May 12, 2024, 01:11:56 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Randy's new S&S 144"er Big Block engine

Started by No Cents, October 02, 2014, 03:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fltrx120r

Quote from: groundhog144 on January 17, 2015, 01:17:16 PM
Quote from: Fltrx120r on January 17, 2015, 12:51:27 PM
Just went to see mine! It came in yesterday. Should be done by the end of the week? Here's to an early spring![attach=1]

Good to here of another 143 coming together,what pipe are you going to be running..
Going with S&S recommended B3 2into1,talked to rb racing but not impressed! Only other option would be wegner but don't want to wait or pay$

Templer

So a 143 means "NO SHORT HOPS"? I like the 18in ceiling height myself!!!!!  :oops:

groundhog143

Quote from: Templer on January 18, 2015, 09:08:56 AM
So a 143 means "NO SHORT HOPS"? I like the 18in ceiling height myself!!!!!  :oops:

:wtf: are you talking about..

rbabos

Quote from: groundhog144 on January 18, 2015, 12:03:56 PM
Quote from: Templer on January 18, 2015, 09:08:56 AM

:wtf: are you talking about..
I'm still trying to decifer one of his earlier  posts today. :hyst:
Ron

Durwood

Randy, do have it good and broken in? Just wondering if you had let it eat yet.

Has to be one heck of a ride :up:

Templer

Sorry!!!!   ASK A PILOT!!!!!!!!!
The Pingle shifter/manual foot shift makes low rpm 1st to 2nd shift " short hop" the front end with 124ci!!!!
                                         WITH the 143 THAT would be a full A  FULL  ON UNIcycle ride.
                                              FORGET the 18in front end lift limit "ceiling limit"
                                                                       :bike:

groundhog143

Quote from: Durwood on January 28, 2015, 04:34:40 AM

[/ Yep I've let her chew  to several times let me tell you it's a hell of a lot of fun  :bike:

2006FXDCI

Ron and Randy , when you decipher Templer's posts please let me know . I think he is hiding the location of the holy grail in them !
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

1FSTRK

I was not sure if it was the pain meds I am on or if he just had better meds of his own.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Templer

To 2006FXDCI:
I feel your sorrow with NO motor to give ya that "short hop" feeling. The Holy grail is not what its about! I would wager by your question/statement that you have never lifted the front end with other then a JACK!!!!! SO SAD!!!!

sfmichael

Quote from: 1FSTRK on January 28, 2015, 09:31:59 AM
I was not sure if it was the pain meds I am on or if he just had better meds of his own.

:teeth:

after 4+ years of being on here I am finally learning to understand his unique writing style - makes my head hurt sometimes tho...  :smilep:
Colorado Springs, CO.

joe_lyons

Quote from: Templer on January 28, 2015, 09:35:35 AM
To 2006FXDCI:
I feel your sorrow with NO motor to give ya that "short hop" feeling. The Holy grail is not what its about! I would wager by your question/statement that you have never lifted the front end with other then a JACK!!!!! SO SAD!!!!
How about lifting the back tire up without a jack?  Ponder that one.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Templer

Fly OUT the drive way @ the Corbin seat manufacturer site .YOU WILL GET REAR TIRE LIFT.
Try landing front tire first!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyst:

rbabos

Quote from: Templer on January 28, 2015, 10:14:45 AM
Fly OUT the drive way @ the Corbin seat manufacturer site .YOU WILL GET REAR TIRE LIFT.
Try landing front tire first!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyst:
What's wrong with a wheel barrow landing? :hyst: Me, I like to hide the wheel under my tail then explain the one under my nose. :wink:
Ron

Ohio HD

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on January 28, 2015, 08:40:28 AM
Ron and Randy , when you decipher Templer's posts please let me know . I think he is hiding the location of the holy grail in them !

:hyst:

Durwood

Quote from: groundhog144 on January 28, 2015, 07:24:27 AM
Quote from: Durwood on January 28, 2015, 04:34:40 AM

[/ Yep I've let her chew  to several times let me tell you it's a hell of a lot of fun  :bike:
:up: :up:

rbabos

Quote from: joe_lyons on January 28, 2015, 10:09:06 AM
To 2006FXDCI:
Does running into a wall to do that count?
Ron

mrmike

Sure as long as you live to tell the tale, your golden.

Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

Hossamania

Quote from: rbabos on January 28, 2015, 10:29:23 AM
To 2006FXDCI:
Ron

Saw my neighbor do that. He said "Watch this", (dangerous words), and started a burnout in the parking lot. Lost control and ran into the side of the bar. Front fender folded, rear tire up. Funniest damn thing I'd seen in a long time.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

rbabos

Quote from: Hossamania on January 28, 2015, 11:53:39 AM
Quote from: rbabos on January 28, 2015, 10:29:23 AM
To 2006FXDCI:
Ron

Saw my neighbor do that. He said "Watch this", (dangerous words), and started a burnout in the parking lot. Lost control and ran into the side of the bar. Front fender folded, rear tire up. Funniest damn thing I'd seen in a long time.
That "Watch this" is responsible for more carnage then any other phrase.  :hyst:
Ron

joe_lyons

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

rbabos

Quote from: joe_lyons on January 28, 2015, 01:00:07 PM
So should you say.  "Look away"
Sure. Takes the pressure off to do something really stupid then.
Ron

rigidthumper

Maybe, but I'm bettin the stupid stuff happens whether we're looking or not ;)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Templer

A fine line between stupid and fun!!!
                                                          The cross over can be funny or  :oops:.
                                                              WE ALL WANT TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!!   :emoGroan:
                                           Anyway,keep up the updates on that BIG motor that CAN/DOES!!!
                                                                                 :pop:

No Cents

come on Randy...spill the beans and tell us what your doing over there in that garage to that 143 machine  :potstir:
I just knew you couldn't leave well enough alone!

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae