April 28, 2024, 08:14:41 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

switching from TTS to PV

Started by 06roadglide, March 24, 2015, 05:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdtail78

Nice!  I'll send them your way then.
Semper Fi

06roadglide

Quote from: Durwood on March 25, 2015, 08:54:41 AM
Quote from: hrdtail78 on March 25, 2015, 08:30:03 AM
Congrats on the dyno.  It will spoil you and you will wonder how/ why you did it the other way for so long.  Then somebody will bring a trike in, and oh boy.  Your back in the mix on the street.
I bought a 250ix, got the trikes covered too. :teeth:

Dang Durwood!! Did you buy a new one?
You're in southern IN correct?

And Congrats!! I sure wish I could afford one right now.  Me a buddy really want one for his Business.

glens

Talking on the phone while driving is perhaps less distracting than talking to the person sitting next to you while driving.

Coyote

Quote from: glens on March 25, 2015, 09:30:20 AM
Talking on the phone while driving is perhaps less distracting than talking to the person sitting next to you while driving.

Studies have shown this not to be true.

http://unews.utah.edu/old/p/112608-2.html

Durwood

Durwood

March 25, 2015, 10:22:50 AM #55 Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:25:22 AM by Durwood
Quote from: 06roadglide on March 25, 2015, 09:03:47 AM
Congrats on the dyno.  It will spoil you and you will wonder how/ why you did it the other way for so long.  Then somebody will bring a trike in, and oh boy.  Your back in the mix on the street.

And Congrats!! I sure wish I could afford one right now.  Me a buddy really want one for his Business.
Yes, I bought a new one, there are quite a few updates to the electronics and software on a new one versus buying used and updating, this made the most sense to me.

Besides, I can't let Stroker, Jason, Bob, Nick, Steve and Jamie have all the fun.. :teeth:

Herko is a mentor/teacher to me and between him and Stroker the transition from street tuner to dyno tuner should be smooth.

Thanks,

Yes, Evansville In.

06roadglide

Quote from: Durwood on March 25, 2015, 10:22:50 AM

Yes, I bought a new one, there are quite a few updates to the electronics and software on a new one versus buying used and updating, this made the most sense to me.

Besides, I can't let Stroker, Jason, Bob, Nick, Steve and Jamie have all the fun.. :teeth:

Herko is a mentor/teacher to me and between him and Stroker the transition from street tuner to dyno tuner should be smooth.

Thanks,

Yes, Evansville In.

Nice! HTT members are going nationwide with dyno services for the rest of us members.   :bike:  None of us should have to travel too far to get a quality tune from any of you guys.

Herko is a Hell of a Man!! I met him a couple of times out at his place.  That guy takes pride in everything he does, spotless!!  Hated that he sold his dyno to Louisville HD.

Good luck with the new tool and look forward to seeing your progress with it.   :chop:

Durwood

Quote from: 06roadglide on March 25, 2015, 11:09:37 AM
Quote from: Durwood on March 25, 2015, 10:22:50 AM

Thanks,

Yes, Evansville In.

Nice! HTT members are going nationwide with dyno services for the rest of us members.   :bike:  None of us should have to travel too far to get a quality tune from any of you guys.

Herko is a Hell of a Man!! I met him a couple of times out at his place.  That guy takes pride in everything he does, spotless!!  Hated that he sold his dyno to Louisville HD.

Good luck with the new tool and look forward to seeing your progress with it.   :chop:
John is a very meticulous and detail oriented person, an absolute pleasure to work with.

Thanks for the well wishes :up:

m1marty

Bought a 250i a few days ago.....Pretty happy about that. :up:
OFFO

Durwood

Quote from: m1marty on March 25, 2015, 07:28:39 PM
Bought a 250i a few days ago.....Pretty happy about that. :up:
That's cool Marty  :up:

1FSTRK

Two more EFI tuners for HTT members to work with.  :up: :up:
The best of luck to both of you.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

lonewolf

Quote from: 1FSTRK on March 26, 2015, 09:01:05 AM
Two more EFI tuners for HTT members to work with.  :up: :up:
The best of luck to both of you.
:agree: Enjoy

redmtrckl

Quote from: FLTRI on March 24, 2015, 03:41:22 PM
Just don't ride down the road while looking at that postage stamp screen. By the time you look back at the road and refocus your attention, you become the bug on the windshield.
Bob

Someday I expect to hear of a big lawsuit over this road tuning device where the last thing that went through some guy's mind was his A-hole. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

joe_lyons

They could get sued as much as the people who make the perch mounted clocks.  The PV screen worked better for throttle position as you could jump to that TP and just hold it but MAP is a little more tricky.  Some people can handle it and others can not.  Long empty roads for any road tuning is the best idea, be it a "postage stamp" size screen or a 10" tablet.  If you eyesight is crappy then do not attempt. 
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

UltraNutZ

Quote from: joe_lyons on March 28, 2015, 07:07:41 AM
They could get sued as much as the people who make the perch mounted clocks.  The PV screen worked better for throttle position as you could jump to that TP and just hold it but MAP is a little more tricky.  Some people can handle it and others can not.  Long empty roads for any road tuning is the best idea, be it a "postage stamp" size screen or a 10" tablet.  If you eyesight is crappy then do not attempt. 
:agree:

common sense is the biggest factor involved in doing such.  If you lack it, you probably shouldn't be riding a bike to begin with.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: redmtrckl on March 28, 2015, 06:48:15 AM
Just don't ride down the road while looking at that postage stamp screen. By the time you look back at the road and refocus your attention, you become the bug on the windshield.
Bob

Someday I expect to hear of a big lawsuit over this road tuning device where the last thing that went through some guy's mind was his A-hole. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

Sounds like a good argument for a full time closed loop AFR tuning system without a display.. :wink:

rbabos

Quote from: Max Headflow on March 28, 2015, 07:25:10 AM
Bob

Sounds like a good argument for a full time closed loop AFR tuning system without a display.. :wink:
Been there, done that.
Ron

a2wheeler

Wish one of you guys with a Dyno lived near Colorado. But for now, I'm going back on the road today to do more road tuning. No display, just a laptop in the truck which I hope maintains connection for the entire run. The toothpick on the usb connection has been working well. But i still have to watch for cops.

UltraNutZ

a2wheeler.  take a pair of pliers and squeeze the connection on the USB cable so that it fits real tight in the connection on the laptop.  No problems.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

a2wheeler

Dang it. Tooth pick failed me on 2nd run. Thanks Ultra - I will try the pliers.

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: rbabos on March 28, 2015, 07:44:40 AM
Quote from: Max Headflow on March 28, 2015, 07:25:10 AM
Bob

Been there, done that.
Ron

And you survived.. Amazing..