May 01, 2024, 10:46:39 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2014-2015 audio flash question...

Started by Bertk, February 09, 2015, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4nic8

You could do a single din slide out, clarion makes one, and you would need the metra kit which has the module for temp, and edits so the error light doesn't stay on because all that I do was fed through the stock infotainment via the can bus interface. The problem for me is aesthetics and desired use, I like a full display that's meant to fit that location which means I either fab something to hold an iPad mini and run essentially a car puter type setup, or I cut out the bracing for a double din and go with something like the alpine 8" display double din (cutting that bracing isnt very appealing to me) or eventually I get fed up with the infotainment mess and bit the bullet and go with a single din, flip out or not. And there is the most Expensive option, go with an aftermarket fairing (actually voodoo made one for street glides that looks pretty sick) but most are made for a raked out front end and I like to tour so raking out my bike isn't appealing. So for now I'm dealing with the crap sandwich the mothership has dealt the few who actually want a superior sound, but for me if I'm being honest as much as I hate it, I love everything else about the Rushmore especially the better ride and handling over my 08 CVO ultra so I'll whine a bit but The good for me outweighs the bad

fallenhillbilly

Back to the shop for more flash time..have no clue what harley is thinking..tried several different settings and came up with the same bin file.2 amps on 8 speakers or 2 amps off 8 speakers same file 135-off.bin   2amps off 4 speakers  00-off.bin think that's stock..can not get to the magical file...someone needs to shoot up here among us one of us need some relief LOL.Wish I could talk to someone at Harley that actually cares.....

JTNC110

Quote from: 4nic8 on February 26, 2015, 07:54:55 PM
You could do a single din slide out, clarion makes one, and you would need the metra kit which has the module for temp, and edits so the error light doesn't stay on because all that I do was fed through the stock infotainment via the can bus interface. The problem for me is aesthetics and desired use, I like a full display that's meant to fit that location which means I either fab something to hold an iPad mini and run essentially a car puter type setup, or I cut out the bracing for a double din and go with something like the alpine 8" display double din (cutting that bracing isnt very appealing to me) or eventually I get fed up with the infotainment mess and bit the bullet and go with a single din, flip out or not. And there is the most Expensive option, go with an aftermarket fairing (actually voodoo made one for street glides that looks pretty sick) but most are made for a raked out front end and I like to tour so raking out my bike isn't appealing. So for now I'm dealing with the crap sandwich the mothership has dealt the few who actually want a superior sound, but for me if I'm being honest as much as I hate it, I love everything else about the Rushmore especially the better ride and handling over my 08 CVO ultra so I'll whine a bit but The good for me outweighs the bad
I'd like to do a double din or flip up as well.  The problem I think we'll run into on the flip up is the unit sits too far back (recessed) with the metra and biketronics retro kits and wouldn't allow the screen to flip up vertically.

fallenhillbilly

Or instead of throwing more money at this stupid thing Harley could just tell us how to shut that stupid EQ off.Such a great bike it  just aggravates me that we're having so much trouble with this simple problem. ..I thought the leaking thermostat and water pumps would be the main issue.not something so simple as just cutting off the Eq....I wonder if anyone from Harley actually reads these forms...

ducatidesmo

So burned an entire tanke of gas today!

Went to mutile dealerships just to take a look around and decided to check out what bin files are being used for each bike. Here is what I found

15 CVO Ultra Limited: 14_OFF/ON.bin
15 CVO Road Glide:    15_OFF/ON.bin
15 Ultra Limited:        00_OFF/ON.bin
15 Road Glide Spec:   03_OFF/ON.bin
15 Stret Glide Spec:    01_OFF/ON.bin

Salesman at the dealer north of Seattle... man... "Stage II is plug and play, they took care of it last week" Man he pissed me off as he spewed all this stuff about  we should be able to do what we want in this country THEN, in the same gal dern breath, said I'm glad that harley locks things down. you should only use their stuff as it's best for the bike.

shagyluke

Yeah I don't guess I will be finding anything out from my dealers I thought. Was in there this weekend talking to the tech that has worked on my bike and the service manager. Got in a heated discussion about aftermarket products. To make a long story short they asked me to leave....and I did, as I spouted out they would get no more of my money..Ever and showed them they were NO.1 with the appropriate finger. Guess we will be weighing on what UN finds out for us..

"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

fallenhillbilly

Well now that sucks.was hoping you could find out how they did it.I put the same set up in the bike as you and a different file comes up.has to be a trick to it.You must have to do something else besides selecting speakers and amps because I've tried many combinations.And still no luck on 02_ off..Wondering if its the same file for ultra limited and road glide. looks like factory files are different.....But anyway Thanks for trying

Bertk

Quote from: shagyluke on March 01, 2015, 08:38:12 PM
Yeah I don't guess I will be finding anything out from my dealers I thought. Was in there this weekend talking to the tech that has worked on my bike and the service manager. Got in a heated discussion about aftermarket products. To make a long story short they asked me to leave....and I did, as I spouted out they would get no more of my money..Ever and showed them they were NO.1 with the appropriate finger. Guess we will be weighing on what UN finds out for us..
Thanks for trying.  :banghead:   The only reason I go to the dealer is for small parts and warranty work. To there credit, they do treat me very well.  :nix:
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

AAWAV

which one? Rainbow (Red Rock) or Vegas Boulevard?
oil changes you should do yourself anyway... better for less (if you need help, ping me). can always do at my place as I got the bike lift :-)

'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

shagyluke

Quote from: AAWAV on March 02, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

which one? Rainbow (Red Rock) or Vegas Boulevard?
oil changes you should do yourself anyway... better for less (if you need help, ping me). can always do at my place as I got the bike lift :-)

Henderson actually.. I have always changed my own. The only way I can make sure that it was done right..
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

Modes

March 02, 2015, 03:08:39 PM #60 Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:19:42 AM by Modes
Anyone had the bike at the dealer, and while hooked up to the dealer's computer, gone in the the diagnostics via the head unit and tried to "select another" .bin?  Option is there just no selections of where to get it from.  Was curious if it were possible while hooked up.

Adam

fallenhillbilly

Not yet but going to the dealers has become a weekend thing.If I don't go to Bike Week this weekend I'll let you know.I thought maybe someone in Daytona would have a clue. Worth a try I've tried every d***  thing else..

fallenhillbilly

That setup on 2014 limited gave me 00_off. WhIch I  think is stock..Sounds really bad if you give it any real volume. .I'm sick of this....all that cash for a pain in the A** radio. .

dgreen1069

Quote from: ducatidesmo on March 01, 2015, 06:34:11 PM
So burned an entire tanke of gas today!

Went to mutile dealerships just to take a look around and decided to check out what bin files are being used for each bike. Here is what I found

15 CVO Ultra Limited: 14_OFF/ON.bin
15 CVO Road Glide:    15_OFF/ON.bin
15 Ultra Limited:        00_OFF/ON.bin
15 Road Glide Spec:   03_OFF/ON.bin
15 Stret Glide Spec:    01_OFF/ON.bin

Salesman at the dealer north of Seattle... man... "Stage II is plug and play, they took care of it last week" Man he pissed me off as he spewed all this stuff about  we should be able to do what we want in this country THEN, in the same gal dern breath, said I'm glad that harley locks things down. you should only use their stuff as it's best for the bike.

I'm curious is Ultra Limiteds that have had the Boom amp and speakers installed are flashed to the same 14_OFF.bin that the CVO's come with.  If they are, I wonder if that wouldn't be the .bin file to shoot for since it's already designed to be used by an amp.

Modes

Had my bike in for first service and dyno tune for the cams they installed prior to delivery.  Got the bike home and rear speakers wouldn't play.  Checked all physical things then pulled up the diagnotic service screen..... Yup, lost my flash and now had 195_off.bin.  Sounded like crap to.  Little more digging and saw they updated my firmware from 1.18.1 to 1.18.3.  See no issues with it yet. Called the dealer and went back up to get it flashed again.  Went with amp 1 off, amp 2 off, number of amps 0, 4 speakers (fairing and lowers) and no have the sought after 02_off.bin.  bass and treble work as well as fader.  Speed volume ask sts but I don't here a difference.  Pretty loud now.  I am very pleased.  4 speakers set for fairing and lids did not change to the flat eq nor did it turn on the rear speakers FYI.

Adam

Hdriderguy

:banghead:
My 2015 RGS has been back to the dealer in service for 4 of the 7 days I have owned it related to this infotainment system.I purchased the unit with the Boom II update with speakers just in the front fairing.Sounded good the day I picked it up and so far the left speaker has blown up dealer claims it will take 10 days to get a speaker, a refurbished head unit has been ordered which is there attempt to resolve all the other issues,but as another has said, the Rushmore work out weighs the crappy sound system and infotainment issues.
Let's face it, we all know since the beginning of time HD has never produced any good sound systems that worked or performed well and just one other fact, even electronic fuel injection in 2003 was still optional except on the Ultra when they finally scrapped the Merelii and went to the Delphi.It wouldn't be till about 2006 or 7 when EFI was finally standard and the sportster took even a year or two after that to get EFI standard equipment.
HD is not going to help us with these issues, we will more then likely just have to wait for a aftermarket HU and make the best of what we have,that said,
I would suggest to fellow brother, don't waste your money on any sound systems updates at the dealership,take your bike with a stock audio system, add a aftermarket amp and speakers, and call it a day

fallenhillbilly

Quote from: Modes on May 19, 2015, 06:13:34 PM
Had my bike in for first service and dyno tune for the cams they installed prior to delivery.  Got the bike home and rear speakers wouldn't play.  Checked all physical things then pulled up the diagnotic service screen..... Yup, lost my flash and now had 195_off.bin.  Sounded like crap to.  Little more digging and saw they updated my firmware from 1.18.1 to 1.18.3.  See no issues with it yet. Called the dealer and went back up to get it flashed again.  Went with amp 1 off, amp 2 off, number of amps 0, 4 speakers (fairing and lowers) and no have the sought after 02_off.bin.  bass and treble work as well as fader.  Speed volume ask sts but I don't here a difference.  Pretty loud now.  I am very pleased.  4 speakers set for fairing and lids did not change to the flat eq nor did it turn on the rear speakers FYI.

Adam
What kind of bike do you have.And what is your setup.
      Thanks

Modes

Quote from: fallenhillbilly on June 12, 2015, 07:58:53 AM
Quote from: Modes on May 19, 2015, 06:13:34 PM

Adam
What kind of bike do you have.And what is your setup.
      Thanks

2015 FLTRXS, Stock 6.5 Radio BT4180, HAT I57-2 in the lids, and HAT I61-2V2 in the fairing. I have appropriately sized FMODs on the front and rear inputs for what it's worth.

Adam

CVORoadKing2013

Posted this in other places and havent gotten an answer yet

So I had my speakers blow on my 2015 RGS and had them replaced under warranty. So decided to put in the Stage 2 boom speakers and amp. I know there are supposed to be better option but I was also trying to keep it under my 2 year warranty.

Well they put it in and it sounds like crap Bass and Treble adjustments don't seem to do anything and it just sounds like crap.

I found the post on how to check the bin file that is down loaded. I have 192_Off.bin

Seems like every one likes the 135_Off or the 00_Off.bin

I found a Txt file that shows all the bin files.

192_Off HU 121712 rev1d +3dBdyn GBDK_platinum.EQF

135_ON.bin HU 4ch active rev1e DK 041013.EQF

00_OFF.bin FLHT_EngOFF_EQ_4spkr_111412_rev1g.EQF

So what bin file is best for the setup I have? Do any of these bin files actually give you any better control of the bass and treble?

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am already at the point of having everything removed and just have the stock speakers put in.

Modes

Quote from: CVORoadKing2013 on August 27, 2015, 02:58:42 AM
Posted this in other places and havent gotten an answer yet

So I had my speakers blow on my 2015 RGS and had them replaced under warranty. So decided to put in the Stage 2 boom speakers and amp. I know there are supposed to be better option but I was also trying to keep it under my 2 year warranty.

Well they put it in and it sounds like crap Bass and Treble adjustments don't seem to do anything and it just sounds like crap.

I found the post on how to check the bin file that is down loaded. I have 192_Off.bin

Seems like every one likes the 135_Off or the 00_Off.bin

I found a Txt file that shows all the bin files.

192_Off HU 121712 rev1d +3dBdyn GBDK_platinum.EQF

135_ON.bin HU 4ch active rev1e DK 041013.EQF

00_OFF.bin FLHT_EngOFF_EQ_4spkr_111412_rev1g.EQF

So what bin file is best for the setup I have? Do any of these bin files actually give you any better control of the bass and treble?

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am already at the point of having everything removed and just have the stock speakers put in.

I have no clue what the bin should be for the HD stuff.  You'd think the computer the techs hook up would get it right.  Everything on this thread is related to aftermarket gear.

Adam