2014-2015 audio flash question...

Started by Bertk, February 09, 2015, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bertk

February 09, 2015, 07:46:24 AM Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:54:41 AM by Bertk
For those of you who have installed a aftermarket amp & speakers and have had a successful audio HU flash performed by a HD Dealer, meaning:
Amp -1 off
Amp -2 off
4 or more speakers available
Functioning Fade, Treble & Base

Could you please perform the following steps using the on board audio diagnostic tool:
1.    Put run switch in the RUN position.
2.    Hold the MUTE button on the radio while turning the ignition on.
3.    Wait until the confirmation message comes up.
4.    Confirm (Agree) and release the MUTE button.
5.    In the AUDIO section select EQ. That will list all applicable EQ and audio options.
6.    Scroll through to find the one that is currently loaded (orange background).
My bike (2015 UL) shows  00_OFF.BIN  (stock)

Please post what  .bin  file your bike shows along with the make and model of the bike?

This whole FLASH thing is about as clear as mud, not only to bike owners, but to HD and many HD  Techs.

Thank you in advance.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

shagyluke

I have a 15 RGS

Current flash is Amp 1&2 installed "Yes"
4speakers

I have a NVX amp and four 62.11I's installed in lowers and fairing.

My results from your inquirey are as follows:

00_off.bin
00_off_OE_flht_4.bin
00_on.bin

The three above show up when I perform the audio EQ options.

So please tell me what this is telling me???

Aaron
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

Bertk

Quote from: shagyluke on February 09, 2015, 08:37:58 AM
I have a 15 RGS

4speakers

00_off.bin
00_off_OE_flht_4.bin
00_on.bin

Aaron
Thanks Aaron. Which one is highlighted with an orange background?
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

shagyluke

February 09, 2015, 01:39:57 PM #3 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:57:54 PM by shagyluke
Quote from: Bertk on February 09, 2015, 10:05:34 AM
I have a 15 RGS

4speakers

00_off.bin
00_off_OE_flht_4.bin
00_on.bin

Aaron

I just double checked a couple oftimes to make sure. I have 02_OFF.bin

scooterroid

2015 RGS

I had a flash done but the HD tech did not do exactly what I asked.

Here's my current setting after the flash:

15_OFF.bin

Additional info:

I'm running a Soundstream 2 channel amp with a pair of Infinity 6.5's.
My "Potty mouth" is loud and clear but I am not getting the lower frequencies. Bass & Treble controls work, Fader (as expected) and AVC do not.

shagyluke

Quote from: scooterroid on February 09, 2015, 02:13:44 PM
2015 RGS

I had a flash done but the HD tech did not do exactly what I asked.

Here's my current setting after the flash:

15_OFF.bin

Additional info:

I'm running a Soundstream 2 channel amp with a pair of Infinity 6.5's.
My "Potty mouth" is loud and clear but I am not getting the lower frequencies. Bass & Treble controls work, Fader (as expected) and AVC do not.

What flash do you have installed? Your bass and treble controls work or do not work?

scooterroid

I don't know which flash was performed. Obviously, since I now have a Fader, he set it for more than 2 speakers.
Bass and Treble controls do work. He told me he set the "EQ" flat or something to that effect. I have no idea what that means in regard to the settings.

I've been following posts in 3 different forums for the past 2 months, trying to understand what I need to do in order to simply install an aftermarket amp in my 2015 RGS and make it perform correctly. Today I called Harley Davidson and spoke with a customer care rep. I think that person should more accurately be called a could-not-care-less-rep. He refused to forward me to someone who could answer my questions about which flash is appropriate for my amp installation. Instead he said I need to contact my local dealership and have the service tech contact Harley Davidson. So, I did just that. The HD service rep in Ft Myers, Six Bends Harley Davidson, pretty much let me know it wasn't their problem. He went on to say no one else had even asked about getting their head unit flashed after installing an after market amp.  According to him this flash issue is not an issue and no one else in our area is installing after market amps. It's not their problem. That's just F-ing great.

Scoots

Bertk

Quote from: shagyluke on February 09, 2015, 01:39:57 PM
I have a 15 RGS

4speakers

00_off.bin
00_off_OE_flht_4.bin
00_on.bin

Aaron

Ok good, so 02_OFF.bin is highlighted with orange.
02_OFF.bin  is  FlatEQ_4spkr_jw.EQF
This is what I am looking for.

Is your audio system performing as you expected it to? Good volume, fade, treble, and base control?

Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

Bertk

Quote from: scooterroid on February 09, 2015, 04:19:34 PM
I don't know which flash was performed. Obviously, since I now have a Fader, he set it for more than 2 speakers.
Bass and Treble controls do work. He told me he set the "EQ" flat or something to that effect. I have no idea what that means in regard to the settings.

I've been following posts in 3 different forums for the past 2 months, trying to understand what I need to do in order to simply install an aftermarket amp in my 2015 RGS and make it perform correctly. Today I called Harley Davidson and spoke with a customer care rep. I think that person should more accurately be called a could-not-care-less-rep. He refused to forward me to someone who could answer my questions about which flash is appropriate for my amp installation. Instead he said I need to contact my local dealership and have the service tech contact Harley Davidson. So, I did just that. The HD service rep in Ft Myers, Six Bends Harley Davidson, pretty much let me know it wasn't their problem. He went on to say no one else had even asked about getting their head unit flashed after installing an after market amp.  According to him this flash issue is not an issue and no one else in our area is installing after market amps. It's not their problem. That's just F-ing great.

Scoots
From your previous post, 15_OFF.bin  is  HU 121712 rev1d +3dBdyn GBDK_platinum.EQF
No flat EQ in this flash.
For a list of  .bin  files available check out this thread at post #17 by frankegd

BTW, Ft. Myers HD is my closest dealer and they are the most worthless dealership on the planet. I wouldn't let them touch my lawn mower.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

shagyluke

Quote from: Bertk on February 09, 2015, 06:35:12 PM
Quote from: shagyluke on February 09, 2015, 01:39:57 PM
I have a 15 RGS

4speakers

00_off.bin
00_off_OE_flht_4.bin
00_on.bin

Aaron

Ok good, so 02_OFF.bin is highlighted with orange.
02_OFF.bin  is  FlatEQ_4spkr_jw.EQF
This is what I am looking for.

Is your audio system performing as you expected it to? Good volume, fade, treble, and base control?

My set up sounds good with good volume and my fader works... I do not have control of treble and base.. Me and AAWAV rode about 180 miles on Saturday with him being behind me most of the ride. he told me that he could hear my system and it sounded good. I think it sounds good as well I just think it doesn't sound as good as it could. I have a BK4180 on the way so I hoping that a little more power will quench my thirst..

scooterroid

Does "FlatEQ" disable bass and treble controls on the head unit?

Scoots

Bertk

I have a 15 RGS

My set up sounds good with good volume and my fader works... I do not have control of treble and base.. Me and AAWAV rode about 180 miles on Saturday with him being behind me most of the ride. he told me that he could hear my system and it sounded good. I think it sounds good as well I just think it doesn't sound as good as it could. I have a BK4180 on the way so I hoping that a little more power will quench my thirst..

Well I hoped  02_OFF.bin  had treble & base control. But it is good to know AAWAV gave it his seal of approval.  :smile:

It will be interesting to hear what the difference is with the BK4180 installed.

In my case the two rear kappas sound better than the fronts. I think it's do to front pods. And I thing that's why BT got rid of them. Once I get the flash and the EQ flat I'll set the gains using the DMM and go from there.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

shagyluke

Quote from: Bertk on February 10, 2015, 08:02:25 AM
I have a 15 RGS

Well I hoped  02_OFF.bin  had treble & base control. But it is good to know AAWAV gave it his seal of approval.  :smile:

It will be interesting to hear what the difference is with the BK4180 installed.

In my case the two rear kappas sound better than the fronts. I think it's do to front pods. And I thing that's why BT got rid of them. Once I get the flash and the EQ flat I'll set the gains using the DMM and go from there.

That's funny, My upper fairing speakers sound better than my lower fairing's do. I only have two channels going into the amp and four coming out so I am going to change that with the 4180 and do 4 in and 4 out and see if that makes a difference. I just got a rear channel connector from V-twin, so I am just waiting for the 4180 now.

scooterroid

Bertk

I'm reading some posts in other forums where people are having problems using the flash instructions provided by Rockfort Fosgate. Shouldn't the flash procedure actually  have 2 steps:

Step 1 - set amp 1 off, amp 2 off and choose 8 speakers, amp yes and then save and flash.
Step 2 - choose and load the apporpriate BIN files, ie. 02_OFF.bin, from the DT

What are your thought on this? Who is going to do your flash? Naples HD? I want to be there when/if they do it.

shagyluke

Quote from: scooterroid on February 10, 2015, 01:28:59 PM
Bertk

I'm reading some posts in other forums where people are having problems using the flash instructions provided by Rockfort Fosgate. Shouldn't the flash procedure actually  have 2 steps:

Step 1 - set amp 1 off, amp 2 off and choose 8 speakers, amp yes and then save and flash.
Step 2 - choose and load the apporpriate BIN files, ie. 02_OFF.bin, from the DT

What are your thought on this? Who is going to do your flash? Naples HD? I want to be there when/if they do it.

The flash doesn't work like that really.. Once plugged in there are tab's that the tech scrawls through and sets all the parameters for your VIN number and then flashes the HU. Turns the ignition off for 20 sec. and goes back in to make sure there are no error codes. I believe that the Digital tech auto sends the BIN file for whatever parameters you have plugged into the Digital Tech. I don't believe that you can pick the BIN file from the Digital Tech and send it to your head unit. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I went through all the tab's when doing my flash with the tech and never came across a Bin file selection.

scooterroid

Maybe I have it backwards then. According to this post you choose the BIN (EQ) file on the DT and upload that file to the head unit and it sets the parameters  for speakers and EQ.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1003884-14-eq-flash-file-add-on-speakers.html

*snip
I almost gave up. Went back to the tech and showed him the different settings in the head unit, which he had never seen before. He pulled the bike back in and (after a $20 tip) was digging through all the settings he had on the HD laptop.

He ended up loading 02_OFF.bin (FlatEQ_4spkr_jw.EQF). This enabled 4 spaekers, fully functional fader and, after all A LOT more power to the speakers!
*snip

This post doesn't mention anything about setting amp 1 off, amp 2 off, 8 speakers, amp yes, saving and flashing the head unit. Thinking this thing out right now, that step seems unnecessary as loading the BIN (EQ) file does that automatically. Ah, it's becoming a little clearer now.

Bertk

Quote from: scooterroid on February 10, 2015, 01:28:59 PM
Bertk

From what I have read, amp-1 & amp-2 off and select 4 or more speakers.
"Amp yes" I think is only used when installing Boom! stuff. 

QuoteStep 2 - choose and load the apporpriate BIN files, ie. 02_OFF.bin, from the DT

That's what I was thinking, but now some say they have on treble & bass control. I don't like that.
I am going to wait for a definitive answer to flash fiasco before doing anything.

QuoteWhat are your thought on this? Who is going to do your flash? Naples HD? I want to be there when/if they do it.
Yes I go to Naples HD. Same owner, but the people there are helpful, courteous and don't over change.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

Bertk

Quote from: shagyluke on February 10, 2015, 04:13:33 PM

The flash doesn't work like that really.. Once plugged in there are tab's that the tech scrawls through and sets all the parameters for your VIN number and then flashes the HU. Turns the ignition off for 20 sec. and goes back in to make sure there are no error codes. I believe that the Digital tech auto sends the BIN file for whatever parameters you have plugged into the Digital Tech. I don't believe that you can pick the BIN file from the Digital Tech and send it to your head unit. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I went through all the tab's when doing my flash with the tech and never came across a Bin file selection.
This is a gray area, either no one knows or no one is telling.
I think you are probably correct about the DT sending the .bin file via an internet connection thou.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

shagyluke

Quote from: Bertk on February 10, 2015, 07:04:22 PM
Quote from: shagyluke on February 10, 2015, 04:13:33 PM

This is a gray area, either no one knows or no one is telling.
I think you are probably correct about the DT sending the .bin file via an internet connection thou.

We would probably need to get UN to chin in on this, but you can not select it from your head unit, and it only changes when you set your parameters and then flash. I am no expert by any means but "I can skin a buck and run a trout line"

fallenhillbilly

Help please
So what is the bottom line. All this information and I'm still confused. I had mind flashed and still believe it is wrong sounds ok in garage but on the road it's terrible..going to take what I have learned here and look at the file name....what should the flash be.does anyone know. .l have two hawg wired amps and 4 hawg wired speakers.         Amp and 2 speakers rock on the 2012 street glide. So I know something is definitely wrong. .
          Thanks to all for this forum.

