May 08, 2024, 03:16:08 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Scatter Plots for Beginners

Started by whittlebeast, August 05, 2015, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe_lyons

Quote from: Coyote on September 15, 2015, 05:30:57 PM
It's clearly report AFF values that change and are not 100 in the OL areas.  :nix:

98 MAP and an AFF of 98.4%

[attach=0]
Let's say that you're close loop ends at 70 kPa. Now whatever the adaptive/AFF is @ 70 kPa will continue over to the right all away to 100 kPa. Now let's also say that you're close loop doesn't go any lower than 30 kPa , whatever the adaptive/AFF is at 30 kPa will continue over to the left.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Coyote

Give or take a fraction of a percent, that is what I'm seeing looking at it plotted in a table. Thanks  :up:

Jamie Long

Quote from: Coyote on September 15, 2015, 04:58:58 PM
Can someone explain why AFF values are present for areas of the map that are open loop? Thks

AFF is adaptive long term fuel trim, this multiplier it is applied as block learn which can/will affect the open loop areas as well. 

Coyote

Quote from: Jamie Long on September 15, 2015, 06:53:08 PM
Can someone explain why AFF values are present for areas of the map that are open loop? Thks

AFF is adaptive long term fuel trim, this multiplier it is applied as block learn which can/will affect the open loop areas as well.

OK but how is it arriving at the value it shows for the OL areas?

Jamie Long

Quote from: joe_lyons on September 15, 2015, 06:06:40 PM
Quote from: Coyote on September 15, 2015, 05:30:57 PM
It's clearly report AFF values that change and are not 100 in the OL areas.  :nix:

98 MAP and an AFF of 98.4%

[attach=0]
Let's say that you're close loop ends at 70 kPa. Now whatever the adaptive/AFF is @ 70 kPa will continue over to the right all away to 100 kPa. Now let's also say that you're close loop doesn't go any lower than 30 kPa , whatever the adaptive/AFF is at 30 kPa will continue over to the left.

How it learns AFF all depends on how the specific parameters were written in the cal, we learned some pretty cool stuff in this regard when developing Target Tune

joe_lyons

Quote from: Coyote on September 15, 2015, 06:57:04 PM

With the help of closed loop/CLI.

Jamie Long

Quote from: Coyote on September 15, 2015, 06:57:04 PM

AFF is derived based directly on the integrator/CLI (short term fuel trim), the learn rate, specific attributes, etc.. are all items set up in the background of the calibration.

Coyote

The CLIs appear to stop updating when I'm in OL which is why I ask.

joe_lyons

CLI will only update in the closed loop area and go to 100 outside of the closed loop area.  But the AFF slowly do the job of the CLI and keeps long term memory of what it had to do.  AFF will continue its value to the left and to the right of the last value in closed loop but AFF does not update either while outside of the closed loop area.

Jamie Long

Quote from: Coyote on September 15, 2015, 07:42:00 PM
The CLIs appear to stop updating when I'm in OL which is why I ask.

As Joe noted, adaptive fuel control (AFF) applies block learn over a specific region, not just a single cell. This can/will overlap into open loop areas of the tune. If your log is showing the AFF multiplier is showing a correction in an area outside of closed loop this is exactly what is going on.

Coyote

tstroud

So, what is the size of the blocks in block learn and is there a map of the blocks so you would know what area is going to be affected by block learn?

joe_lyons

hrdtail78

Quote from: tstroud on September 16, 2015, 11:50:32 AM
So, what is the size of the blocks in block learn and is there a map of the blocks so you would know what area is going to be affected by block learn?

It is different between the different levels of calibrations and it is different depending on what tuner you are using.   It's not a one answer fits all.

Semper Fi

whittlebeast

Do dealers typically sell the SEPST now?  Does anyone have one of the logs that comes off the latest version?  I see relitivly little chatter on the net about what dealers are offering their customers as tuning options.  Has the EPA come down on dealers and now they have no real good options?

Andy
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

joe_lyons

Alot of dealers sell it because it's a harley product.  SEPST actually checks a spot in the ECM that the bike has been race tuned where all the other tuners do not.  Extended warranty has started looking at this and will deny a claim for power train if it says race tuned.  I'll email you some today Andy.

whittlebeast

Here is a fun screen shot on this subject.

http://www.nbs-stl.com/MLVDemo/100%20Scatter%20vs%20Histogram.png

It takes a fairly bad base tune to get things to pop out at you.

Andy

rbabos

Quote from: whittlebeast on September 17, 2015, 06:37:10 AM

Andy
Don't look all that bad based on the numbers. :nix: Bet there are way worse ones out there.
Ron

Coyote

Quote from: rbabos on September 17, 2015, 08:32:40 AM
Quote from: whittlebeast on September 17, 2015, 06:37:10 AM

Andy
Don't look all that bad based on the numbers. :nix: Bet there are way worse ones out there.
Ron

Oh yeah...

1stop

Could anyone share there custom fields they are using? Would like to see acceleration and deceleration enrichment. Warn up tuning strategies. Using mlv. Thanks

whittlebeast

Quote from: 1stop on September 20, 2015, 03:27:59 PM
Could anyone share there custom fields they are using? Would like to see acceleration and deceleration enrichment. Warn up tuning strategies. Using mlv. Thanks

Try

([Speed]-[Speed-4])/([Time]-[Time-4])

Where speed has to be the exact name of speed in your log.  That would wind up MPH/sec

joe_lyons

The accel and decell fields should already be there.

whittlebeast

Oops..   The formula I posted gives actual vehicle acceleration.  Great for getting changes in torque if all other conditions are consistent.

AE DE is something different.

Andy

1stop

Ive got a question about data logging. Im currently using a twin scan logwoto ger. The twin scan two has limited data in the log. I was gave a power vision. I looked into the auto tune for it and there are a few to choose from. What is the difference in them? Im using mlv hd to veiw logs which is why i posted here. 

Sarhan

what do you think gents, this from Deluxe 2007