May 02, 2024, 08:39:57 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

14+ compensator spring preload check

Started by joe_lyons, April 18, 2015, 10:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 23, 2015, 07:12:27 AM
Quote from: rbabos on September 23, 2015, 06:45:57 AM
As for problems here and there, sure the odd one. We make every effort and went above and beyond to fix it.

No different than other good companies in the industry.

Quote from: rbabos on September 23, 2015, 06:45:57 AM
it was the right thing to do.
Ron 

Hope your not breaking your arm over the right thing to do.  For free?  Let's just say.  I am glad I have a good enough relationship with GMR as one of their dealers.  That they decided to do the right thing and take care of his dealer network.  I also consider him a friend.
Truth is, I was the one who suggested replacing your units via GMR after picking up on a post you made about having some on the shelf and no comps to use them on. Again, keeping the facts straight , for anyone else who reads this.
We ate the cost of the old units, which is fine and as it should be. Thank-you for keeping the GMR  relationship alive.
Ron

hrdtail78

The real truth is.  Way before that post.  GMR already committed to me that he would help me with the older ones. By sending me newer style or helping me convert mine over.  Eating the cost?  You take the older style trays and make the new style out of them and sell them.  So, you only eat some of the cost.  For the others that are reading this.  Would of been easier to just answer my first straight forward question and been done. :hyst:
Semper Fi

Steve Cole

Quote from: rbabos on September 23, 2015, 05:20:43 AM
Quote from: Steve Cole on September 22, 2015, 04:31:35 PM
Quote from: rbabos on September 22, 2015, 04:13:02 PM
Quote from: Steve Cole on September 22, 2015, 03:36:09 PM
The problem still is that the fix as you called it didn't fix them all. Did it help, I'm sure it did, but it didn't fix them all so there is still something missing and since you got rid of your test bike you will never know how it would have done over the long haul with a high torque engine!
This is a team effort. We have tri-glide to test with but long term testing is done now to our satisfaction, with the PEAK as the last test subject.  That solves that. No point playing with a light weight when the heavy bike loaded up pulling a trailer will show results or lack of faster. Set the preload, use a decent , use the oiling kit and it's as good as it will get. There is always going to be comp qc issues with the odd one of them. That, we cannot control.
Ron

I notice you didn't say fixed, only as good as it gets. This still leave plenty of room for improvement and it's not going to be a one size fits all either, IMHO. This is no easy issue as many others have found out before you started playing around with it, and after you gave up.
Who said I gave up? Seems like you take every opportunity to attack me in any childish manner possible, just like one other person on this forum. Grow up.  We offer the best possible solution to prevent pre mature compensator wear, bar none. It's as simple as that.  Currently the Primo 32 is being checked out with the oiler to see how it works out. Tray clearance is good and it looks like a decent unit so far. I'm still fully involved with the product and yes I branched over to the vrod because I really like the bike. So sue me if that is a crime since I can only afford and only have room for one bike.
Ron

You did, maybe you should worry more about reading what you type than going after anyone and everyone who has an opinion different than yours. Your claim is now to offer the best possible solution, again your not saying a fix, your words not mine. Others are doing it differently yet you attack most everything they do.
I could care less about you getting a Vrod. When you traded for the Vrod your test bed went out the window, so you have no first hand way of doing long term testing.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

rbabos

Quote from: Steve Cole on September 23, 2015, 08:23:32 AM
Quote from: rbabos on September 23, 2015, 05:20:43 AM
Quote from: Steve Cole on September 22, 2015, 04:31:35 PM
Quote from: rbabos on September 22, 2015, 04:13:02 PM
Quote from: Steve Cole on September 22, 2015, 03:36:09 PM
The problem still is that the fix as you called it didn't fix them all. Did it help, I'm sure it did, but it didn't fix them all so there is still something missing and since you got rid of your test bike you will never know how it would have done over the long haul with a high torque engine!
This is a team effort. We have tri-glide to test with but long term testing is done now to our satisfaction, with the PEAK as the last test subject.  That solves that. No point playing with a light weight when the heavy bike loaded up pulling a trailer will show results or lack of faster. Set the preload, use a decent , use the oiling kit and it's as good as it will get. There is always going to be comp qc issues with the odd one of them. That, we cannot control.
Ron

I notice you didn't say fixed, only as good as it gets. This still leave plenty of room for improvement and it's not going to be a one size fits all either, IMHO. This is no easy issue as many others have found out before you started playing around with it, and after you gave up.
Who said I gave up? Seems like you take every opportunity to attack me in any childish manner possible, just like one other person on this forum. Grow up.  We offer the best possible solution to prevent pre mature compensator wear, bar none. It's as simple as that.  Currently the Primo 32 is being checked out with the oiler to see how it works out. Tray clearance is good and it looks like a decent unit so far. I'm still fully involved with the product and yes I branched over to the vrod because I really like the bike. So sue me if that is a crime since I can only afford and only have room for one bike.
Ron

You did, maybe you should worry more about reading what you type than going after anyone and everyone who has an opinion different than yours. Your claim is now to offer the best possible solution, again your not saying a fix, your words not mine. Others are doing it differently yet you attack most everything they do.
I could care less about you getting a Vrod. When you traded for the Vrod your test bed went out the window, so you have no first hand way of doing long term testing.
OK, now read really slow. WE    USE    A    TRI-GLIDE.
Ron

rbabos

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 23, 2015, 07:49:57 AM
The real truth is.  Way before that post.  GMR already committed to me that he would help me with the older ones. By sending me newer style or helping me convert mine over.  Eating the cost?  You take the older style trays and make the new style out of them and sell them.  So, you only eat some of the cost.  For the others that are reading this.  Would of been easier to just answer my first straight forward question and been done. :hyst:
Ok, just so I got this straight. GMR is your friend. You made arrangements prior to the post, yet you complained on an open forum about not being able to use the ones on your shelf after the fact?  Nice guy. :wtf:
Ron