Bertk

Quote from: fallenhillbilly on February 19, 2015, 10:24:37 AM
Help please
So what is the bottom line. All this information and I'm still confused. I had mind flashed and still believe it is wrong sounds ok in garage but on the road it's terrible..going to take what I have learned here and look at the file name....what should the flash be.does anyone know. .l have two hawg wired amps and 4 hawg wired speakers.         Amp and 2 speakers rock on the 2012 street glide. So I know something is definitely wrong. .
          Thanks to all for this forum.
There is no correct answer. The MOCO keeps changing flash files and keep the techs in the dark. The best approach to date is to try and find a HD Tech that knows what he is doing and is willing to work with you to find the best flash for what you have.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

fallenhillbilly

Thanks. I'm going this weekend with my information and see what happens..I think now I have a better handle on what they need to do.The bin files clear some things up. Will let you know what happens.

fallenhillbilly

Update
So I go to the Harley shop to try these new flash ideas. Bottom line is nothing we tried got us to 02_.bin.we tried multiple  selections and nothing seems to work.All I 'am reading is 1 and 2 amps off and 4 speakers but that looks to gives me a stock bin files...I don't know if the software is a different versions in my system then other or if that even matters..The search continues..And one more thing. I know some have had trouble getting the dealership to help with this but the guys at my dealership has really step up to get this worked out for us here in the georgia area.So that tells me price might not be everything but the service after the fact is everything..

Modes

Had my 2015Road glide flashed yesterday amp1 and amp2 off, 4 speakers (lid speakers selected) . Went into EQ through on screen diagnostics and none a circled nor highlighted in Orange.  Touching the I button reveals "Current EQ version: BUILT IN FLAT EQ.  Load new EQ? (Yes) (No). I have working bass and treble controls, present but unusable fader.  Sounds better running than off.  But all seems l I or what I would want.  Ordered some
FOods to rid lows my speakers can't produce.

Adam

Bertk

Quote from: Modes on February 22, 2015, 03:32:50 PM
Had my 2015Road glide flashed yesterday amp1 and amp2 off, 4 speakers (lid speakers selected) . Went into EQ through on screen diagnostics and none a circled nor highlighted in Orange.  Touching the I button reveals "Current EQ version: BUILT IN FLAT EQ.  Load new EQ? (Yes) (No). I have working bass and treble controls, present but unusable fader.  Sounds better running than off.  But all seems l I or what I would want.  Ordered some

Adam
Press the up or down arrow to the right to scroll through all the bin files. One has to the highlighted.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

Modes

Quote from: Bertk on February 22, 2015, 06:45:14 PM
Quote from: Modes on February 22, 2015, 03:32:50 PM

Adam
Press the up or down arrow to the right to scroll through all the bin files. One has to the highlighted.

Tried three times.  Never saw one highlighted.

fallenhillbilly

Cursor over to the up and down arrows. Then you can stroll through the list.and one should be highlighted..

shagyluke

Quote from: fallenhillbilly on February 23, 2015, 07:14:57 AM
Cursor over to the up and down arrows. Then you can stroll through the list.and one should be highlighted..

For some reason you can not do it with the controls, or at least I cant. You have to put your finger on the HU and use the arrows to scroll up and down. I couldn't find mine at first also.

fallenhillbilly

Has anyone had the 18.3 update put in.while working on flash this weekend they update system to the latest version. But like everything esle I have tried it cause problems.  Took some joy stick controls away on left stick. .something esle took work on. .LOL

Modes

I don't know....I see none highlighted!

Adam

Bertk

Well that's new Adam. What version Firmware is installed?
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

Bertk

Actually this is what I was looking for, sorry.
Go to "Home - Set-up - System Information Software Version"

[attach=0]
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

ducatidesmo

Quote from: shagyluke on February 23, 2015, 10:56:39 AM

For some reason you can not do it with the controls, or at least I cant. You have to put your finger on the HU and use the arrows to scroll up and down. I couldn't find mine at first also.

Hi Shagyluke,

You happen to remember the selections that were made in order to get the 02_OFF.BIN/02_ON.BIN loaded?

Thanks!

shagyluke

Quote from: ducatidesmo on February 24, 2015, 08:36:49 AM
Quote from: shagyluke on February 23, 2015, 10:56:39 AM

Hi Shagyluke,

You happen to remember the selections that were made in order to get the 02_OFF.BIN/02_ON.BIN loaded?

Thanks!

I just have amp 1 & 2 Installed "No" and four speakers as thats all that was offered from the VIN # of my 15RGS. Dave, the mechanic at Las Vegas Harley let me hang out and go through everything with him. We went through all the tabs and looked for the 8 speakers and then another tech said we couldnt do that because the RGS didnt come with an 8 speaker option like the CVO or Ultra. Really all he changed was the 4 speakers and amp 1&2 installed No...

fallenhillbilly

Originally Posted by ShadeTreeFree 

Ok... Here's an idea..... Why doesn't whoever has the 02_off.bin file installed go to a dealer and see what options you have selected in the Digital Tech. I have been to my local dealer about 5 times trying to achieve the 02_off.bin file but we can't get it. My service guy called the factory and said there is no way possible to cherry pick your .bin file. It auto loads the bin file based off the options that are selected in reference to speakers / amps options. Thats why I suggest whoever has that file installed go to a dealer and see the exact set-up of your options ex(amps, speakers)..... Just an idea

That's sounds like the best idea I have heard or read yet.if somebody with O2_. Bin off could go to the dealer and get us the settings for amps and speakers that would solve alot of our problems and would be gratefully appreciated...someone please step up and help a brother out...

shagyluke

I can probably get by there this weekend. I will see what I can find out.

fallenhillbilly

Thanks Maybe that will confirm what we need to do..pls asked if there's a trick to flashig it.I have try what I thought was what other have to get it right but comes up with wrong file..    It just looks like several people have 02_off. bin  but they have different setups.some say  amps on and some amps off. And thanks for taking the time to help.would be nice to enjoy the radio again. .

Bertk

Quote from: Modes on February 24, 2015, 08:09:50 AM
When this version was put up on the HD site it was quickly taken down do to defects. Install 1.18.2.
I wouldn't touch 1.18.3.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

Bertk

Quote from: shagyluke on February 24, 2015, 09:39:16 PM
I can probably get by there this weekend. I will see what I can find out.
That would be great.  :smile:
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

shagyluke

Quote from: Bertk on February 25, 2015, 08:51:23 AM
When this version was put up on the HD site it was quickly taken down do to defects. Install 1.18.2.
I wouldn't touch 1.18.3.

1.18.2 is what I have installed. I'm not going to do any other updates at all, Especially seeing how its just for the Boom crap anyways.

fallenhillbilly

Didn't know that 1-18.3 was crap but maybe that explains why my radio functions has crashed. Going to get them to put 1-18. 2 back in and see if that fix my new problem.

Bertk

February 25, 2015, 12:20:18 PM #43 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:23:26 PM by Bertk
Quote from: fallenhillbilly on February 25, 2015, 11:42:36 AM
Didn't know that 1-18.3 was crap but maybe that explains why my radio functions has crashed. Going to get them to put 1-18. 2 back in and see if that fix my new problem.
Yes I saw you post that, and the reason for my decision not to update.
I have not tried down grading the FW, but I do have a copy of 1.18.2.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

fallenhillbilly

Quote from: Bertk on February 25, 2015, 12:20:18 PM
Dealer said putting it back was not a problem but he has installed on many of bikes and no problem. Just wondering if file got corrupted before he got to mind .just a thought
[/quote]

ALUCARD19

Or just bite the bullet and pull out the factory HU and install a double din HU with navigation and all problems solved.
Remember, It's only money.  :sink:
"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

4nic8

Double din won't fit unless you cut the bottom support plate under radio on a batwing. The face of the radio would fit an alpine 8in display, but the face actually hangs low below the body on the infotainment system and the chasis is really a standard din. I've been wrestling with this myself but I do actually use nav on some of our tour rides, which is why I'm leaning towards installing an iPad mini with cellular card instead if an actual headunit, then I can keep nav with Google maps and use pandora or iTunes rather then radio which is all I do now anyway

ALUCARD19

Doesn't someone make an adapter to fit a single din unit in the opening, then maybe a HU with a pop out screen with nav.
"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

Modes

Quote from: Bertk on February 25, 2015, 08:51:23 AM
I wouldn't touch 1.18.3.

Would I loose my flash after and have to redo it?

Adam

Bertk

Quote from: Modes on February 25, 2015, 06:59:44 PM

Would I loose my flash after and have to redo it?

