May 01, 2024, 05:11:55 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2014-2015 audio flash question...

Started by Bertk, February 09, 2015, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modes

Quote from: Bertk on February 22, 2015, 06:45:14 PM
Quote from: Modes on February 22, 2015, 03:32:50 PM
Had my 2015Road glide flashed yesterday amp1 and amp2 off, 4 speakers (lid speakers selected) . Went into EQ through on screen diagnostics and none a circled nor highlighted in Orange.  Touching the I button reveals "Current EQ version: BUILT IN FLAT EQ.  Load new EQ? (Yes) (No). I have working bass and treble controls, present but unusable fader.  Sounds better running than off.  But all seems l I or what I would want.  Ordered some
FOods to rid lows my speakers can't produce.

Adam
Press the up or down arrow to the right to scroll through all the bin files. One has to the highlighted.

Tried three times.  Never saw one highlighted.

fallenhillbilly

Cursor over to the up and down arrows. Then you can stroll through the list.and one should be highlighted..

shagyluke

Quote from: fallenhillbilly on February 23, 2015, 07:14:57 AM
Cursor over to the up and down arrows. Then you can stroll through the list.and one should be highlighted..

For some reason you can not do it with the controls, or at least I cant. You have to put your finger on the HU and use the arrows to scroll up and down. I couldn't find mine at first also.
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

fallenhillbilly

Has anyone had the 18.3 update put in.while working on flash this weekend they update system to the latest version. But like everything esle I have tried it cause problems.  Took some joy stick controls away on left stick. .something esle took work on. .LOL

Modes

I don't know....I see none highlighted!

Adam

Bertk

Well that's new Adam. What version Firmware is installed?
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

Bertk

Actually this is what I was looking for, sorry.
Go to "Home - Set-up - System Information Software Version"

[attach=0]
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

ducatidesmo

Quote from: shagyluke on February 23, 2015, 10:56:39 AM

For some reason you can not do it with the controls, or at least I cant. You have to put your finger on the HU and use the arrows to scroll up and down. I couldn't find mine at first also.

Hi Shagyluke,

You happen to remember the selections that were made in order to get the 02_OFF.BIN/02_ON.BIN loaded?

Thanks!

shagyluke

Quote from: ducatidesmo on February 24, 2015, 08:36:49 AM
Quote from: shagyluke on February 23, 2015, 10:56:39 AM

Hi Shagyluke,

You happen to remember the selections that were made in order to get the 02_OFF.BIN/02_ON.BIN loaded?

Thanks!

I just have amp 1 & 2 Installed "No" and four speakers as thats all that was offered from the VIN # of my 15RGS. Dave, the mechanic at Las Vegas Harley let me hang out and go through everything with him. We went through all the tabs and looked for the 8 speakers and then another tech said we couldnt do that because the RGS didnt come with an 8 speaker option like the CVO or Ultra. Really all he changed was the 4 speakers and amp 1&2 installed No...

fallenhillbilly

Originally Posted by ShadeTreeFree 

Ok... Here's an idea..... Why doesn't whoever has the 02_off.bin file installed go to a dealer and see what options you have selected in the Digital Tech. I have been to my local dealer about 5 times trying to achieve the 02_off.bin file but we can't get it. My service guy called the factory and said there is no way possible to cherry pick your .bin file. It auto loads the bin file based off the options that are selected in reference to speakers / amps options. Thats why I suggest whoever has that file installed go to a dealer and see the exact set-up of your options ex(amps, speakers)..... Just an idea

That's sounds like the best idea I have heard or read yet.if somebody with O2_. Bin off could go to the dealer and get us the settings for amps and speakers that would solve alot of our problems and would be gratefully appreciated...someone please step up and help a brother out...

shagyluke

I can probably get by there this weekend. I will see what I can find out.

fallenhillbilly

Thanks Maybe that will confirm what we need to do..pls asked if there's a trick to flashig it.I have try what I thought was what other have to get it right but comes up with wrong file..    It just looks like several people have 02_off. bin  but they have different setups.some say  amps on and some amps off. And thanks for taking the time to help.would be nice to enjoy the radio again. .

Bertk

Quote from: Modes on February 24, 2015, 08:09:50 AM
When this version was put up on the HD site it was quickly taken down do to defects. Install 1.18.2.
I wouldn't touch 1.18.3.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

Bertk

Quote from: shagyluke on February 24, 2015, 09:39:16 PM
I can probably get by there this weekend. I will see what I can find out.
That would be great.  :smile:
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

shagyluke

Quote from: Bertk on February 25, 2015, 08:51:23 AM
When this version was put up on the HD site it was quickly taken down do to defects. Install 1.18.2.
I wouldn't touch 1.18.3.

1.18.2 is what I have installed. I'm not going to do any other updates at all, Especially seeing how its just for the Boom crap anyways.

fallenhillbilly

Didn't know that 1-18.3 was crap but maybe that explains why my radio functions has crashed. Going to get them to put 1-18. 2 back in and see if that fix my new problem.

Bertk

February 25, 2015, 12:20:18 PM #43 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:23:26 PM by Bertk
Quote from: fallenhillbilly on February 25, 2015, 11:42:36 AM
Didn't know that 1-18.3 was crap but maybe that explains why my radio functions has crashed. Going to get them to put 1-18. 2 back in and see if that fix my new problem.
Yes I saw you post that, and the reason for my decision not to update.
I have not tried down grading the FW, but I do have a copy of 1.18.2.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

fallenhillbilly

Quote from: Bertk on February 25, 2015, 12:20:18 PM
Dealer said putting it back was not a problem but he has installed on many of bikes and no problem. Just wondering if file got corrupted before he got to mind .just a thought
[/quote]

ALUCARD19

Or just bite the bullet and pull out the factory HU and install a double din HU with navigation and all problems solved.
Remember, It's only money.  :sink:
"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

4nic8

Double din won't fit unless you cut the bottom support plate under radio on a batwing. The face of the radio would fit an alpine 8in display, but the face actually hangs low below the body on the infotainment system and the chasis is really a standard din. I've been wrestling with this myself but I do actually use nav on some of our tour rides, which is why I'm leaning towards installing an iPad mini with cellular card instead if an actual headunit, then I can keep nav with Google maps and use pandora or iTunes rather then radio which is all I do now anyway

ALUCARD19

Doesn't someone make an adapter to fit a single din unit in the opening, then maybe a HU with a pop out screen with nav.
"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

Modes

Quote from: Bertk on February 25, 2015, 08:51:23 AM
I wouldn't touch 1.18.3.

Would I loose my flash after and have to redo it?

Adam

Bertk

Quote from: Modes on February 25, 2015, 06:59:44 PM

Would I loose my flash after and have to redo it?

Adam
That I do not know.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX