2014 - 2015 Bike Needed (Local to Houston Area ONLY) Free Equipment and Install

Started by UltraNutZ, February 27, 2015, 06:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltraNutZ

I have an idea :idea:  that Bill and I have been discussing but I need a test bike local to me in the Houston area.. here's my stipulations and request.  PM only.

• 2014/2015 (2) speaker bike ONLY (if this works then I'll do the same thing with a 4 speaker setup afterwards)
  • Roadie or Batwing doesn't matter
  • 6.5 or 4.3 infotainment.
  • radio MUST NOT BE FLASHED other than stock flash as it came from the factory.  This is VERY important as I need an unmolested audio setup as it comes from HD.
  • and finally MUST be able to leave bike with me for 2 days for full testing (1 day to install, 1 day to test/document).  I cannot have someone show up and expect to leave on their bike the same day.  It simply doesn't give me enough time to test things fully.
  • In return, you will get (1) PBR300x2 amp, (1) set of Infinity Kappa 62.11i speakers, and installation, all free of charge and your's to keep regardless whether the test works or not.
I'm not 100% sure my test will work so you need to also understand/expect that if it doesn't work as I expect it to, you (i don't ride other people's bikes unless motor work is performed) will need to bring the bike to the dealer to have it flashed once you pick it up.  No exceptions to the above.  if you don't agree with ALL of the above, don't bother contacting me.

*NOTE*
No modifications to stock wiring will be performed.  Everything will be plug n play and easily removed later on if you desire to do so.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

AAWAV

I cannot repeat this enough - Nutz is THE MAN... I "talk" to him on a very regular base and I would drive my over (on a trailer lol) if I had a 2014-2015, but I do not (Lucky me).
Nutz, I am donating money towards the free audio setup to support the HD audio "world". I will email you. we got to sort this out once and for all. Thanks for doing this.

'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

Leed

UltraNutZ

no funds right now please.  Let's see if this works first then I'll be glad to charge everyone for my knowledge!   :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

shagyluke

All I can say is WOW!! what a deal. Wish I lived closer and this had happened about a month ago. I might have even shipped my bike from Vegas. Thanks for doing this UN.
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

maverick2076

UN,

I've got a guy for you with a 2014 SGS who will be your test bike.  He lives in Rosenberg and is in my wife's Club.  I sent you a PM on HD Forums.  If you can send me your phone number, I'll get him in touch with you.

Gannicus

Quote from: AAWAV on February 27, 2015, 07:59:02 AM
I cannot repeat this enough - Nutz is THE MAN... I "talk" to him on a very regular base and I would drive my over (on a trailer lol) if I had a 2014-2015, but I do not (Lucky me).
Nutz, I am donating money towards the free audio setup to support the HD audio "world". I will email you. we got to sort this out once and for all. Thanks for doing this.
[/quote

Totally agree! If NUTZ and Bill can't get figured out. Rushmore bikes will be at the mercy of HD forever!

UltraNutZ

update.. donor bike/owner found.  Thanks maverick2076.

Don, aka Left - will be the donor.
2014 SGS with 6.5 Infotainment.
Waiting on a couple of parts to come in.  when they do I'll get Left over to commence the testing.  And the bonus for me is Left has another bike so I'm not limited to 2 days if need be.   :up:

Stay tuned hopefully for positive results.

shagyluke

Rt on... Great news. Hope you are able to get something figured out. Thanks Todd

Bertk

Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

crazy joe

z71_fourwheelin

Kw X598, SS 4.520, 4x MM651

moose

now I'm thinking you should do the same for an older bike  like a 2011 limited    how about that i have one 

and then it should be a road trip to the east coast (new jersey)  It just so happens I would be happy to volunteer my bike for the free test and free equipment and even supply the heated garage to work in and a place to stay

i know i know its very nice of me        just sayin
Moose aka Glenn-

HD Doobie

This is AWESOME news!  Thanks for doing this UN, Bill, Left!  Just one small request...  Any chance you could do some testing on weather having the speakers mounted inside or outside the pods affects sound quality? 

UltraNutZ

Bertk

Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

UltraNutZ

hopefully this weekend I can line it up if the damn BA grills ever get here...

luc.who

Kewl! 
Nutz, I love my new to me CVO, but miss the stereo I had in my 2010 FLHX.  Thanks for doing this ! 

HD Doobie

Any updates on this?  Not trying to be a pain, just really curious on your results!

Sprint07

I'm real curious now also.  Received my speaker boxes for the lowers on my '14 Ultra along with my BikeTronics stuff.

I've been scared to even attempt to do this install until something gets figured out.  Would really hate to have the bike completely torn apart to install to find out that the BikeTronics won't perform as advertised and I've spent a ton of money on it.

2009 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
2014 Electra Glide Ultra

shagyluke

Quote from: Sprint07 on March 18, 2015, 08:28:08 PM
I'm real curious now also.  Received my speaker boxes for the lowers on my '14 Ultra along with my BikeTronics stuff.

I've been scared to even attempt to do this install until something gets figured out.  Would really hate to have the bike completely torn apart to install to find out that the BikeTronics won't perform as advertised and I've spent a ton of money on it.

If you have a 15 RG. I can tell you that the 4180 and the 62.11i's on mine rock. Even without treble and base control it sounds 1000* better than stock. My buddies riding in front of me that are on Dynas tell me they can hear my stereo while they are in front of me. You wont be disappointed from what you have (Stock) going to the BT equipment. Just my .02

UltraNutZ

Quote from: HD Doobie on March 18, 2015, 02:59:34 PM
Any updates on this?  Not trying to be a pain, just really curious on your results!

Surdyke BO-d the damn grills.  I want to wait til I get them in just in case I need to install speakers on outside of pods.

Much as I hate to do it, I might just grab a set of grills from Cycle Sounds

AAWAV

Quote from: shagyluke on March 18, 2015, 08:43:07 PM
Quote from: Sprint07 on March 18, 2015, 08:28:08 PM

If you have a 15 RG. I can tell you that the 4180 and the 62.11i's on mine rock. Even without treble and base control it sounds 1000* better than stock. My buddies riding in front of me that are on Dynas tell me they can hear my stereo while they are in front of me. You wont be disappointed from what you have (Stock) going to the BT equipment. Just my .02

that was me they heard, not you LMAO....
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

UltraNutZ