Adam
That I do not know.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

4nic8

You could do a single din slide out, clarion makes one, and you would need the metra kit which has the module for temp, and edits so the error light doesn't stay on because all that I do was fed through the stock infotainment via the can bus interface. The problem for me is aesthetics and desired use, I like a full display that's meant to fit that location which means I either fab something to hold an iPad mini and run essentially a car puter type setup, or I cut out the bracing for a double din and go with something like the alpine 8" display double din (cutting that bracing isnt very appealing to me) or eventually I get fed up with the infotainment mess and bit the bullet and go with a single din, flip out or not. And there is the most Expensive option, go with an aftermarket fairing (actually voodoo made one for street glides that looks pretty sick) but most are made for a raked out front end and I like to tour so raking out my bike isn't appealing. So for now I'm dealing with the crap sandwich the mothership has dealt the few who actually want a superior sound, but for me if I'm being honest as much as I hate it, I love everything else about the Rushmore especially the better ride and handling over my 08 CVO ultra so I'll whine a bit but The good for me outweighs the bad

fallenhillbilly

Back to the shop for more flash time..have no clue what harley is thinking..tried several different settings and came up with the same bin file.2 amps on 8 speakers or 2 amps off 8 speakers same file 135-off.bin   2amps off 4 speakers  00-off.bin think that's stock..can not get to the magical file...someone needs to shoot up here among us one of us need some relief LOL.Wish I could talk to someone at Harley that actually cares.....

JTNC110

Quote from: 4nic8 on February 26, 2015, 07:54:55 PM
You could do a single din slide out, clarion makes one, and you would need the metra kit which has the module for temp, and edits so the error light doesn't stay on because all that I do was fed through the stock infotainment via the can bus interface. The problem for me is aesthetics and desired use, I like a full display that's meant to fit that location which means I either fab something to hold an iPad mini and run essentially a car puter type setup, or I cut out the bracing for a double din and go with something like the alpine 8" display double din (cutting that bracing isnt very appealing to me) or eventually I get fed up with the infotainment mess and bit the bullet and go with a single din, flip out or not. And there is the most Expensive option, go with an aftermarket fairing (actually voodoo made one for street glides that looks pretty sick) but most are made for a raked out front end and I like to tour so raking out my bike isn't appealing. So for now I'm dealing with the crap sandwich the mothership has dealt the few who actually want a superior sound, but for me if I'm being honest as much as I hate it, I love everything else about the Rushmore especially the better ride and handling over my 08 CVO ultra so I'll whine a bit but The good for me outweighs the bad
I'd like to do a double din or flip up as well.  The problem I think we'll run into on the flip up is the unit sits too far back (recessed) with the metra and biketronics retro kits and wouldn't allow the screen to flip up vertically.

fallenhillbilly

Or instead of throwing more money at this stupid thing Harley could just tell us how to shut that stupid EQ off.Such a great bike it  just aggravates me that we're having so much trouble with this simple problem. ..I thought the leaking thermostat and water pumps would be the main issue.not something so simple as just cutting off the Eq....I wonder if anyone from Harley actually reads these forms...

ducatidesmo

So burned an entire tanke of gas today!

Went to mutile dealerships just to take a look around and decided to check out what bin files are being used for each bike. Here is what I found

15 CVO Ultra Limited: 14_OFF/ON.bin
15 CVO Road Glide:    15_OFF/ON.bin
15 Ultra Limited:        00_OFF/ON.bin
15 Road Glide Spec:   03_OFF/ON.bin
15 Stret Glide Spec:    01_OFF/ON.bin

Salesman at the dealer north of Seattle... man... "Stage II is plug and play, they took care of it last week" Man he pissed me off as he spewed all this stuff about  we should be able to do what we want in this country THEN, in the same gal dern breath, said I'm glad that harley locks things down. you should only use their stuff as it's best for the bike.

shagyluke

Yeah I don't guess I will be finding anything out from my dealers I thought. Was in there this weekend talking to the tech that has worked on my bike and the service manager. Got in a heated discussion about aftermarket products. To make a long story short they asked me to leave....and I did, as I spouted out they would get no more of my money..Ever and showed them they were NO.1 with the appropriate finger. Guess we will be weighing on what UN finds out for us..

fallenhillbilly

Well now that sucks.was hoping you could find out how they did it.I put the same set up in the bike as you and a different file comes up.has to be a trick to it.You must have to do something else besides selecting speakers and amps because I've tried many combinations.And still no luck on 02_ off..Wondering if its the same file for ultra limited and road glide. looks like factory files are different.....But anyway Thanks for trying

Bertk

Quote from: shagyluke on March 01, 2015, 08:38:12 PM
Yeah I don't guess I will be finding anything out from my dealers I thought. Was in there this weekend talking to the tech that has worked on my bike and the service manager. Got in a heated discussion about aftermarket products. To make a long story short they asked me to leave....and I did, as I spouted out they would get no more of my money..Ever and showed them they were NO.1 with the appropriate finger. Guess we will be weighing on what UN finds out for us..
Thanks for trying.  :banghead:   The only reason I go to the dealer is for small parts and warranty work. To there credit, they do treat me very well.  :nix:
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

AAWAV

which one? Rainbow (Red Rock) or Vegas Boulevard?
oil changes you should do yourself anyway... better for less (if you need help, ping me). can always do at my place as I got the bike lift :-)

'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

shagyluke

Quote from: AAWAV on March 02, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

which one? Rainbow (Red Rock) or Vegas Boulevard?
oil changes you should do yourself anyway... better for less (if you need help, ping me). can always do at my place as I got the bike lift :-)

Henderson actually.. I have always changed my own. The only way I can make sure that it was done right..

Modes

March 02, 2015, 03:08:39 PM #60 Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:19:42 AM by Modes
Anyone had the bike at the dealer, and while hooked up to the dealer's computer, gone in the the diagnostics via the head unit and tried to "select another" .bin?  Option is there just no selections of where to get it from.  Was curious if it were possible while hooked up.

Adam

fallenhillbilly

Not yet but going to the dealers has become a weekend thing.If I don't go to Bike Week this weekend I'll let you know.I thought maybe someone in Daytona would have a clue. Worth a try I've tried every d***  thing else..

fallenhillbilly

That setup on 2014 limited gave me 00_off. WhIch I  think is stock..Sounds really bad if you give it any real volume. .I'm sick of this....all that cash for a pain in the A** radio. .

dgreen1069

Quote from: ducatidesmo on March 01, 2015, 06:34:11 PM
So burned an entire tanke of gas today!

Went to mutile dealerships just to take a look around and decided to check out what bin files are being used for each bike. Here is what I found

15 CVO Ultra Limited: 14_OFF/ON.bin
15 CVO Road Glide:    15_OFF/ON.bin
15 Ultra Limited:        00_OFF/ON.bin
15 Road Glide Spec:   03_OFF/ON.bin
15 Stret Glide Spec:    01_OFF/ON.bin

Salesman at the dealer north of Seattle... man... "Stage II is plug and play, they took care of it last week" Man he pissed me off as he spewed all this stuff about  we should be able to do what we want in this country THEN, in the same gal dern breath, said I'm glad that harley locks things down. you should only use their stuff as it's best for the bike.

I'm curious is Ultra Limiteds that have had the Boom amp and speakers installed are flashed to the same 14_OFF.bin that the CVO's come with.  If they are, I wonder if that wouldn't be the .bin file to shoot for since it's already designed to be used by an amp.

Modes

Had my bike in for first service and dyno tune for the cams they installed prior to delivery.  Got the bike home and rear speakers wouldn't play.  Checked all physical things then pulled up the diagnotic service screen..... Yup, lost my flash and now had 195_off.bin.  Sounded like crap to.  Little more digging and saw they updated my firmware from 1.18.1 to 1.18.3.  See no issues with it yet. Called the dealer and went back up to get it flashed again.  Went with amp 1 off, amp 2 off, number of amps 0, 4 speakers (fairing and lowers) and no have the sought after 02_off.bin.  bass and treble work as well as fader.  Speed volume ask sts but I don't here a difference.  Pretty loud now.  I am very pleased.  4 speakers set for fairing and lids did not change to the flat eq nor did it turn on the rear speakers FYI.

Adam

Hdriderguy

:banghead:
My 2015 RGS has been back to the dealer in service for 4 of the 7 days I have owned it related to this infotainment system.I purchased the unit with the Boom II update with speakers just in the front fairing.Sounded good the day I picked it up and so far the left speaker has blown up dealer claims it will take 10 days to get a speaker, a refurbished head unit has been ordered which is there attempt to resolve all the other issues,but as another has said, the Rushmore work out weighs the crappy sound system and infotainment issues.
Let's face it, we all know since the beginning of time HD has never produced any good sound systems that worked or performed well and just one other fact, even electronic fuel injection in 2003 was still optional except on the Ultra when they finally scrapped the Merelii and went to the Delphi.It wouldn't be till about 2006 or 7 when EFI was finally standard and the sportster took even a year or two after that to get EFI standard equipment.
HD is not going to help us with these issues, we will more then likely just have to wait for a aftermarket HU and make the best of what we have,that said,
I would suggest to fellow brother, don't waste your money on any sound systems updates at the dealership,take your bike with a stock audio system, add a aftermarket amp and speakers, and call it a day

fallenhillbilly

Quote from: Modes on May 19, 2015, 06:13:34 PM
Had my bike in for first service and dyno tune for the cams they installed prior to delivery.  Got the bike home and rear speakers wouldn't play.  Checked all physical things then pulled up the diagnotic service screen..... Yup, lost my flash and now had 195_off.bin.  Sounded like crap to.  Little more digging and saw they updated my firmware from 1.18.1 to 1.18.3.  See no issues with it yet. Called the dealer and went back up to get it flashed again.  Went with amp 1 off, amp 2 off, number of amps 0, 4 speakers (fairing and lowers) and no have the sought after 02_off.bin.  bass and treble work as well as fader.  Speed volume ask sts but I don't here a difference.  Pretty loud now.  I am very pleased.  4 speakers set for fairing and lids did not change to the flat eq nor did it turn on the rear speakers FYI.

Adam
What kind of bike do you have.And what is your setup.
      Thanks

Modes

Quote from: fallenhillbilly on June 12, 2015, 07:58:53 AM
Quote from: Modes on May 19, 2015, 06:13:34 PM

Adam
What kind of bike do you have.And what is your setup.
      Thanks

2015 FLTRXS, Stock 6.5 Radio BT4180, HAT I57-2 in the lids, and HAT I61-2V2 in the fairing. I have appropriately sized FMODs on the front and rear inputs for what it's worth.

Adam

CVORoadKing2013

Posted this in other places and havent gotten an answer yet

So I had my speakers blow on my 2015 RGS and had them replaced under warranty. So decided to put in the Stage 2 boom speakers and amp. I know there are supposed to be better option but I was also trying to keep it under my 2 year warranty.

Well they put it in and it sounds like crap Bass and Treble adjustments don't seem to do anything and it just sounds like crap.

I found the post on how to check the bin file that is down loaded. I have 192_Off.bin

Seems like every one likes the 135_Off or the 00_Off.bin

I found a Txt file that shows all the bin files.

192_Off HU 121712 rev1d +3dBdyn GBDK_platinum.EQF

135_ON.bin HU 4ch active rev1e DK 041013.EQF

00_OFF.bin FLHT_EngOFF_EQ_4spkr_111412_rev1g.EQF

So what bin file is best for the setup I have? Do any of these bin files actually give you any better control of the bass and treble?

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am already at the point of having everything removed and just have the stock speakers put in.

Modes

Quote from: CVORoadKing2013 on August 27, 2015, 02:58:42 AM
Posted this in other places and havent gotten an answer yet

So I had my speakers blow on my 2015 RGS and had them replaced under warranty. So decided to put in the Stage 2 boom speakers and amp. I know there are supposed to be better option but I was also trying to keep it under my 2 year warranty.

Well they put it in and it sounds like crap Bass and Treble adjustments don't seem to do anything and it just sounds like crap.

I found the post on how to check the bin file that is down loaded. I have 192_Off.bin

Seems like every one likes the 135_Off or the 00_Off.bin

I found a Txt file that shows all the bin files.

192_Off HU 121712 rev1d +3dBdyn GBDK_platinum.EQF

135_ON.bin HU 4ch active rev1e DK 041013.EQF

00_OFF.bin FLHT_EngOFF_EQ_4spkr_111412_rev1g.EQF

So what bin file is best for the setup I have? Do any of these bin files actually give you any better control of the bass and treble?

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am already at the point of having everything removed and just have the stock speakers put in.

I have no clue what the bin should be for the HD stuff.  You'd think the computer the techs hook up would get it right.  Everything on this thread is related to aftermarket gear.

Adam