needed and it runs great. To and from the BBQ rally pulling down 42-43 MPG  loaded ( wife had fun shopping ) at 78-82 MPH over the 1000 mile trip ,... :up: I am cool with that. Tons of passing power.. stop and go was ok so what more do I need..   

rageglide

Queue Steve Martin in "The Jerk"... "I don't need anything...  uh, ok, I need this... I need this 144" engine... and that's all I need... "

Comeon Steve, you have a 124, but we ALL know we need more power!  That's what we need!

Time to start surfing the classifieds as the has-been bad ass 124's are tossed to the curb...   

76shuvlinoff

QuoteTime to start surfing the classifieds as the has-been bad ass 124's are tossed to the curb...   

shhhhhhhhh,

I plan on hanging around Ray's house on trash day.

:teeth:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

hrdtail78

Your missing the point Steve. It's not if it's needed. It's so you can say you have it, post pics of it daily, and maybe get 1000-2000 miles on it annually.
Semper Fi

No Cents

If your talking about Randy and his 144"er Jason...you couldn't be further from the truth.
His bike will be ridden...and I doubt he post many pictures of it.
But...I hope he does.
Randy is not a guy that thumps his chest or pats himself on the back...he's just a gear head horsepower junkie.   :wink:

Ray

HD/Wrench

Quote from: CowboyTutt on October 03, 2014, 06:26:00 PM
Thank you Steve, that would jive with what I am hearing, that the intake port height is .450 over stock with the B2, not the B3 heads.  But probably similar numbers.  You apparently call S&S a lot!  -Tutt

Tutt  I missed it by this much... it is .425 raised over stock

CowboyTutt

Thanks Steve.   :up:  I'm hoping to make a Wegner 2-1 work on my build.  -Tutt

hrdtail78

October 04, 2014, 12:48:10 PM #72 Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:53:40 PM by hrdtail78
Quote from: No Cents on October 04, 2014, 09:02:32 AM
If your talking about Randy and his 144"er Jason...you couldn't be further from the truth.
His bike will be ridden...and I doubt he post many pictures of it.
But...I hope he does.
Randy is not a guy that thumps his chest or pats himself on the back...he's just a gear head horsepower junkie.   :wink:

Ray

Wow.  No Ray, this isn't about you.  It isn't about anybody in particular.  I have no idea who Randy is.

The days of laminated dyno sheets are over.  Now it's on their phone.
Semper Fi

Durwood

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on October 04, 2014, 04:04:21 AM
QuoteTime to start surfing the classifieds as the has-been bad ass 124's are tossed to the curb...   

shhhhhhhhh,

I plan on hanging around Ray's house on trash day.

:teeth:
Mark, I called dibs on it a year ago, guess I'll have to pitch a tent next to the dumpster :hyst:

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway