April 27, 2024, 12:06:20 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2001 e-glide clarion stereo

Started by rhino, June 14, 2015, 05:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhino

I have a 2001 e-glide with an aftermarket clarion head unit. when installed in 2002 the install company could not make my hand controls work. I recently went to an audio shop and they want 500.00 to make my hand controls work. I think they're nuts. What can I expect to pay if it is possible to make them work.  I could probably install stuff my self as I do most of my own work.

lilchief

I'm sure UltraNutz will chime in here but you could probably get a Biketronics or Hawgwired unit that is a direct plug & play, or you could get a Pac Audio steering wheel control adapter which requires a bit of splicing & soldering in some resistors for about $50, if not cheaper. You then program the unit to your specific head unit. If going with the Pac Audio, go to their website & make sure your head unit is supported by their controller before you buy one. Their device is the SWI-JAK or something like that, but they do work on Harleys. I had one on my old bike (2002). Pac Audio instructions are pretty straight forward & easy to follow.
Lil Chief

UltraNutZ

June 15, 2015, 05:06:51 AM #2 Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:02:43 AM by UltraNutZ
Biketronics 1005x controller plugs right in - only one on the market that retains automatic volume control - the entire kit is $197 but you don't need all that, just the controller - call Bill @ Biketronics for pricing.
Hawgwired HUA360 plugs right in - another good controller that has proven itself  - $140
Axxess ASWC-1 - very easily integrated into your hand controls but requires some splicing - $50 just about anywhere.
PAC Audio controller that lilchief mentioned as well.

They all do the same thing, just a matter of whether you want it to be plug n play and whether you want AVC
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons